happy tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:18 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:33 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:36 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm

Its too late to ask that question. Cleary brought them back so now he has to run with them. He won't be able to change them.
But Robbie said himself he would do what's best for the team :?
He did Yesterday!!
If Brooks wants the bloody ball, wel it’s up to him to call it, if he doesn’t get it then it’s up to Ivan to do something about it,
Without Farah we most likely lose yesterday,
We actually looked like a football team yesterday, something we usually find it hard to do,
And some of you blokes do nothing but nit pic,
What am I nitpicking about :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

I gave him the 3 points

Again I'm just saying the future is Brooks if Brooks call for its he gets it

Benji is the secondary player in this situation

Be interesting to see who had the most touches yesterday , Brooks or Marshall ??

My point is that ever since Marshall and Farah have been together after Prince left , no 7 has been a success
Brooks had 48 touches and Marhsall had 46, so pretty even. Mbye had 40 at fullback, which is more involvement than Thompson and Lolohea were showing at fullback (Lolohea down around the high 20's and Thompson between low and high 20's in the matches I checked). Good distribution.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:46 pm

Nelson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:36 pm
happy tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:36 pm

But Robbie said himself he would do what's best for the team :?
He did Yesterday!!
If Brooks wants the bloody ball, wel it’s up to him to call it, if he doesn’t get it then it’s up to Ivan to do something about it,
We actually looked like a football team yesterday, something we usually find it hard to do,

I gave him the 3 points

Be interesting to see who had the most touches yesterday , Brooks or Marshall ??

My point is that ever since Marshall and Farah have been together after Prince left , no 7 has been a success
Brooks had 48 touches and Marhsall had 46, so pretty even. Mbye had 40 at fullback, which is more involvement than Thompson and Lolohea were showing at fullback (Lolohea down around the high 20's and Thompson between low and high 20's in the matches I checked). Good distribution.
Look I would have thought you be looking at around either 50-40 or 55-35 with Benji being secondary ....

The point being our strength in attack is Lawrence with Brooks running game which is primarily Brooks left side , probably with Master /Aloiai in a secondary role on benji's side

Personally I'd like them to play either or both sides which then throws more confusion in opposition defensive lines and really messes with the op's line speed

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 1:36 pm

Where's BBF? I thought he'd be all over here today. F?did the excitement get too much to handle?

NCC Tiger

Post by NCC Tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 3:44 pm

Can't understand the negativity around Farah. If he didn't play we would have lost. Did some great passes that got guys into a break, ran the ball intelligently, kicked well, tackled well, played 80 minutes. If Liddle had played like Farah today all would be celebrating. Thought him and Brooks complimented each other well. We now have 4 genuine options in attack which has been missing and put Saints in two minds. Seems Packer and Matalino are getting more metres because of a good dummy half. Made some mistakes but who doesn't. If that's not playing for the team what is?

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 4:01 pm

Great game Robbie in all areas, sure helps brooks as Robbie naturally leads the team, Brooks doesnt

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 4:16 pm

I don’t know why you guys can’t get it. Does anyone complain when C Smith starts playing five eight, halfback and hooker.
No!
They mention how classy he is identfying that he needs to put more control into the game.
In my honest opinion I thought we were very similar to Melbourne against the Sea Eagles.
Smith organised the ruck and the middle plays.
Brodie got involved when he got the ball.
Hughes chimed in when required and Jacks contributed when the ball came his way.
Robbie was class and we haven’t lacked an organsier we’ve lacked a Dominant Hooker!
Brooks played well, out played hunt that’s for sure.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 4:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:46 pm
Nelson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:36 pm
happy tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

He did Yesterday!!

I gave him the 3 points

Look I would have thought you be looking at around either 50-40 or 55-35 with Benji being secondary ....

The point being our strength in attack is Lawrence with Brooks running game which is primarily Brooks left side , probably with Master /Aloiai in a secondary role on benji's side

Personally I'd like them to play either or both sides which then throws more confusion in opposition defensive lines and really messes with the op's line speed
Yeah but you have the bear in mind that the possession stats are distorted by Benji taking primary kicking responsibilities - he had 14 kicks to Brooks' 5. Take kicks out and you're looking at 43 Brooks to 33 Benji which is at or about your ratio. Swap the number of kicks over and it'd be 57 Brooks to 37 Marshall.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:02 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 1:36 pm
Where's BBF? I thought he'd be all over here today. F?did the excitement get too much to handle?
Thanks for the cheerio, I was in Balmain yesterday at an arvo party and hoping to get to the game but was being pulled 3 ways at once - don't talk about it so had to hear most of it on Grandstand. The only full replay is on at 4 am on Thursday with no where for me to watch. I was trying to re-log in but could get no response from the site??

But I got to tell all my cousins how Mitch M is known as Slimy Fart on this Board.

And BTW I was in the Knee Clinic at Olympic Park on Fri morn and they were calling out for Mr. Ballin??
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:06 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:02 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thanks for the cheerio, I was in Balmain yesterday at an arvo party and hoping to get to the game but was being pulled 3 ways at once - don't talk about it so had to hear most of it on Grandstand. The only full replay is on at 4 am on Thursday with no where for me to watch. I was trying to re-log in but could get no response from the site??

But I got to tell all my cousins how Mitch M is known as Slimy Fart on this Board.

And BTW I was in the Knee Clinic at Olympic Park on Fri morn and they were calling out for Mr. Ballin??
If you have decent internet you can watch it on 9now, https://www.9now.com.au/2018-nrl-premie ... episode-54

Post by 851 » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:12 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:33 am
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:52 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:45 pm

Stop Farah bashing !
Without him we lose today .
3,2 1

Farah
Mbye
Lawrence

Just think we will be better across the park if Brooks is in charge of our attack , not the 2018 version of Benji

Robbie will create so much more for Brooks , than he can for Benji

And in fact , it will help Benji , create some space for him when he is the secondary option where his passing game can be his strength , not running around in circles like a headless chook looking for the 2005 version of his speed to kick in
But Brooks’s hasn’t got it in him
Never has , never will :bash:

Benji will always be a headless chook
No matter what ....
3 more repeat sets and a kick that should have resulted in a TRY for Naiqama but lets ignore that...
Brooks has the most forced drop outs in the NRL, Ash Taylor who is universally panned on here has the most try assists in the NRL, yet he is still crap apparently :o
Go hard or go home

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:53 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:02 pm
gallagher wrote:

I was worried about you. Farah on fire and not a peep from you. Lol

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:43 pm

Glad you remembered, I came out of Ballina airport a few hours back trying to log in to Tigers Forum and got a message that I had being de-friendled by 16 bods and thought what has erupted?

Just finished watching on Nine now was terrific, esp that tackle by maybe our number 5 to stop last St George attack. I would love to see Farah outplay
Damien Cook when they meet but Souths team too big.

(I was being abused and dragged away from party to my p/t job located in Lidcombe before half time)

Now my family up here is not talking cause was too busy to buy Lebo sweets I had promised many times.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigerstruck

Post by Tigerstruck » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:06 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:09 am
Tigerstruck wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:07 pm
Robbie's definitely our best option at the moment, but I'm still not keen on him playing 2019, that would be really pushing it.
Once Liddle gets a full preseason behind him he should be set for a good 2019, but if he's not ready and we can't get a class hooker in over the offseason then I guess Robbie is our only option for next season
He'll be ready...

Created a club record (in any grade) on Saturday, 73 tackles from 77 and played 80 minutes.
Great to hear, desperately hoping thats the case

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:29 pm

So much butt hurt. 6 pages of people repeating their same old opinions.

6 pages and no one has mentioned that biggest threat to Luke Brooks isnt Farah its Elijah Taylor. The guy just gets in the way and want to ball play. Kills the attack and is the guy who Brooks should be telling to pull his head in.

I agree with all the posters who have said Luke Brooks's lack of ability to demand the ball is all on Luke Brooks
Its an opinion!

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:32 pm

There were three exceptional passes yesterday. Farah's pass to Mbye was an absolute gem, as were Mbye's pass to Thompson and Benji's pass to Chee Kam.

Also, Noffo did great to pick up and score at pace and Thompson had plenty of work still to do to score. Brooks getting multiple repeat sets kept us in the game.

All these efforts showed class of varying degrees. As fans we should show class and applaud the boys on a great, if somewhat nerve wracking win.
Suffering supporter since 1967

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:44 pm

Brooks pushing up in support provides a great decoy in Farahs pass to Mbye... Great work the 9, 7 & 1

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:21 pm

NCC Tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 3:44 pm
Can't understand the negativity around Farah. If he didn't play we would have lost. Did some great passes that got guys into a break, ran the ball intelligently, kicked well, tackled well, played 80 minutes. If Liddle had played like Farah today all would be celebrating. Thought him and Brooks complimented each other well. We now have 4 genuine options in attack which has been missing and put Saints in two minds. Seems Packer and Matalino are getting more metres because of a good dummy half. Made some mistakes but who doesn't. If that's not playing for the team what is?
Wonderful post, couldn't agree more. Especially the line that says Farah and Brooks complimented each other well. I don't know why people are unhappy with Farah's contribution, he controlled the game brilliantly, but Brooks still had ample opportunity to shine as well. Thank God for Farah I say.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:07 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:29 pm
So much butt hurt. 6 pages of people repeating their same old opinions.

6 pages and no one has mentioned that biggest threat to Luke Brooks isnt Farah its Elijah Taylor. The guy just gets in the way and want to ball play. Kills the attack and is the guy who Brooks should be telling to pull his head in.
Geebs, I didn't see any of that yesterday. He was rucking it up.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."