Surprise of the night

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32712
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Surprise of the night

Post by willow » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm

For me the surprise of the night was Thompson't intercept try and the fact that Gagai couldn't run him down. Gagai is no slouch but little Thommo showed a clean pair of heels to keep him at bay.


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3456
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:46 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
For me the surprise of the night was Thompson't intercept try and the fact that Gagai couldn't run him down. Gagai is no slouch but little Thommo showed a clean pair of heels to keep him at bay.
Same with me.
Watching live I thought Gagai would run him down easily.
Got a lot more toe than I thought .

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:48 pm

Thought the same... Was a nice surprise

Very disappointed we let them score one

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:50 pm

Yep looked little they would get him for sure. Good game sense to jink in a little just as he was getting to him.

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:00 pm

Yes, he showed surprising pace over the distance and the late change in direction helped. I think these long range sprint and chases are interesting in that they don't necessarily reflect the true quickest runner. What I'm saying is that freshness, desire and self belief are all factors in deciding the winners in these foot races.


User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40174
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:05 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:50 pm
Yep looked little they would get him for sure. Good game sense to jink in a little just as he was getting to him.
Yeah he held his speed well and his Crazy Ivan was timed well

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40174
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:07 pm

Only conceding one try surprised me

When we got to 22-0 I said to the young fella at least we will still win 22-12 or 22-16

Especially when Farah went off

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:19 pm

I only gotta think about we
may possibly hold A team to 0 and then they usually score a cpl

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:24 pm

Hes a smart footy player (showed that again tonight) with good toe

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:35 pm

Was very surprised as well, I thought for sure that Gagai was gonna catch him, but that little jink he pulled off was gold.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28984
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 3:32 am

Who needs speed when you have a Thommo...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 5:19 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:19 pm
I only gotta think about we
may possibly hold A team to 0 and then they usually score a cpl
I think it was probably 20,000 'collective minds' thinking the same thing Ink.

User avatar
ryanda01
Member
Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun 28 Aug, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Beaches
Contact:

Post by ryanda01 » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 5:26 am

I’m most surprised the NRL FINALLY put a bloody microphone in the journo’s section of the pressers!!!!

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2874
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 5:56 am

Energizer bunny. Like the above, I thought he'd get run down but nup. I enjoyed watching that.
Re keeping the rabbits to 0, my kids didn't watch the game but checked up on the score from time to time. I announced the final score, my sons immediate reaction was, What we let them score a try?
"Quality Stupidity"

Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Onthebus » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 6:17 am

Corey has been outstanding for the Tigers this year

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 6:57 am

yeti wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 5:19 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:19 pm
I only gotta think about we
may possibly hold A team to 0 and then they usually score a cpl
I think it was probably 20,000 'collective minds' thinking the same thing Ink.
A few minutes before they scored I said to my mates. “I’m pretty sure Wests Tigers have never kept a team to zero” and sure enough they score.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21842
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 7:05 am

Probably our best signing. Besides one shocker against the Titans a few weeks ago, he’s been mr reliable. Don’t forget the match winning tackle he made on Dufty last week.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28984
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 7:05 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 6:57 am
yeti wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 5:19 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:19 pm
I only gotta think about we
may possibly hold A team to 0 and then they usually score a cpl
I think it was probably 20,000 'collective minds' thinking the same thing Ink.
A few minutes before they scored I said to my mates. “I’m pretty sure Wests Tigers have never kept a team to zero” and sure enough they score.

We have twice..Pamfers and Raiders...I thought of Ink last night..and yep Souff's scored.. :rant
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Post Reply