Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:25 pm
Newtown wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:19 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:24 pm
bbobb wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:16 pm
We will miss Rowdy next week
Really big loss. Has been our best all year. Probably sees McQueen come in as well
Garner will play in Lawrence's position not McQueen.
I'm guessing Cheeky to start and Twal back onto the bench.

Chee doing a good job on the right too

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:25 am

TIGER wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:34 pm
I gave us a chance today, but if we played the Rabbits today we get smacked!

I don't give us a hope at all next week, our defense around the ruck at times today was weak as water.
Captain Cook will annihilate us.

The Dragons were way off today and still nearly pulled the rug out from under us.

Our forwards just won't be able to handle Souths and won't make a dent in attack.
I'm sorry but even though Packerlino went a little bit better today, they're just not going to be good enough, I actually thought we looked better when they were off the field.
We're not getting quantity or quality minutes from them.
Gotta remember they do the hard yards at start of the game. But agree packer in particular very loose in 2nd stint

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:44 am

Nelson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 1:30 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:02 pm
bbobb wrote:
Defensively we went backwards after Rowdy went off

We will miss Rowdy BIG TIME next week , maybe 3 -4 weeks unfortunately
He has made defensive errors leading to tries the last 2 games, both on halfbacks close to the line. Hunt this week and Ash Taylor at Leichhardt. His defense is generally very good but he's got some issues on the goal line...
Yeah I don't know why he even chased Hunt for , Brooks had him covered , if Rowdy stays in the line Hunt probably doesn't even run

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:45 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
happy tiger wrote:
bbobb wrote:

I didnt watch the full game but saw mcqueen tackle numbers were up there
In ISP , yeah I didn't watch it either ??

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:49 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:44 am
Nelson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
bbobb wrote:

He has made defensive errors leading to tries the last 2 games, both on halfbacks close to the line. Hunt this week and Ash Taylor at Leichhardt. His defense is generally very good but he's got some issues on the goal line...
Yeah I don't know why he even chased Hunt for , Brooks had him covered , if Rowdy stays in the line Hunt probably doesn't even run
Exactly what he did with the Ash Taylor try at Leichhardt...he's gotta learn from his mistakes and worry more about covering his own space in the line. There's a time for going in hard on the man with the ball but he's doing it when the ball carrier has too much depth. Anyway he's a hard worker, I'm sure he'll iron it out.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:45 am

matchball wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:13 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:47 pm
matchball wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:24 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 7:22 pm

The way you've been carrying on all arvo I'd have sworn you backed the drags
I was only critical of players. Still wanted to win like every week.
Stop confusing criticisms of players as wanting the team to lose.
It's misguided to say the least.
Sorry that the major Anti Farah rant that you had prepared if we lost, had to be torn up today.
It must have torn you apart to see that Farah was a big part of a win,

It’s makes you look a bit weird when you are Baking a player when the game is televised
And everyone else can see that you are just talking garbage, as the player is having a very good game , to say the least
Firstly. I have no rant prepared for a loss. Stop making stuff up.
I want our team to win and that happens if Farah succeeds. I just don't want him back in the team due to his personality. I have no doubt about his ability.

Secondly. I didnt watch the game on T.V. I listed to 2GB today. I'm based overseas and find it hard to find a station depending on my country at the time.
Tune in radio app is my saviour.

Go and take a valium and calm down. You're getting worked up for nothing. A random internet persons opinion shouldn't upset you this way.

Until next week.
I don’t believe it?..
You didn’t even see the game yourself? So you are purely echoing some commentators on a radio station
By the way , you dont upset me, especially after that. :lol:

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:49 am

Is Inglis still out? Bonus if so.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:44 am

TIGER wrote:

I don't give us a hope at all next week, our defense around the ruck at times today was weak as water.

The Dragons were way off today and still nearly pulled the rug out from under us.

Our forwards just won't be able to handle Souths and won't make a dent in attack.
I'm sorry but even though Packerlino went a little bit better today, they're just not going to be good enough, I actually thought we looked better when they were off the field.
What a great fan you are.

:bash

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:48 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:25 am
TIGER wrote:

Gotta remember they do the hard yards at start of the game. But agree packer in particular very loose in 2nd stint
For what? 20mins.
Then they rest for 50 then play another 20 or in Matulinos case 15.
And we play better when they're off.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:52 am

TIGER wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:48 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:25 am
TIGER wrote:

For what? 20mins.
Then they rest for 50 then play another 20 or in Matulinos case 15.
And we play better when they're off.
Do we?

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:58 am

Playing South's twice in the next few weeks....

Will be tough games.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:54 pm
If results go our way, we will only be 2 points out of the 8 with a pretty decent run home. How fast things change. Top 8 is still very realistic.
The two home games we lost to canberra and titans would bite us on the bum...would love those 4 points....souths are on a good run and have to lose one eventually i think it will be this week...we will miss rowdy but

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 3:56 pm

Having come down from yesterdays high, and being able to take the emotion out of it, its a safe bet Souths will be 10x the test Saints were. While we were courageous yesterday, Saints are on the slide. Souths will be the team everyone has to beat in September. On paper they will steamroll us. The only hope we could have is after 9 wins in a row they are complacent. If it comes down to them at their best vs us at ours, i don't think we have the class. Anyway, prove me wrong.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:24 pm

Defence is the only way for a victory against Souths a defensive side has to be named

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:00 pm

Nelson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:49 am
happy tiger wrote:
Nelson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Exactly what he did with the Ash Taylor try at Leichhardt...he's gotta learn from his mistakes and worry more about covering his own space in the line. There's a time for going in hard on the man with the ball but he's doing it when the ball carrier has too much depth. Anyway he's a hard worker, I'm sure he'll iron it out.
If his inside defender's were 2 steps closer to where they should of been hunt would of had no room

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:22 pm

Red88 Tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:00 pm
Nelson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Nelson wrote:

If his inside defender's were 2 steps closer to where they should of been hunt would of had no room
The inside defenders shouldn't have to be covering Hunt himself on the inside at all. If he was going to miss Hunt he needed to make sure he missed Hunt on his (Hunt's) inside shoulder and forced him to the outside so the inside defenders would have time to slide into the gap Lawrence created rushing out. They had no time to properly cover with Hunt given a run off his inside shoulder. That try was on Lawrence.

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:34 pm

Nelson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:22 pm
Red88 Tiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:00 pm
Nelson wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

The inside defenders shouldn't have to be covering Hunt himself on the inside at all. If he was going to miss Hunt he needed to make sure he missed Hunt on his (Hunt's) inside shoulder and forced him to the outside so the inside defenders would have time to slide into the gap Lawrence created rushing out. They had no time to properly cover with Hunt given a run off his inside shoulder. That try was on Lawrence.
I do get rowdy rushed up. I've only watched it once but my opinion at the time was that the inside defender's were lazy especially in relation to the outside defenders. Imo pushing up to cover the inside good practice