Farah won't feel guilty if Wests Tigers upset Rabbitohs

Tiger_Fan18

Farah won't feel guilty if Wests Tigers upset Rabbitohs

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:43 am

Robbie Farah was the last player at ANZ Stadium after the Rabbitohs knocked over the Eels a month ago.

He was waiting around nervously to speak with coach Anthony Seibold, knowing a story linking him with a return to the Wests Tigers was about to appear on the back page of The Sydney Morning Herald the next day. "I started getting a few texts that the rumour was getting out," Farah said leading into his first match against the Rabbitohs this Saturday at the same venue. "It was in the middle of that Thursday night game against Parra and I was concerned because I didn't want Seebs to hear it from anyone else. So I waited around after the game and had a chat with him in the sheds. I was really nervous about it.

"I formed a pretty good relationship with Seebs in his time there. We had a really honest and up-front relationship. Part of me felt that by leaving or asking to leave I let him down." At the time, nothing had been finalised. Farah didn't even know if the Tigers would offer him a contract.

Farah, who will play his 250th game for the Wests Tigers this week, wasn't sure what reaction Seibold would have when told about his meeting with Ivan Cleary.

"He appreciated me telling him face to face," Farah said.

"He just reiterated to me that he gave me his word at the start of the year and I still had his blessing to leave. He thought it would be good for me. We had a discussion early in the year about it. He knew I found myself in tough position being stuck there behind Cooky (Damien Cook) in reserve grade. "No one wants to finish their career fizzling out in reserve grade. They knew how proud and competitive I am as a person.

"He told me he wouldn't stand in my way. He said if it was to be a back-up somewhere else he wouldn't let me go. But he still believed I was a regular NRL contributor and if that opportunity arose he wouldn't stand in my way. He understood the emotional attachment I had with the Tigers and I told him I wouldn't leave for any other club. He totally agreed and fully understood."
Good on ya Robbie
#onthebus

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:04 am

Why should he? I'm guessing this article was written by the rag

He is a tiger for life. PLlus I'm pretty positive souffs won't be too upset if they lost Saturday night. They'd still be 1st win or loss I'm pretty sure, such a shame for them?

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:34 am

duh?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:41 am

clifferdSH wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:04 am

He is a tiger for life. PLlus I'm pretty positive souffs won't be too upset if they lost Saturday night. They'd still be 1st win or loss I'm pretty sure, such a shame for them?
I could imagine the Burgess bros charging at him all evening just as Gallen did during SOO trying to break him. I can't think of anyone in our team with a bit of mongrel in them to fight back.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:54 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:41 am
clifferdSH wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:04 am

I could imagine the Burgess bros charging at him all evening just as Gallen did during SOO trying to break him. I can't think of anyone in our team with a bit of mongrel in them to fight back.
This should be where Packerlino earn their $$$ because if souffs bash us up the middle I have nightmares about what cook can do to us

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:35 pm

Nothing there we didn't already know about

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 2:41 pm

No doubt, once again the more fancied /favoured/ higher position team on the ladder will get plenty of help from, the ref's and the bunker during the game..

I won't feel one bit of guilt, if wests tigers beat souths on a 50/50 call to decide the game , which goes wests tigers way.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Post by 851 » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 2:41 pm
No doubt, once again the more fancied /favoured/ higher position team on the ladder will get plenty of help from, the ref's and the bunker during the game..

I won't feel one bit of guilt, if wests tigers beat souths on a 50/50 call to decide the game , which goes wests tigers way.
Me either, but I have never seen it before
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 7:10 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 2:41 pm

And we’ll complain even if they don’t.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 7:23 pm

He was waiting around nervously to speak with coach Anthony Seibold, knowing a story linking him with a return to the Wests Tigers was about to appear on the back page of The Sydney Morning Herald the next day.

Of course he was aware. His contacts leaked the story because (as per the other story to the media) he was looking at retirement if he had to go back to norths.

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm

More articles about nothing.
Just play and stay out of the media.
I've never seen a player have this many articles in a week.
Only people leaking his departure were his people, for publicity like this piece of fluff.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:59 pm

Amazing when you have a decent coach handling things in a mature way there is respect on both sides.

Shows why Souths are on the way up. They have quality people running their club that can man manage.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 1:19 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:59 pm
Amazing when you have a decent coach handling things in a mature way there is respect on both sides.

Shows why Souths are on the way up. They have quality people running their club that can man manage.
Huh?
The basic difference is that Souths are winning more games. Only a few months ago we were winning and our coach could do no wrong and our management were too notch too. Now everybody is boohooing because we’ve won 2 from 11 games.

Last year Souths were unravelling because since 2014 they have been going backwards. All of a sudden they have quality man managers? Please.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm

matchball wrote:
Thu 19 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm
Only people leaking his departure were his people, for publicity like this piece of fluff.
You dont think the media would be stalking Farah like paparazzis trying to get every bit of info out of him as possible?

I highly doubt Farah would be chasing the media around to make stories about him

matchball

Post by matchball » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 2:45 pm

clifferdSH wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm
matchball wrote:
You dont think the media would be stalking Farah like paparazzis trying to get every bit of info out of him as possible?

I highly doubt Farah would be chasing the media around to make stories about him
No. Not at all.
Better players manage to stay out of the media. He is hardly paparazzi worthy.
Even Seibold mentioned it twice.
Robbie can't stop talking to the media.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/20/sei ... -on-farah/

He wasn't so vocal when in reserve grade.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 3:37 pm

matchball wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 2:45 pm
clifferdSH wrote:
matchball wrote:

No. Not at all.

When deported to Reserve for the Tigers he was certainly vocal - giving Taylor a good earful about defence. He was very generous because he gave a few members of the Board an earful as well we are led to believe.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

matchball

Post by matchball » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 3:56 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 3:37 pm
matchball wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 2:45 pm
clifferdSH wrote:
matchball wrote:

No. Not at all.

When deported to Reserve for the Tigers he was certainly vocal - giving Taylor a good earful about defence. He was very generous because he gave a few members of the Board an earful as well we are led to believe.
Oh thats right.
Around the time he was saying Laurie Daley would pick him from reserve grade. Lol.
The ego is a little deflated since then.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 4:31 pm

#Mercenary
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.