Fill the Hill

hugh1954

Re: Fill the Hill

Post by hugh1954 » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:01 pm

Have my ticket, LOVE Leichhardt, love the atmosphere, wish more games allocated. Hope to hear a Robbie Robbie Robbie Chant as they run on, that would be the way to start the games

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:03 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 5:12 pm
sideline eye wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:04 pm
Harvey wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:19 am
Clifferd wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 9:43 pm
If we get near a sell out you can't help but think the crowd at Campbelltown v Raiders was a complete embarrassment
OP mentions Mbye, Robbie game in afternoon sun. Don’t think any of those factors applied at Campbelltown so hard to compare.

Isn’t a better question if we get a near sellout, where were those fans when we played the raiders
I agree, what is all this hating of differeing venues? I really thought that we all were fans of the Wests Tigers, not the Magpies or the almost defunct Balmain. I've posted on our venues before and even though I live in the Hunter Valley, Campbelltown with its public transport, parking and good facilities is a far better place to watch a game from than our other two venues. I do agree, though, that Leichhardt has a good atmosphere.
Parking and Train station yes it's a better venue that's it , but a better place to watch footy? No way.
The atmosphere at Campbelltown is poor IMO and anyhow it's not what preference i have or any other supporter has it's about maximising our Gate takings when the team is playing well and winning.

Reality is we as a Club need to bring in as much money from game Days as we possibly can.....
Campbelltown has a nominal capacity of 20,000 with the highest record of 20,527 vs Cowboys in 2005 and Leichardt also has a nominal capacity of 20,000 with the highest record of 22,877 vs Souths in 2005.
The ironic thing is both our record crowds in each venue was in 2005 when we had the most success and if these 2 grounds were much bigger we would of had way more people in each of these games so in effect we are costing ourselves a lot of money when we are doing well at these venues .

ANZ yeah facilities , Public transport great but if you get 30,000 people there = echoes.

To me i don't care where our Ground is as the Club have my money anyway with my 2 Full Season Tickets , i don't even live in Sydney so i will go to any of the 3 venues if our form warrants going down there ,

Our Club needs to find 1 home where they will maximise $$$$$$ and stop trying to please fans from the Balmain and Wests side of the merge , the last 2 Home games of every year should be played 1 at Campbelltown and the other at Leichardt to make everyone happy....if we are doing well in the 8 or need to win to get in the 8 you will pretty much fill both these Venues .

I personally don't like ANZ but like i said it's not what i prefer.
Well, you don't like ANZ or Campelltown but you do like Leichhardt. For mine, I don't want to sit or stand on the grass, use shocking facilities or have to use my car to places like Leichhardt, so I rule it out. As far as being a better place to watch a game from, the view from my seats at ANZ and Campbelltown is just great and I really don't care how many turn up; I go for my own reasons, not just to be a part of the mob. I agree that Leichhardt has a unique atmosphere but I have been there with smallish crowds in attendance with a poor home team and the atmospherics are somewhat depleted with less crowd involvement.

I do live 200km away and attend all games at Campbelltown and ANZ, so why can't the crowd that may be at Leichhardt travel a short distance across Sydney to support our team? Are we becoming the Roosters or, heaven forbid, Silvertails?

Whatever happens on Sunday, I hope, just as all supporters do, that we can at least do better than the capitulation that occurred against Canberra.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:49 am

Carefactor wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm
Harvey wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:15 pm
Carefactor wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 3:38 pm
Harvey wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:05 pm

So are those supporters like Manly fans and won’t travel to support their team? Or are there 10,000 keen tigers fans and a couple of thousand Balmain relics that won’t go outside Leichhardt
Lol . Last throw of the dice .....lets bring up the Balmain and Wests chestnut...
It is telling us that either the Campbeltown area doesnt have a fan base OR they just dont attend.
I couldnt care less if they are or were Wests or Balmain fans in the inner western suburbs but i do care that they attend games and support WESTSTIGERS. I personally attend LO games because i enjoy the atmosphere not because its an old Balmain ground... id be happy to attend Lidcombe Oval for the same reason if a game was ever there.
But do you attend Campbelltown. Do you attend Homebush?
Hate Homebush although its close to me i refuse to go unless its a finals game ( so almost never) .. and rarely go to Cambo..
So what is your point ... please dont try say that the supporters in the Macarthur area back up and make LO crowds good ?
My point is (like the other thread) we have a lot of people that don’t support the tigers. They support history, venues and so on. While it would be best to have a single home ground (though that will alienate some if it is not “their” venue) there are fans that show their support by attending games at multiple home grounds and away games.

