The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Citizen Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat 18 Jul, 2009 10:10 am

Re: The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:30 am

Andrew wrote:
citizen cub wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote: Its happens at Leichhardt every game, but fans don't seem to turn up in numbers at Campbelltown.


You are a clown... Leichhardt 46 games at average of 13049 per game Campbelltown 43 games at 12530.

Glad to see 500 more people a game constitutes big numbers for you.

In Fact the last 2 friday night games a LO had crowd of 12646 v Mel and 10776 v Cronulla.

Another poster who can't attribute a quote to the correct person. I suggest you re-ceheck your figures for the period since the premiership in 05'. Apart from your rubbery figures, it's flawed to suggest that that crowds are directly comparable, when the first is drawn from a supporter base that is iverwhelmingly local, as opposed to one that is geographically fragmented. Here's a scoop, there's very few Tigers supporters that live in Balmain, Rozelle, Glebe or Leichhardt any more


User avatar
crouching_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:32 am

Just goes to show what a waste of money they spent doing up the joint. It was unnecessary.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5216
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:39 am

I don't understand that commenting on crowds at one ground turns into US V Them rubbish most comments were about the support in the Macarthur region .If Liechardt gets 50 thousand good luck to them they keep there 4 games if Campbelltown continue to get bad support Back to the SFS pretty simple really.TV ratings it's the Tigers Massive ratings :righton:

Citizen Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat 18 Jul, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:43 am

Geo. wrote:How quicly it turns into an US V THEM Thread.... :lol:

Some things will never change...

To much traffic, cold, Wet, Friday night, opposition, form......blah blah blah

Poor effort from ALL Wests Tigers Supporters....

Those that decided to stay away for what ever reason...I feel sorry for you...Not everyday Wests Tigers put 50 on a team...

Wonder what the ratings for the game on TV was.....


Look, to be frank, I think it goes way deeper than crowd comparisons. Having been to Campbelltown quite a few times now, it's no way shabby, in fact it's an excellent stadium with very good amenities. I have to say however, that I find it quite souless. If atmosphere were available commercially, the club would be buying truckloads of the stuff for Cambo. While I appreciate that it's not quite as intimate as Leichhardt, there just is not the same buzz, or excitement, or fervour at CS that you find at the old place, despite it's lack of parking, toilets and bacteria free food. Probably been the subject of countless threads before, I know, but there you have it

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:47 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:Another poster who can't attribute a quote to the correct person. I suggest you re-ceheck your figures for the period since the premiership in 05'. Apart from your rubbery figures, it's flawed to suggest that that crowds are directly comparable, when the first is drawn from a supporter base that is iverwhelmingly local, as opposed to one that is geographically fragmented. Here's a scoop, there's very few Tigers supporters that live in Balmain, Rozelle, Glebe or Leichhardt any more
Really...what census did you get that from.......

Do you suggest only people from the McArthur support the Wests Tigers....

Always boosting the old girls numbers.......
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen


Gotoddy
Member
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: Leichhardt

Post by Gotoddy » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:55 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:How quicly it turns into an US V THEM Thread.... :lol:

Some things will never change...

To much traffic, cold, Wet, Friday night, opposition, form......blah blah blah

Poor effort from ALL Wests Tigers Supporters....

Those that decided to stay away for what ever reason...I feel sorry for you...Not everyday Wests Tigers put 50 on a team...

Wonder what the ratings for the game on TV was.....


Look, to be frank, I think it goes way deeper than crowd comparisons. Having been to Campbelltown quite a few times now, it's no way shabby, in fact it's an excellent stadium with very good amenities. I have to say however, that I find it quite souless. If atmosphere were available commercially, the club would be buying truckloads of the stuff for Cambo. While I appreciate that it's not quite as intimate as Leichhardt, there just is not the same buzz, or excitement, or fervour at CS that you find at the old place, despite it's lack of parking, toilets and bacteria free food. Probably been the subject of countless threads before, I know, but there you have it
Wow, and here I thought I could see Leichhardt Oval from my upstairs window.......gee, will have to reassess where I do my 'local' shopping, might have to make it MacArthur Square. Can anyone tell me where that is?

User avatar
coop
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun 23 May, 2010 12:00 am

Post by coop » Sat 29 May, 2010 11:58 am

citizen cub wrote:
To back my statement, I've just a little comparison

As a sample, I've picked out two games from last season where it has been p**s down rain and the tigers have just come back off a loss, so take a look:

Wests Tigers vs Brisbane Broncos 22 May 2009, 7:35pm Campbelltown Stadium Crowd: 9,675

Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm 20 April 2009, 7:00pm Leichhardt Oval Crowd: 12,646


This is a big piece of evidence to suggest that the Leichhardt faithful turn up no matter what the situation, to cheer the tigers on. If you want any more just ask me.
You're kidding aren't you?

Evidence.... LOL

The Cronula game at Leichhardt has already been mentioned, what happened to "the faithful who turn up no matter the situation" that night?

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 29 May, 2010 12:30 pm

Same old garbage and everyone ignores the elephant in the corner of the room.

Leichardt Oval is a dilapidated hole that does not meet NRL criteria. In its current format, playing at the Leichardt is not sustainable as the amenities are a disgrace. Wests Tigers are only allowed to play there due to the merger.

