Luke Garner - Debut

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: Luke Garner - Debut

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:51 pm

matchball wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:45 pm
Anyone else noticed he gased.
NRL is much more fast paced.
Everyone is gassed on debut as they adjust to the next level.
He will come good.
Not sure you'd think mcqueen comes in for lawrence with twal back in.


User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3491
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm

Not enough game time to make a proper call but I did see him napping at marker once, just really slow to react to what was happening.

All I'll say is compared to the Roosters young blokes I just saw he's not in the same ballpark.
But neither are any of our forwards, the young Chooks charged onto to ball and into the line ours crawl.

But like I said, too early to call.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5477
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:54 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:51 pm
matchball wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:45 pm
Anyone else noticed he gased.
NRL is much more fast paced.
Everyone is gassed on debut as they adjust to the next level.
He will come good.
Not sure you'd think mcqueen comes in for lawrence with twal back in.
Good God no, no McQueen please. He needs to never be seen in 1st grade again for our club. Garner is our future (until he gets poached) he deserves a good crack while Lawrence is missing.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm

Early days.
But his debute was definitely not a GAMBLE!

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:34 am

Yeah same,
Didn't see enough...

Keen to see more.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:59 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:54 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:51 pm
matchball wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:45 pm
Anyone else noticed he gased.
NRL is much more fast paced.
Everyone is gassed on debut as they adjust to the next level.
He will come good.
Not sure you'd think mcqueen comes in for lawrence with twal back in.
Good God no, no McQueen please. He needs to never be seen in 1st grade again for our club. Garner is our future (until he gets poached) he deserves a good crack while Lawrence is missing.
Just the way he gast makes me nervous. The facts are he did not play great.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:55 am

Didn't do anything wrong. Should get more time.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:32 am

Was running in sand.

Fist game nerves i guess.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3232
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:40 am

I'd expect him to retain his spot on the bench for this week. With Lawrence out you'd say MCK starts and Garner becomes first back rower off the bench for Aloiai. MCK is better off the bench but it's a big ask for a guy who was only training part time until a couple of weeks ago to start in NRL.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6040
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:56 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:59 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:54 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:51 pm
matchball wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm


NRL is much more fast paced.
Everyone is gassed on debut as they adjust to the next level.
He will come good.
Not sure you'd think mcqueen comes in for lawrence with twal back in.
Good God no, no McQueen please. He needs to never be seen in 1st grade again for our club. Garner is our future (until he gets poached) he deserves a good crack while Lawrence is missing.
Just the way he gast makes me nervous. The facts are he did not play great.
Do I need to explain again the difference between a fact and an opinion?

'Gassed"

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4055
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:34 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:45 pm
Anyone else noticed he gased.
Yeah, he was gassed alright, or certainly seemed very much so. Looked to be lumbering along in a retreating defensive line rather soon after coming on, which caught my eye and made him seem a lot bigger than I thought that he was.

User avatar
Tigerstruck
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 9:10 am

Post by Tigerstruck » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:58 am

formerguest wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:34 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:45 pm
Anyone else noticed he gased.
Yeah, he was gassed alright, or certainly seemed very much so. Looked to be lumbering along in a retreating defensive line rather soon after coming on, which caught my eye and made him seem a lot bigger than I thought that he was.
Very fast first NRL game to be put into, that'll only help him in games to come

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:43 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:56 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:59 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:54 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:51 pm


Not sure you'd think mcqueen comes in for lawrence with twal back in.
Good God no, no McQueen please. He needs to never be seen in 1st grade again for our club. Garner is our future (until he gets poached) he deserves a good crack while Lawrence is missing.
Just the way he gast makes me nervous. The facts are he did not play great.
Do I need to explain again the difference between a fact and an opinion?

'Gassed"
the fact is he came on fresh with 20 to go and looked like he been playing the 80.

he made Leilua look like an iron man.

Point is i would not replace lawrence with a rookie.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:50 am

He can't jump straight into Lawrence's starting position..
That's high risk.

He'll get Matt Groat'ed.
Off the bench next game.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:55 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:43 am
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:56 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:59 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:54 pm

Good God no, no McQueen please. He needs to never be seen in 1st grade again for our club. Garner is our future (until he gets poached) he deserves a good crack while Lawrence is missing.
Just the way he gast makes me nervous. The facts are he did not play great.
Do I need to explain again the difference between a fact and an opinion?

'Gassed"
the fact is he came on fresh with 20 to go and looked like he been playing the 80.

he made Leilua look like an iron man.

Point is i would not replace lawrence with a rookie.
I always feel (and I imagine look) most gassed after my first big effort in a game or in the first 5 minutes of a run, it could just be his aerobic system kicking into gear. I wasn't paying close attention to him so I don't know what you were seeing, just a possible explanation.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:55 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:50 am
He can't jump straight into Lawrence's starting position..
That's high risk.

He'll get Matt Groat'ed.
Off the bench next game.
agree

But think Twal would be better served on bench.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:59 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:55 am
Demps wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:50 am
He can't jump straight into Lawrence's starting position..
That's high risk.

He'll get Matt Groat'ed.
Off the bench next game.
agree

But think Twal would be better served on bench.
He'll be there too..... Be crazy to not have him in the 17 again.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:04 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:50 am
He can't jump straight into Lawrence's starting position..
That's high risk.

He'll get Matt Groat'ed.
Off the bench next game.
Agree I am a fan of him because of the work he has done in ISP but starting him in the 2nd row would be a huge risk and not worth it.

Remember we are playing Souths who are the best team in the comp and interchanges will be very important so burning one early would be costly in the 2nd half.

He was gassed after his short stint yesterday which is to be expected in a debut NRL game with no stoppages.

Was happy to see him get his debut. We didn't really have the ball much when he was on but he put a couple nice shots on.

Post Reply