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:19 am

The bottom line is all points above are mute as the one variable exists the Corporate world that keep this club afloat now and moving forward do not want anything to do with the garbage corporate facilities that CS and LO offer...they want the facilities that Anz offers .
Anz has no atmosphere for club games this is why the WSS fits the total bill ,fans shouldn’t get there noses out of joint ( this will never fully happen ) arguing about which current ground is better or worse , a purpose built league state of the art venue right in the middle of the supporter base and the Corprate world will be knocking the clubs door down to get in on the ground floor .
We traveled from the inner city to Campbelltown for 20 yrs to support the Magpies ,we do not attend there any more the reason we believe the club has done everything they can to get support from the area and it has not worked and will never work ..the WestsTigers are an inner west and western Sydney club ,time for one ground with a few at Liechardt oval as this is the only active traditional ground left in Sydney .

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:22 am

Snake wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:19 am
The bottom line is all points above are mute as the one variable exists the Corporate world that keep this club afloat now and moving forward do not want anything to do with the garbage corporate facilities that CS and LO offer...they want the facilities that Anz offers .
Anz has no atmosphere for club games this is why the WSS fits the total bill ,fans shouldn’t get there noses out of joint ( this will never fully happen ) arguing about which current ground is better or worse , a purpose built league state of the art venue right in the middle of the supporter base and the Corprate world will be knocking the clubs door down to get in on the ground floor .
We traveled from the inner city to Campbelltown for 20 yrs to support the Magpies ,we do not attend there any more the reason we believe the club has done everything they can to get support from the area and it has not worked and will never work ..the WestsTigers are an inner west and western Sydney club ,time for one ground with a few at Liechardt oval as this is the only active traditional ground left in Sydney .
As much as i would hate playing out of Parra i have to agree with you.10 at WSS and 2 at LO is the way to go.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:42 am

As just highlited in this thread... While the inner west may have the bigger fan base... Many of them dont/won't travel.
One has to be bigger than the other it would be very twilite zone if they were both the same.
I myself go to games when it suits me... At each of our three venues... But not every home game.
Pat yourself on the back for attending three or four at your preferred venues..and then point a finger at the other... . Good for you
Hypocrites

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:05 am

foreveratiger wrote:
sideline eye wrote:
Harvey wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 9:43 pm
If we get near a sell out you can't help but think the crowd at Campbelltown v Raiders was a complete embarrassment
OP mentions Mbye, Robbie game in afternoon sun. Don’t think any of those factors applied at Campbelltown so hard to compare.

Isn’t a better question if we get a near sellout, where were those fans when we played the raiders
I agree, what is all this hating of differeing venues? I really thought that we all were fans of the Wests Tigers, not the Magpies or the almost defunct Balmain. I've posted on our venues before and even though I live in the Hunter Valley, Campbelltown with its public transport, parking and good facilities is a far better place to watch a game from than our other two venues. I do agree, though, that Leichhardt has a good atmosphere.
Parking and Train station yes it's a better venue that's it , but a better place to watch footy? No way.
The atmosphere at Campbelltown is poor IMO and anyhow it's not what preference i have or any other supporter has it's about maximising our Gate takings when the team is playing well and winning.

Reality is we as a Club need to bring in as much money from game Days as we possibly can.....
Campbelltown has a nominal capacity of 20,000 with the highest record of 20,527 vs Cowboys in 2005 and Leichardt also has a nominal capacity of 20,000 with the highest record of 22,877 vs Souths in 2005.
The ironic thing is both our record crowds in each venue was in 2005 when we had the most success and if these 2 grounds were much bigger we would of had way more people in each of these games so in effect we are costing ourselves a lot of money when we are doing well at these venues .

ANZ yeah facilities , Public transport great but if you get 30,000 people there = echoes.

