The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Citizen Tiger

Re: The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 7:59 am

Subject of poor crowds at Campbelltown comes up every year and it's the same litany of excuses viz. It's Friday night, the traffic on the Expressway is heavy, it's cold, it's wet, it's on TV, it's happy hour with the lingerie barmaids, there's no parking, the pies are always cold, aliens keep stealing my car keys....

Crikey people, buy a bottle of 'man up' pills. You have a great facility, it's a huge demographic and the price of entry is more than reasonable, so get out and support your team. I gotta say that the area is habitually poor when it comes to support, the numbers speak for themselves

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 29 May, 2010 8:25 am

innsaneink wrote:Reminded me of a penrith home game when theyre struggling, empty bays opposite the cameras.
The price to attend the footy these days, I think many wont go if they think they wont get an enjoyable/satisfying (ie a win) performance...thats what 50 point thumpings do, not easily forgotten

Ha ha, were you there? Its seems as though last week you were bagging me out for suggesting i wasn't going, now its seems to me you didn't go, did you? :lol:

RIPPED!!!!
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 29 May, 2010 8:30 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:Subject of poor crowds at Campbelltown comes up every year and it's the same litany of excuses viz. It's Friday night, the traffic on the Expressway is heavy, it's cold, it's wet, it's on TV, it's happy hour with the lingerie barmaids, there's no parking, the pies are always cold, aliens keep stealing my car keys....

Crikey people, buy a bottle of 'man up' pills. You have a great facility, it's a huge demographic and the price of entry is more than reasonable, so get out and support your team. I gotta say that the area is habitually poor when it comes to support, the numbers speak for themselves

I agree with CT, It's very rare that we play at our traditional home grounds, and when we get the opportunity, there should be fans flooding through the gates, regardless of the conditions.

Its happens at Leichhardt every game, but fans don't seem to turn up in numbers at Campbelltown.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 29 May, 2010 8:59 am

citizen cub wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:Its happens at Leichhardt every game, but fans don't seem to turn up in numbers at Campbelltown.
To be fair I have been at Leichardt when there would be lucky to be 5,000 people there. Cold & raining & we are losing however because there are so few games at our traditional venues you would think more people would turn up.

There is no reason to not evenly split the games betwen Campbelltown, Leichardt and either ANZ or the SFS going forward. Simply put when you get one dud crowd and there is only 4 games played at that game the number should not be increased.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:05 am

citizen cub wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Reminded me of a penrith home game when theyre struggling, empty bays opposite the cameras.
The price to attend the footy these days, I think many wont go if they think they wont get an enjoyable/satisfying (ie a win) performance...thats what 50 point thumpings do, not easily forgotten

Ha ha, were you there? Its seems as though last week you were bagging me out for suggesting i wasn't going, now its seems to me you didn't go, did you? :lol:

RIPPED!!!!
Trolling indeed....as I said youre very transparent
A big FAIL to you sonny.

You do this a lot...talk up people to get to Cambo then dont go yourself, then offer
pathetic advice such as ''buy a bottle of 'man up' pills.''

Looks like its a tag team effort now...daddys in on the act.
You both must have a hearty chuckle laughing at Cambos crowds or lack of

Not going due to commitments is one thing...not going and pointing the finger at others is something else & very poor...daddy, you not learnin him write

Illek

Post by Illek » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:07 am

I personally couldn't make it, as once I left work the m5 was in the way, and there was no possible time to make the kick off. I'm sure there is plenty of fans who were in a similar boat. I also feel that this impacts on a lot of the city based fans travelling out to campbelltown on a friday night, many don't trust the m5, and whats the point of going if you end up missing the first 30min. If the game was played on a sunday I have no doubt it would have attracted a much bigger crowd. Scheduling Campbelltown on either a Monday or Friday night will never get the 20k results until transport improves (including the never ending roadworks between macquarie fields and campbelltown exit on the hume).

Still the crowd was not great. I would have expected at least 13k-14k to have turned up so its a bit of shame.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:10 am

There wasn't many there but I thought that the atmosphere was better than the Roosters game when the place was packed. Sure there was a lot more to cheer about last night but in the 1st half when the Warriors got in front I thought the crowd really got behind the team. Thought that it was good that the players interviewed at the end all thanked those who turned up. Looking forward to a sunny Sunday at Leichhardt in a few weeks. That will be stading room only especially if they get the Bulldogs next week.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:14 am

There is 100 thousand reasons why a friday night game should be played at SFS ...M5 Friday evening forget it ..but the community of Macathur do not deserve a full time NRL team based there they have no interest at all .Just the population that live there could fill that ground 10 fold every game ..Next year 2 games max and go for the money at SFS the people of Macathur have spoken not interested!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:17 am

Snake wrote:There is 100 thousand reasons why a friday night game should be played at SFS ...M5 Friday evening forget it ..but the community of Macathur do not deserve a full time NRL team based there they have no interest at all .Just the population that live there could fill that ground 10 fold every game ..Next year 2 games max and go for the money at SFS the people of Macathur have spoken not interested!
I wouldn't go that far however the simple fact is that the number of home games should not be increased until we get consistent numbers to each and every home game excluding the SFS or ANZ.

