Player and team stats from tonight

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32696
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Player and team stats from tonight

Post by willow » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:55 pm

1. Mbye - 98 metres in attack, 1 try, 9 runs, 7 tackles

2. Nofoaluma - 99 metres in attack, 1 try, 13 runs, 6 tackles

3. Marsters - 120 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 try assist, 15 runs, 13 tackles

4. Naiqama - 150 metres in attack, 17 runs, 12 tackles

5. Thompson - 139 metres in attack, 1 try, 12 runs, 3 tackles

6. Marshall - 11 metres in attack, 1 run, 15 tackles, 172 kick metres

7. Brooks - 55 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 5 runs, 12 tackles, 302 kick metres

8. Packer - 67 metres in attack, 9 runs, 16 tackles

9. Farah - 18 metres in attack, 3 runs, 36 tackles, 38 kick metres

10. Matulino - 74 metres in attack, 9 runs, 28 tackles

11. Chee-Kam - 101 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 11 runs, 21 tackles

12. Aloiai - 86 metres in attack, 11 runs, 25 tackles

13. Taylor - 50 metres in attack, 5 runs, 38 tackles

14. Twal - 59 metres in attack, 7 runs, 15 tackles

15. Sue - 124 metres in attack, 12 runs, 25 tackles

16. Garner - 61 metres in attack, 6 runs, 17 tackles

17. Eisenhuth - 28 metres in attack, 4 runs, 27 tackles


Possession: 42%
Completion rate: 30/35 = 86%
All runs: 163 v 188
Post contact metres: 477 v 521
Line breaks: 5 v 3
Tackle breaks: 39 v 38
Av. set distance: 42.2m v 35.6m
Av. play the ball speed: 3.44s v 3.29s
Offloads: 9 v 10
Forced drop outs: 1 v 3 (one more for Brooks season leading tally)
Effective tackles: 87.5% v 85.3%
Ineffective tackles: 15 v 13
Penalties conceded: 12 v 6
Errors: 11 v 12


User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:59 pm

Good metres from Sue
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:03 pm

Just goes to show that some of those stats, players would have been crucified if we had lost, but today we did not give away nearly as much field position with unforced errors, and our defensive line worked as a team.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40123
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:03 pm

Do you realize we just beat the best attacking side in the comp by 16 when we only had 42 % possession

I'm Impressed

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:12 pm

One of those games where the stats didn't tell the story. The Tigers were well on top from start to finish.


User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:13 pm

We had 52% possession at half time from memory. Up against the rope in the 2nd half but defended really well. 8-1 penalties in 2nd half..
Last edited by Tweed Tiger on Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:14 pm

Finals or not, this year has been great. Such a pleasure to watch our team this year. Unfortunately that slump will cost us, but we have a good foundation of players with a great coach to go onto bigger and better things. Go the mighty tigers.

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:23 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:55 pm
1. Mbye - 98 metres in attack, 1 try, 9 runs, 7 tackles

2. Nofoaluma - 99 metres in attack, 1 try, 13 runs, 6 tackles

3. Marsters - 120 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 try assist, 15 runs, 13 tackles

4. Naiqama - 150 metres in attack, 17 runs, 12 tackles

5. Thompson - 139 metres in attack, 1 try, 12 runs, 3 tackles

6. Marshall - 11 metres in attack, 1 run, 15 tackles, 172 kick metres

7. Brooks - 55 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 5 runs, 12 tackles, 302 kick metres

8. Packer - 67 metres in attack, 9 runs, 16 tackles

9. Farah - 18 metres in attack, 3 runs, 36 tackles, 38 kick metres

10. Matulino - 74 metres in attack, 9 runs, 28 tackles

11. Chee-Kam - 101 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 11 runs, 21 tackles

12. Aloiai - 86 metres in attack, 11 runs, 25 tackles

13. Taylor - 50 metres in attack, 5 runs, 38 tackles

14. Twal - 59 metres in attack, 7 runs, 15 tackles

15. Sue - 124 metres in attack, 12 runs, 25 tackles

16. Garner - 61 metres in attack, 6 runs, 17 tackles

17. Eisenhuth - 28 metres in attack, 4 runs, 27 tackles


Possession: 42%
Completion rate: 30/35 = 86%
All runs: 163 v 188
Post contact metres: 477 v 521
Line breaks: 5 v 3
Tackle breaks: 39 v 38
Av. set distance: 42.2m v 35.6m
Av. play the ball speed: 3.44s v 3.29s
Offloads: 9 v 10
Forced drop outs: 1 v 3 (one more for Brooks season leading tally)
Effective tackles: 87.5% v 85.3%
Ineffective tackles: 15 v 13
Penalties conceded: 12 v 6
Errors: 11 v 12

Farah 3 runs for 18 metres.Hmmm surprising.Thought he was better.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2304
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:29 pm

Stats vs outcome? Easily our best game of the season, well done fellas!

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:42 pm

Packer 9 runs for 67 metres, he's getting worse I tell you, he is no longer that destructive front rower that he was last season. I have bigger wraps on guys like Sue, Twal and Grant to be honest.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

User avatar
dazza65
Member
Member
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by dazza65 » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:52 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:13 pm
We had 52% possession at half time from memory. Up against the rope in the 2nd half but defended really well. 8-1 penalties in 2nd half..
Which means we had only 32% possession in the second half - what an effort as we still won the second half 12-6

Impressive which ever way you want to slice and dice it
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:01 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:14 pm
Finals or not, this year has been great. Such a pleasure to watch our team this year. Unfortunately that slump will cost us, but we have a good foundation of players with a great coach to go onto bigger and better things. Go the mighty tigers.
Yep.It all has to do with attitude and one man.Ivan Cleary.With performances like that it improves our chances of nabbing Nathan too.

User avatar
dazza65
Member
Member
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by dazza65 » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:01 am

I like how Mbye is coming along.
Very safe under the ball, good defence and I really liked his try and support play - unfortunately something Tui lacked.
Think he will work out very nicely for us.
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:05 am

dazza65 wrote:
Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:01 am
I like how Mbye is coming along.
Very safe under the ball, good defence and I really liked his try and support play - unfortunately something Tui lacked.
Think he will work out very nicely for us.
If we had mbeye and Farah earlier we might even be top 4. Hilarious those posters who were comparing mbeye to lolohea saying there wasn’t much difference.

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 2013
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:09 am


hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat 04 Sep, 2010 2:03 am

Post by hodgo » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:28 am

joelw2002 wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:42 pm
Packer 9 runs for 67 metres, he's getting worse I tell you, he is no longer that destructive front rower that he was last season. I have bigger wraps on guys like Sue, Twal and Grant to be honest.
Man im sick of people bagging rhis bloke and mats. They work tirelessly off the ball and defend their asses off. Our structure is not based in the middle of the field.
Stats are what they are
But those boys make a diff imo

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 12:35 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:13 pm
We had 52% possession at half time from memory. Up against the rope in the 2nd half but defended really well. 8-1 penalties in 2nd half..
We barely had the ball in the last 10. There was one point where they got about 4 penalties in a row right at the death. Both of these would have blown out the possession & penalty stats, and had little impact as the game was well and truly over by that point. We dominated the first half and did enough in the next 20 to comfortably win the match.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7907
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 7:15 am

joelw2002 wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 11:42 pm
Packer 9 runs for 67 metres, he's getting worse I tell you, he is no longer that destructive front rower that he was last season. I have bigger wraps on guys like Sue, Twal and Grant to be honest.
He's not 100%
These stat's are very average.
Glad we won but this guy needs more input.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply