The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Andrew

Re: The Tigers turned up, but where were the fans?

Post by Andrew » Sun 30 May, 2010 4:24 am

citizen cub wrote:
Andrew wrote:
citizen cub wrote: Its happens at Leichhardt every game, but fans don't seem to turn up in numbers at Campbelltown.

You are a clown... Leichhardt 46 games at average of 13049 per game Campbelltown 43 games at 12530.

Glad to see 500 more people a game constitutes big numbers for you.

In Fact the last 2 friday night games a LO had crowd of 12646 v Mel and 10776 v Cronulla.

To back my statement, I've just a little comparison

As a sample, I've picked out two games from last season where it has been p**s down rain and the tigers have just come back off a loss, so take a look:

Wests Tigers vs Brisbane Broncos 22 May 2009, 7:35pm Campbelltown Stadium Crowd: 9,675

Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm 20 April 2009, 7:00pm Leichhardt Oval Crowd: 12,646

This is a big piece of evidence to suggest that the Leichhardt faithful turn up no matter what the situation, to cheer the tigers on. If you want any more just ask me.

Ok I'll ask... explain round 25 2008....2 points out of the 8.....leichhardt oval friday night vs cronulla. crowd 10776

To me doesn't look like the Leichhadt faithul turned up.

and I hope your not anywhere near the occupation of Law with your big pieces of evidence!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 30 May, 2010 6:06 am

Staks wrote:Those that know me know my thoughts on the matter.

I don't want to hear the excuses as they are irrelevant. The attendance last night was pathetic and the local community should hang there heads in shame. The locals, the media and the council having been asking for more games for years now... geez I even helped them and I live outside the area. The locals should be able to get at least 10k on there own without people coming from other parts of the state. This season both our traditional grounds HAVE TO average over 17k, make my works OVER 17k !! People need to turn up in numbers to prove to the Wests Tigers that these traditional venues deserve more games.... and before all you one eyed warriors turn this into a Campbelltown v Leichhardt crap again remember that one cannot survive without the other. If one ground gets poor attendances then the other ground will also suffer when game number allocations are determined each year.
I agree.

I think the situation is pretty simple - no side of the JV should get extra games or more favourable treatment. If one ground gets poor attendances you cannot increase the number of games at either tradtional ground.

Maybe ANZ is the answer.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 30 May, 2010 6:18 am

alexaki wrote:Given the lack of support is it time to ditch Campbelltown and play all home games at Leichhardt?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was wondering how many pages i would have to read before that one came up.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 30 May, 2010 9:51 am

tiger05 wrote:
Staks wrote:Those that know me know my thoughts on the matter.

I don't want to hear the excuses as they are irrelevant. The attendance last night was pathetic and the local community should hang there heads in shame. The locals, the media and the council having been asking for more games for years now... geez I even helped them and I live outside the area. The locals should be able to get at least 10k on there own without people coming from other parts of the state. This season both our traditional grounds HAVE TO average over 17k, make my works OVER 17k !! People need to turn up in numbers to prove to the Wests Tigers that these traditional venues deserve more games.... and before all you one eyed warriors turn this into a Campbelltown v Leichhardt crap again remember that one cannot survive without the other. If one ground gets poor attendances then the other ground will also suffer when game number allocations are determined each year.
I agree.

I think the situation is pretty simple - no side of the JV should get extra games or more favourable treatment. If one ground gets poor attendances you cannot increase the number of games at either tradtional ground.

Maybe ANZ is the answer.
ANZ or SFS has always been the answer. The dogs worked it out about 10 years ago, even Souths have worked it out. Until we work it out we will never be a powerhouse. have you heard of anything more ridiculous than working out home ground allocations on a year by year basis?
So many here pretend they dont carry baggage from their previous club and that they are fully behind the joint venture but mention taking games away from LO and CS and see them show their true colours. If we had of moved fulltime to ANZ 6 years ago we would have a more united fan base in my opinion and had more money in the bank.

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 30 May, 2010 9:55 am

ANZ is not the answer.

Better promotion of the games is. There wasn't much talk around town about the Warriors clash. I'm not sure why. Maybe we've hit the mid season where supporters interest drops of a touch.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:00 am

St George Illawarra left ANZ because they base themselves on their tradition and it works for them. We should be doing the same.

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:04 am

Dairy Farmers Stadium last night got 13,538

Toyota Parks crowd: 7,826

I think the mid year crowd slump has begun for most teams

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:09 am

galahs wrote:ANZ is not the answer.

Better promotion of the games is. There wasn't much talk around town about the Warriors clash. I'm not sure why. Maybe we've hit the mid season where supporters interest drops of a touch.
Yeah it definitely wasn't as talked up as the Roosters game.

If our form continues and we don't get smashed by 50 again in the upcoming weeks, Id expect the crowd to come back for the next game at CS.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 30 May, 2010 10:20 am

galahs wrote:Dairy Farmers Stadium last night got 13,538

Toyota Parks crowd: 7,826

I think the mid year crowd slump has begun for most teams
Deary me, were comparing ourselves with Cronulla now. maybe we should strive to be a bit better than that.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 30 May, 2010 11:19 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:
You could not consider your post 'an objective assessment' by any stretch of the imagination. It demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding and indeed vision, that is frankly, quite unbelievable. If you think this club can 'move forward' commercially by basing itself permanently in the south west, you should think again. You could start by asking yourself what's in the best interests of the long term sponsors. You could theorise about the sensible basis upon which to develop a loyal membership base, or you could ask yourself where corporate facilities might be saleable. As he said, troll.....
Where did I say base the club permanently in the south west? Essentially all I said was as it stands, Leichhardt is behind Campbelltown in development as an NRL venue and this delay is curtailing the ability of the club to play 6 games each at these venues. The sooner we get back to 6 & 6, the sooner we have a loyal membership base.