Illek

Post by Illek » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:27 am

Snake wrote:There is 100 thousand reasons why a friday night game should be played at SFS ...M5 Friday evening forget it ..but the community of Macathur do not deserve a full time NRL team based there they have no interest at all .Just the population that live there could fill that ground 10 fold every game ..Next year 2 games max and go for the money at SFS the people of Macathur have spoken not interested!
Possibly a little bit of an overstatement, considering against the roosters the game was basically a sellout, so they have spoken once, but unfortunately this time they forgot to pick up the phone. Maybe wait till the next two games are over before you judge.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:34 am

innsaneink wrote:
citizen cub wrote:

RIPPED!!!!
A big FAIL to you sonny.

You do this a lot...talk up people to get to Cambo then dont go yourself, then offer

Not going due to commitments is one thing...not going and pointing the finger at others is something else & very poor...daddy, you not learnin him write

Ha ha peanut, use proper grammar.

IM transparent?!? I can see through you like a glass window. One who likes to blame coaches rather than players, a 'clone' of the rest of the posters here (you post the same stuff everyday), a little hamster who blames others of 'trolling' behind his keyboard where nobody can find him. It's very obvious to me what you post and how you post it, so don't try and hide it mate.

So what games have you been to this year

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:36 am

It was the opening of the new ground and it wasn,t a sellout ..I have some knowledge of ground attendances there I have been going there since the first game the Magpies played there the Macathur area does not support it's team and that's my view of 20yrs going there.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat 29 May, 2010 9:38 am

citizen cub wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote: Its happens at Leichhardt every game, but fans don't seem to turn up in numbers at Campbelltown.

You are a clown... Leichhardt 46 games at average of 13049 per game Campbelltown 43 games at 12530.

Glad to see 500 more people a game constitutes big numbers for you.

In Fact the last 2 friday night games a LO had crowd of 12646 v Mel and 10776 v Cronulla.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 29 May, 2010 10:02 am

Eddie wrote:They are kidding to announce the crowd as 10K.

I was there and i thought there were about 5-6K there tonight. The place was more then half empty.
The official crowd number was 10,861. Given the ground can now hold 25,000, my maths tells me that yes, it was more than half empty.

I was actually impressed with the crowd number. Warriors matches pull a poor crowd no matter where they play and given there was a threat of some pretty inclimate weather, just shy of 11,000 was pretty good. It will be one of the largest crowds in Sydney this weekend with the exception of the St. George match.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:08 am

Andrew wrote:
citizen cub wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote: Its happens at Leichhardt every game, but fans don't seem to turn up in numbers at Campbelltown.

You are a clown... Leichhardt 46 games at average of 13049 per game Campbelltown 43 games at 12530.

Glad to see 500 more people a game constitutes big numbers for you.

In Fact the last 2 friday night games a LO had crowd of 12646 v Mel and 10776 v Cronulla.

To back my statement, I've just a little comparison

As a sample, I've picked out two games from last season where it has been pissing down rain and the tigers have just come back off a loss, so take a look:

Wests Tigers vs Brisbane Broncos 22 May 2009, 7:35pm Campbelltown Stadium Crowd: 9,675

Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm 20 April 2009, 7:00pm Leichhardt Oval Crowd: 12,646

This is a big piece of evidence to suggest that the Leichhardt faithful turn up no matter what the situation, to cheer the tigers on. If you want any more just ask me.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:18 am

innsaneink wrote:
citizen cub wrote:

RIPPED!!!!
A big FAIL to you sonny.

If your'e going to use third rate sarcasm and you've decided that a useful startegy for your argument might be family focussed, you could at least take the time to attribute the right quote to the right person. Challenging I know, but a little effort might just see you stay abreast of the issues

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:23 am

I think the support was disgraceful. I saw ads throughout the papers all week and C91.3 did not stop pumping the game all week. I know the rain during the week and Origin may have turned some people off, however the day was clear and more people should haave been there. Shame to the 'so called fans' - or maybe they were bandwagon jumpers while we were winning.

I got there for the schoolboys and there would have been around 1000 schoolkids and parents there. They left the ground after that match so i assume they were also counted in tyhe crowd attendance as they would have come through the turnstiles.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:29 am

How quicly it turns into an US V THEM Thread.... :lol:

Some things will never change...

To much traffic, cold, Wet, Friday night, opposition, form......blah blah blah

Poor effort from ALL Wests Tigers Supporters....

Those that decided to stay away for what ever reason...I feel sorry for you...Not everyday Wests Tigers put 50 on a team...

Wonder what the ratings for the game on TV was.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..