To me i don't care where our Ground is as the Club have my money anyway with my 2 Full Season Tickets , i don't even live in Sydney so i will go to any of the 3 venues if our form warrants going down there ,

Our Club needs to find 1 home where they will maximise $$$$$$ and stop trying to please fans from the Balmain and Wests side of the merge , the last 2 Home games of every year should be played 1 at Campbelltown and the other at Leichardt to make everyone happy....if we are doing well in the 8 or need to win to get in the 8 you will pretty much fill both these Venues .

I travel up to games from the Southern Highlands and enjoy both LO and CSS....ANZ is a huge stadium and doesnt have the crowd atmosphere unless there is about 80.000 there..
The point Im making is if your team is winning and doesnt have constant dramas week in week out,then people tend to support them irrespective of where they play...the other big thing is TV has a big part to play for most sporting bodies..
the lounge room with beers and nibbles to watch the game suits many as well....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 10:06 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:05 am
foreveratiger wrote:
sideline eye wrote:
Harvey wrote:

I travel up to games from the Southern Highlands and enjoy both LO and CSS....ANZ is a huge stadium and doesnt have the crowd atmosphere unless there is about 80.000 there..
The point Im making is if your team is winning and doesnt have constant dramas week in week out,then people tend to support them irrespective of where they play...the other big thing is TV has a big part to play for most sporting bodies..
the lounge room with beers and nibbles to watch the game suits many as well....
That is a major factor in people turning up or not.
Everyone has different financial obligations and not everyone can afford to take there family to the footy....paying entry fee, food, any refreshments for the day your still looking at maybe $100 for a family of 4 as apose to $65 a Month for Foxtel, so the convenience is there at the comfort of your home.

In a Corporate world Leichardt doesn't cut it but so many people I know love your old Suburban grounds, if it rains your slipping all over that Hill :lol:

There is no doubt we need 1 home ground.....where? Is the job of the Club to do there research and ascertain where is our best option in terms of maximising $$$$ as this defines the success will have.

I really don't know the answer to all of it but one thing is for sure I will follow whatever the Clubs decision is.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:16 pm

My $0.02 worth.

I am a Leichhardt only member. I have watched games from all three grounds (as well as Parra Stadium in the bad old days). The fact that I am a Leichhardt only member has zero to do with any dislike for ANZ or Campbelltown, or "wont travel or any other made up rubbish. The fact of the matter is for me I can only afford the time and $$$$ for 3 - 4 games and in that case I will cherry pick and I love Leichhardt.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:25 pm

Not doubting the atmosphere at Leichhardt but watching a game is the pits from the hill. Good luck seeing anything when the play is in the corners.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:52 pm
Just go support your side :brick:

Think yourself lucky the team you support aren't 1422 km away :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'll be there Hap, if I can drive 200 old klms you would think that people that live in Sydney shouldn't have any excuses not to get to the ground and support their team.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:25 pm
Not doubting the atmosphere at Leichhardt but watching a game is the pits from the hill. Good luck seeing anything when the play is in the corners.
Agreed. All the more reason to buy a membership (or grandstand Ticket)

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:48 pm

Glennb wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
If you get a membership now you get a seat on the hill. Great way to build the supporter base.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:55 pm

gallagher wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:48 pm
Glennb wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
If you get a membership now you get a seat on the hill. Great way to build the supporter base.
All Leichardt membership seats are sold out for the year GA would be your only membership .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:55 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:40 pm
happy tiger wrote:

I'll be there Hap, if I can drive 200 old klms you would think that people that live in Sydney shouldn't have any excuses not to get to the ground and support their team.
Exactly right BT , no excuses support your club

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:58 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:55 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

So if you wanna sit in the Grandstand with me , i'll make you pay the General admission fee at the gate then you can come up to the Grandstand with me and youse my pass :D :lol:

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:02 pm

I expect someone on this forum to do a nudie run on Sunday. :roll
We may as well make this a day to remember for one reason.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:05 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:58 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:55 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

So if you wanna sit in the Grandstand with me , i'll make you pay the General admission fee at the gate then you can come up to the Grandstand with me and youse my pass :D :lol:
Rex has short arms..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..