Campbelltown Stadium is now equipped to take this club forward over the next 20 years. Fix Leichardt Oval and maybe we can start comparing crowds. Until then, the ground is an anchor on this club's long term development.

spaceman
Member
Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Picnic Point

Post by spaceman » Sat 29 May, 2010 12:49 pm

Unfortunately due to family and work obligations its hard for me to get to friday and monday night matches.....but yes the crowd was very dissapointing I even thought the Saintsv Parra crowd looked a bit average.....possibly an origin hangover

User avatar
Mad Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Mad Tiger » Sat 29 May, 2010 12:54 pm

I can't believe you guys are putting this down to the cold/wet weather...

The reason was simple... There was no communication as to the fact the game was a Campbelltown...

Yesterday alone i spoke to 5 seperate people who would usually go to the game but did not know it was at Campbelltown... There was next to no advertisement compared to usual in the local area, and that goes for the local papers as well..

I even heard a radio station on Thursday evening referring to the game being at Leichardt..

All in all it was a poor attendance, but when the promotion of the game was probably about half as it usually would be then what do they expect???

User avatar
NJLM78
Member
Member
Posts: 2726
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:08 pm

It was really strange last night in regards to the crowd. I was there early enough for the U20s and when that game finished I was sort of expecting the place to fill at any moment. The game didn't start until about 7:45pm and I thought there must be stacks of people outside trying to get in as the teams had finished the warm ups and left the field a good while earlier. I was up the top of the Western Stand and could actually count the number of people sitting on the Northern Hill. There were 9 people sitting in one of the bays in the Eastern Stand.

The weather was great, it wasn't too cold - where was everyone? I can u nderstand people who work in the city thinking twice about going and those never ending road works on the M5 at Ingleburn are very disruptive. And sure people have other commitments but we seemed to be missing about 8000 people. I say that thinking that like others who were there, the real crowd might have been about 7000 - 8000.

I always thought that the future of the Wests Tigers might be at Campbelltown. Good stadium, big club next door, parking and public transport. Opportunities to play home semi-finals there in years to come, but after last night I might have to rethink that. As Tigers fans lets make sure that we pack the place out for the Titans game!

User avatar
Swannie47
Member
Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun 16 May, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by Swannie47 » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:17 pm

Mad Tiger wrote: The reason was simple... There was no communication as to the fact the game was a Campbelltown...

Yesterday alone i spoke to 5 seperate people who would usually go to the game but did not know it was at Campbelltown... There was next to no advertisement compared to usual in the local area, and that goes for the local papers as well..

I even heard a radio station on Thursday evening referring to the game being at Leichardt..

All in all it was a poor attendance, but when the promotion of the game was probably about half as it usually would be then what do they expect???
Thanks Mad Tiger that was my take on it as well. There's usually a vibe around C'town the week of a game and that was missing this week.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

User avatar
Icon
Member
Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Icon » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:18 pm

I really think it had alot to do with the Souths loss.

That match really turned people off, i know it did me. Had it not been for my son i would have stayed home on the Nth Shore. It's a lot to ask when you think the team isn't putting in.

A couple more wins and all will be forgiven i suspect.


-

User avatar
KingOvKingz09
Member
Member
Posts: 1185
Joined: Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:22 pm

The Jungle was there :D hope people saw/heard us...
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:26 pm

Icon wrote:I really think it had alot to do with the Souths loss.

That match really turned people off, i know it did me. Had it not been for my son i would have stayed home on the Nth Shore. It's a lot to ask when you think the team isn't putting in.

A couple more wins and all will be forgiven i suspect.


-
I never thought we had fair weather fans...... 4 years in the finals wilderness yet we ave right near the top of Sydney based crowd averages....

It's true though a winning football team will boost numbers for sure...

Beat the Scumdogs next Friday...

Leichhardt will be bursting at the seams come the Raiders game on a Sunday arvo....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:27 pm

After the no effort put in by the boys during the last 2 home games when they drew 20k at Cambo and 30k at The scg I"m surprised anybody turned up.Lets face it,those games were nonesence.

These players are on big bucks and must learn to put in every week because prices are expensive and people get peed off when they make a bigger effort to get to the game than the players during it.

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:30 pm

Given the lack of support is it time to ditch Campbelltown and play all home games at Leichhardt?

magpie mania
Member
Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by magpie mania » Sat 29 May, 2010 1:32 pm

citizen tiger wrote:subject of poor crowds at campbelltown comes up every year and it's the same litany of excuses viz. It's friday night, the traffic on the expressway is heavy, it's cold, it's wet, it's on tv, it's happy hour with the lingerie barmaids, there's no parking, the pies are always cold, aliens keep stealing my car keys....

Crikey people, buy a bottle of 'man up' pills. You have a great facility, it's a huge demographic and the price of entry is more than reasonable, so get out and support your team. I gotta say that the area is habitually poor when it comes to support, the numbers speak for themselves

perhaps its the fact that mcarthur crowd travel to leicchardt but the leichhardt people are too lazy to travel to mcarthur.what about the 10,000 crowd between tigers and cronulla at leichhardt a few years agoon a perfectly dry friday night when cronulla were leading the comp.a lot closer from cronulla to leicchardt than new zealand to mcarthur wouldnt you say i think that should well and truly knock your argument for six.in addition please note that saints and parra last night only drew 15,000 for a clash between 1 and 2 favorites for the title this year and a host of origin stars.
Last edited by magpie mania on Sat 29 May, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locked