Class is class

Icon

Re: Class is class

Post by Icon » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:43 am

I haven't read through this whole thread, so i'm sorry if said before, but Farah is the difference, if he had been in the team from round one, we would have won more than half the games we lost by 6.

Post by 2041 » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:32 am

Marshall was signed as backup half and has ended up playing most of the season because Reynolds can't get fit.

Farah was signed when it became clear that Liddle isn't (yet) physically up to being starting hooker at NRL level.

Both players were well aware of the circumstances under which they signed.

Personally I don't have any issue with either or both of them being offered similar deals for next year, other than the need to confirm to Farah before he signs that Liddle will, if fit, be number one and he'll be off the bench/backup (at his age and with his experience I don't care if he doesn't want to play reggies, provided it's all agreed upfront).

Put it this way: given the choice between Marshall and one of the nuffie backup halves we've run out over the past few years I'd rather have Marshall. And given the choice between Farah and some kind of McIlwrick/ET bodge job solution I'd rather have Farah. They both look like damn good backup options to me.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:33 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:36 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:18 pm

That is a point I agree with.

Farah is playing his natural game which is to our benefit.

And if Brooks feels pushed to the corner its more to do with why after 100 games people are still not convinced by him.

If he loses his voice thats something he needs to address to be a better and more dominant, commanding player.
I don't want to get into a Benji / Robbie thing

But Benji and Robbie haven't trusted any of our options for 12 years (Prince was gone in 2006 )and in the same sentence with such a brilliant 9 and 6 we haven't been able to attract one quality 7 in all those years

Yet we were able to attract top line players in so many other positions Ellis , Tuqiri , Keefy etc

You have to ask why ........
Its too late to ask that question. Cleary brought them back so now he has to run with them. He won't be able to change them.
But Robbie said himself he would do what's best for the team :?
He did Yesterday!!
If Brooks wants the bloody ball, wel it’s up to him to call it, if he doesn’t get it then it’s up to Ivan to do something about it,
Without Farah we most likely lose yesterday,
We actually looked like a football team yesterday, something we usually find it hard to do,
And some of you blokes do nothing but nit pic,

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:06 am

Eddie wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:40 pm
Good players demand the ball. I wish Brooks would do more of it. If Farah is pushing him around it says more about him for mine and where he is at after 100 games in the NRL. I thought the mix was fine today.We have had no threat out of 9 for 2 years - today our nine set up 3 tries and Brooks had his moments. We beat a good side on their home deck.
Don't think so, I think Mbye set up Thompson's try or at the very least Thompson set up his own try.

Farah set up 2 which were good tries. Let's take off the rose coloured glasses Eddie.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:08 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:33 am
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:52 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:45 pm

Stop Farah bashing !
Without him we lose today .
3,2 1

Farah
Mbye
Lawrence

Just think we will be better across the park if Brooks is in charge of our attack , not the 2018 version of Benji

Robbie will create so much more for Brooks , than he can for Benji

And in fact , it will help Benji , create some space for him when he is the secondary option where his passing game can be his strength , not running around in circles like a headless chook looking for the 2005 version of his speed to kick in
But Brooks’s hasn’t got it in him
Never has , never will :bash:

Benji will always be a headless chook
No matter what ....
3 more repeat sets and a kick that should have resulted in a TRY for Naiqama but lets ignore that...
Brooks was good yesterday , I’m not doubting that , but whoever he’s partnered with in the halves he’ll never be the dominant player .

It’s not in his DNA .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:09 am

Tigerstruck wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:07 pm
Robbie's definitely our best option at the moment, but I'm still not keen on him playing 2019, that would be really pushing it.
Once Liddle gets a full preseason behind him he should be set for a good 2019, but if he's not ready and we can't get a class hooker in over the offseason then I guess Robbie is our only option for next season
He'll be ready...

Created a club record (in any grade) on Saturday, 73 tackles from 77 and played 80 minutes.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:33 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:08 am
Demps wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:39 am
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:11 pm
Apart from his scoot from dummy half to try and score i thought he had a very good game
He loves em hey
Rarely pays off
Yes he does and that has always been my main criticism of him he overplays his hand to often
I dont think Farah is the only dummy half to try and score that close to the line - more like name the DH that doesnt.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:53 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:06 am
Eddie wrote:
Good players demand the ball. I wish Brooks would do more of it. If Farah is pushing him around it says more about him for mine and where he is at after 100 games in the NRL. I thought the mix was fine today.We have had no threat out of 9 for 2 years - today our nine set up 3 tries and Brooks had his moments. We beat a good side on their home deck.
Don't think so, I think Mbye set up Thompson's try or at the very least Thompson set up his own try.

Farah set up 2 which were good tries. Let's take off the rose coloured glasses Eddie.
Sorry my mistake.

Robbie subtle pass that totally fooled Frizzle only put Mbye through a huge gap on a 40 metre run.

Nothing to do with the try I suppose.

Thanks for clearing that up. Andrew Johns must have no idea what he was on about when dissecting that try.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:05 pm

Eddie wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:53 am
Russell wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Sorry my mistake.

Robbie subtle pass that totally fooled Frizzle only put Mbye through a huge gap on a 40 metre run.

Thanks for clearing that up. Andrew Johns must have no idea what he was on about when dissecting that try.
That was a pearler of a ball from Farah even fooled me watching the play unfold . He chose his runs well from dummy half .
We are paying bugger all for Farah so take that into consideration .

It's alright Russell not easy to give credit where it's due . Plenty competition for Presidency in the Farah bum hurt Club :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:07 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:05 pm
Eddie wrote:
Russell wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Sorry my mistake.

That was a pearler of a ball from Farah even fooled me watching the play unfold . He chose his runs well from dummy half .

It's alright Russell not easy to give credit where it's due . Plenty competition for Presidency in the Farah bum hurt Club :lol:
:lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:07 pm

Brooks involvement in that TRY should not go un mentioned...Bwaith said so..

It was class from Farah..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:14 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:05 pm
Eddie wrote:
Russell wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Sorry my mistake.

I gave credit where credit was due.

I am however not going to give credit where it is not due.

So, what are you talking about?????

Your telling me he set up Thompson's try - you, methinks would be the court jester as usual.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:15 pm

I thought ET looked good yesterday seems to be enjoying short flat balls off Farah.

zowieben

Post by zowieben » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:15 pm

Bring back Taylor and get rid of Farah. ;-}
Seriously, what a great game he had, we look so much better with him directing the team around the park. The only positive to come out of the whole sorry Taylor/Farah clash is that he is much cheaper! And can someone tell me why Graham wasn't penalised for leading with his head into the tackle (again) and taking Aloiai out for the rest of the game?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:18 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:33 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:36 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm

I don't want to get into a Benji / Robbie thing

But Benji and Robbie haven't trusted any of our options for 12 years (Prince was gone in 2006 )and in the same sentence with such a brilliant 9 and 6 we haven't been able to attract one quality 7 in all those years

Yet we were able to attract top line players in so many other positions Ellis , Tuqiri , Keefy etc

You have to ask why ........
Its too late to ask that question. Cleary brought them back so now he has to run with them. He won't be able to change them.
But Robbie said himself he would do what's best for the team :?
He did Yesterday!!
If Brooks wants the bloody ball, wel it’s up to him to call it, if he doesn’t get it then it’s up to Ivan to do something about it,
Without Farah we most likely lose yesterday,
We actually looked like a football team yesterday, something we usually find it hard to do,
And some of you blokes do nothing but nit pic,
What am I nitpicking about :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

I gave him the 3 points

Again I'm just saying the future is Brooks if Brooks call for its he gets it

Benji is the secondary player in this situation

Be interesting to see who had the most touches yesterday , Brooks or Marshall ??

My point is that ever since Marshall and Farah have been together after Prince left , no 7 has been a success

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:22 pm

Robert Lui went OK

And Moltz had a very very high win percentage at 7..till Sheenious had a bright idea 1 day and moved him..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:29 pm

Farah was head and shoulders the best player on the field yesterday. His pass to put Mbye away was sublime and his dummy and kick for the Nofualuma try were excellent. I have been a big critic of Robbie in the past due to his penchant to over play his hand and, also, his constant sniping away at coaching and management decisions. However, getting back to the point, the team looked more organised, settled and potent with the ball with him there. I hope this form, which reminded me of his younger days as an elite hooker, continues and that he is able control his natural ball hogging tendencies. If he does these two things, I think we are a shot to make the eight.
Last edited by stevied on Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:29 pm

The Wests Tigers had a great win yesterday...….I thought the whole TEAM did well....even though there was some of the usual errors....I enjoyed it...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D