So back to my point, Campbelltown Stadium is ready and will serve the club's purposes for the next 20 years. The same cannot be said for Leichhardt Oval. These arguements about which ground draws the biggest crowds are irrelevant until Leichhardt Oval is up to scratch. Fix the ground and then we can get back to the argueing about crowds, because I know that's what we love doing.

Tiges05

Post by Tiges05 » Sun 30 May, 2010 11:57 am

Without trawling thru 6 pages and i apologise in advance if this has been said..but this happens all too often at Campbelltown...the current solution is the answer. Haven't seen that poor a crowd at SFS or Homebush...ever!

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 30 May, 2010 12:57 pm

Note to self. Never start a thread like this again. :brick:

Can we just let it die, please.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 30 May, 2010 1:01 pm

No Prattenpark ...we can't.....Everyone learns from thier mistakes.... ;)
Gary Bakerloo wrote:Where did I say base the club permanently in the south west? Essentially all I said was as it stands, Leichhardt is behind Campbelltown in development as an NRL venue and this delay is curtailing the ability of the club to play 6 games each at these venues. The sooner we get back to 6 & 6, the sooner we have a loyal membership base.

So back to my point, Campbelltown Stadium is ready and will serve the club's purposes for the next 20 years. The same cannot be said for Leichhardt Oval. These arguements about which ground draws the biggest crowds are irrelevant until Leichhardt Oval is up to scratch. Fix the ground and then we can get back to the argueing about crowds, because I know that's what we love doing.
Brilliant and spot on in regards to traditional grounds.....

I don't agree with a 6 x 6 split anymore though.... the $$$$$$ from the Corporate Stadium's helps keep the CLUB afloat....

Campbelltown and Leichhardt will NEVER be able to offer the Corporate's what the Wests-SFS does in terms of Facilites and location....

Plus the Wests Tigers went with a 4x4x4 split this Year ...with supporters calling for more games at traditional venues for ages....

Staks says it well....We got some of what we wanted and only 7000 turn up plus freebies.....That's a Rorters or Sharkies turn out.....Pathetic

If you want more games at traditional home grounds Peeps have to turn up.....just Financially...it's a no brainer...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 30 May, 2010 2:14 pm

Tiges05 wrote:Without trawling thru 6 pages and i apologise in advance if this has been said..but this happens all too often at Campbelltown...the current solution is the answer. Haven't seen that poor a crowd at SFS or Homebush...ever!
that's because they get to choose the blockbusters

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 30 May, 2010 2:40 pm

galahs wrote:that's because they get to choose the blockbusters
Geez you ALWAYS come up with excuses...
You do this EVERY year...and your agenda is transparent.

The Macarthur region doesn't deserve diddly squat for their constant pathetic turnouts after the amount of whinging they do about not getting enough games out there. Face it....they're all so-called fans who always let the JV down.
The ol' cliche of "if you build it....they will come" doesn't apply here. They only turn up when WT are in good form. But what else did you expect when the people out there only jumped on the bandwagon when WS Magpies were transplanted out there.
The upgrade money could've been spent elsewhere for a better use, but ohhhh no....let's put in more seats so it will make the dump more hollow....Genius :idea:
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 30 May, 2010 2:43 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:
You could not consider your post 'an objective assessment' by any stretch of the imagination. It demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding and indeed vision, that is frankly, quite unbelievable. If you think this club can 'move forward' commercially by basing itself permanently in the south west, you should think again. You could start by asking yourself what's in the best interests of the long term sponsors. You could theorise about the sensible basis upon which to develop a loyal membership base, or you could ask yourself where corporate facilities might be saleable. As he said, troll.....
Where did I say base the club permanently in the south west? Essentially all I said was as it stands, Leichhardt is behind Campbelltown in development as an NRL venue and this delay is curtailing the ability of the club to play 6 games each at these venues. The sooner we get back to 6 & 6, the sooner we have a loyal membership base.

Mate you called Leichhardt a dilapidated hole. Fair enough if you want to make the point you made a lot better above but if you're going to try to inflame the issue by making prevocative statements you're not helping your case. Besides if your sole interest is the quality of the ground let's move full time to the SFS. Is this something you support?

Yes some of the toilets at LO need fixing but apart from that there is nothing fundametally wrong with the ground plus it's with-in 5km of the CBD and has at atmosphere that is lacking at a lot of other grounds.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sun 30 May, 2010 4:05 pm

Glass houses......

A few weeks ago us forumers were ripping into the players for turning on each other, and here we are doing exactly the same a few weeks later

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 30 May, 2010 4:11 pm

crouching_tiger wrote: They only turn up when WT are in good form.
Why should ANYONE turn up when the players don't show any heart or care at all?

Trying your best and losing is fair enough, but they don't deserve money when they don't give a s*** themselves.