Could Have Been Killed By the Refs Again...

stevied

Could Have Been Killed By the Refs Again...

Post by stevied » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:28 am

It was a fantastic win against all odds and what I'm about to say will be branded negative or nit picking by some but....

We could have been killed by the refs again....

1. We should have been leading 12-6 at half time if a brilliant and fair try set up my Marshall had been given.
2. We should have been in front 24-6 if it weren't for the double knock on call when Nofualuma streaked away to score following a Kurt Mann knock on.
3. Was Widdop off side before regaining the kick?

Other than the three incidents mentioned, the officials did a good job with a low penalty count keeping the game flowing. However, if we hadn't built such a big lead it could have ended in tears. It's hard not to think that the refs have the flash thought, 'it's only the struggling Tigers and it won't matter'. Besides the bum calls for the Tigers, the game simply doesn't need these types of mistakes. The pass by Marshall was top class and should have been rewarded as such.
Last edited by stevied on Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:34 am

Forward pass looked okay to me but it was very flat so a bit of bad luck there.

Double knock on was the right call. Dragons knock on and the Tiger knocked it back into him before regathering and setting up the play.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:39 am

stevied wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:28 am
It was a fantastic win against all odds and what I'm about to say will be branded negative or nit picking by some but....

1. We should have been leading 12-6 at half time if a brilliant and fair try set up my Marshall had been given.
2. We should have been in front 24-6 if it weren't for the double knock on call when Nofualuma streaked away to score following a Kurt Mann knock on.

Other than the two incidents mentioned, the officials did a good job with a low penalty count keeping the game flowing. However, if we hadn't built such a big lead it could have ended in tears. It's hard not to think that the refs have the flash thought, 'it's only the struggling Tigers and it won't matter'. Besides the bum calls for the Tigers, the game simply doesn't need these types of mistakes. The pass by Marshall was top class and should have been rewarded as such.
The 2nd decision was correct the first one was terrible even a tigers hater in Anasta said it was a fair pass from Benji.
Until the day i die i will believe that teams are refereed differently and if your club is not one of the "chosen" you will get more bad decisions go against you.Some of the decisions against the "battling" clubs this year have been nothing short of criminal

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:44 am

We got away with a million forward passes during that game, but the only one that mattered was pulled up. Apart from that, it was probably the most fairly refereed game I've seen all year, especially with us involved and playing a top side! Saints got their fair share of dodgy calls also. One of our blokes played the ball sideways at one point in the second half and the refs totally ignored it. I was amazed!

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:44 am

Think chee needed to get him self back behind marshall a bit.
The ball was flat but because chee got himself a bit in front of marshall called forward.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:44 am

What about Widdop being offside....

The KFC quota must have been done for the day....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:50 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:34 am
Forward pass looked okay to me but it was very flat so a bit of bad luck there.

Double knock on was the right call. Dragons knock on and the Tiger knocked it back into him before regathering and setting up the play.
Thanks Chicken. They didn't go back and replay the double knock on and I based my call on Warren's commentary comment that he didn't know where the Tigers knock on was.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:51 am

I was OK with the Marshall pass being called. Thought it looked forward at the time and the refs only have one opportunity to call it.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:52 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:44 am

Ref didnt even send it to the bunker and he did look offside.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:54 am

Geo. wrote:

Yes -rare for a ref not to check that the tty scorer was behind the kicker.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:54 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
We got away with a million forward passes during that game, but the only one that mattered was pulled up. Apart from that, it was probably the most fairly refereed game I've seen all year, especially with us involved and playing a top side! Saints got their fair share of dodgy calls also. One of our blokes played the ball sideways at one point in the second half and the refs totally ignored it. I was amazed!
Yes, to be totally honest, despite the positives of a low penalty count, the game was probably under officiated and could have done with one or two more penalties. I thought Saints were constantly off side following changeovers in our end but that could be my gold and black eyes shining brightly.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:56 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:39 am
stevied wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:28 am

Other than the two incidents mentioned, the officials did a good job with a low penalty count keeping the game flowing. However, if we hadn't built such a big lead it could have ended in tears. It's hard not to think that the refs have the flash thought, 'it's only the struggling Tigers and it won't matter'. Besides the bum calls for the Tigers, the game simply doesn't need these types of mistakes. The pass by Marshall was top class and should have been rewarded as such.
The 2nd decision was correct the first one was terrible even a tigers hater in Anasta said it was a fair pass from Benji.
Until the day i die i will believe that teams are refereed differently and if your club is not one of the "chosen" you will get more bad decisions go against you.Some of the decisions against the "battling" clubs this year have been nothing short of criminal
I agree with you Jad and it's a blight on the game.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:31 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
I'm pretty sure that was nofo and it was ao obvious

Dogded a bullet there

Could easily of been a crucial penalty against us

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:32 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:52 am
Geo. wrote:

Ref didnt even send it to the bunker and he did look offside.
Should've been sent to video ref

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:28 am

Geo. wrote:

Nah he was onside

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:31 am

the thing that irked me most about the Marshall forward pass was the touchie right inline with it said it was fine. The ref who was 10m infront called it forward

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:46 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Geo. wrote:

Nah he was onside
Not according to my freeze frame IQ bunker..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 9:49 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Think chee needed to get him self back behind marshall a bit.
The ball was flat but because chee got himself a bit in front of marshall called forward.
Didn't help that in the contact Marshall went backwards either