Humble Moses enjoying life at low-key Tigers

willow

Post by willow » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:01 am

By Christian Nicolussi
24 July 2018 — 6:00pm

The Wests Tigers are much smaller than Canterbury – and they are a club without egos.

Those were the two immediate observations Moses Mbye made about the Tigers as he prepares to face former employers the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Mbye has been fantastic in his first three games for the Tigers since he switched before June 30, despite feeling like an ''outcast'' after being one of the last on Ivan Cleary's bus.

Unlike Robbie Farah's input in the lead-up to the shock win against his former club, South Sydney, Mbye said he was unlikely to have any intel that would help sink Canterbury as the Tigers chase their third win to stay in touch with the top eight.

"Robbie was a huge help and his game plan really helped us expose Souths,'' Mbye said.

"For myself [this Friday], they deserve the respect of us turning up the way we need to turn up to beat them.

"It's been really good since I've been here. It's a lot different, and it's a different sort of club.

"Canterbury is a much bigger club with more personnel around.

"At the Tigers, it’s a club full of no egos. It feels like a group of mates, and you turn up each day and play and it's shown in the way they’ve been playing footy.

"They have beaten some top sides this year, and that comes down to efforts and working for each other.

"[No egos] was the first thing I noticed about the club. It was a big part of me coming here. It is a relatively new group. I felt like we could start something from scratch. I felt I was due for it and there was a need for it.

"I had some really good years at the Dogs. It’s a really good club and it was a home for me. I enjoyed my time there.

"I felt the Tigers was the right move for me and a big part of why was the culture, playing group and coaching staff. Everyone started together so we can build a group together and hopefully get good results.

"With a move, you’re nervous and a little bit anxious about what it’s going to be like, because you’re going into the unknown. I was more nervous turning up for my first day of training than I was for turning up for a game.

"You sort of feel like an outcast when you come into a playing squad that’s halfway through the year already.

"But I didn’t feel like that at all. All these boys made me feel right at home.''

One of the true gentlemen in the game, Mbye was never going to dump on Canterbury, especially with their salary-cap situation and the fact they are in a three-way dogfight for the wooden spoon.

"They are a quality side, and the games they’ve lost have been by two to six points,'' Mbye said.

"That’s what sort of club Canterbury is. We know we are going to have to play 80 minutes against them. They will turn up and will put some pressure on us.

"It will be an emotional game, but I have a job to do here. You have to try and put the emotion aside. It’s so common now. It’s one of these things that happen all the time. My focus is at the Tigers.

"We went through a lot at Canterbury. I won’t forget that . . . I’ve got a lot of respect for the club, but my focus is here now and we have a job to do.''

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:08 am

I know it is only a fluff piece but i do like his attitude.He didnt throw a bucket on the dogs when he was forced out and brings a positive outlook to our club.
Something that stain who went to the eels will never understand it is called class

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:51 am

Think I said it before, but we have had two Mose’s at our club in recent time. One was a over rated footballer, with a massive ego and a low human. The other is a very good footballer with no ego, great role model and a super good guy.

So pleased the first one decided he was better than our club and moved on

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:54 am

Was this article written before the clubs latest signing ... No EGOS did I read that quote right.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:58 am

Proving to be a great signing....big upside with MBYE...still only learning his trade at Fullback..

I think he will get better ...going good now...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:03 am

I had some doubts early on....he is proving to be a great purchase and a very good individual...he has my respect and support,as does the team and club...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:11 am

Looks to be a great buy who will only get better. Speaks well and is a respectful individual, ticking all the boxes we want at the club

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:25 am

Hes getting better each game

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:26 am

Sometimes it's a struggle on here telling which Moses is being spoken about. I like this method. You have Humble Moses and, you know, the total opposite.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:28 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:58 am
Proving to be a great signing....big upside with MBYE...still only learning his trade at Fullback..

I was sarcastically laughing my head off when I 1st read the title

Mitch Moses humble :roll :roll :roll :roll

Wondered what they thought the word "humble" meant

Play on , Moses has stepped into the line up like it was a stocking , playing well , will only get better when the combinations gel further

As for being humble , this describes the word beautifully , tear jerker of a song

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tim+mcgra ... a6557f9fa3

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:34 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:28 am
As for being humble , this describes the word beautifully , tear jerker of a song

Only Souths supporters use Bing, Happy.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:40 am

Masterton wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:34 am
happy tiger wrote:

Fair enough :oops:

really good song though

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:12 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:40 am
Masterton wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:34 am
happy tiger wrote:

Fair enough :oops:

really good song though
Be better if it had Faith in it😀

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:34 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Play on , Moses has stepped into the line up like it was a stocking , playing well , will only get better when the combinations gel further

If Humble and Kind is the song for Moses Mbye then this is surely the song to describe Slimey Mitchell Moses

Mitchell Moses - Oh Lord It's Hard to be Humble - Mac Davis
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way, I can't wait to look in the mirror cause I get better looking each day....
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:57 am

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:34 am
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

If Humble and Kind is the song for Moses Mbye then this is surely the song to describe Slimey Mitchell Moses

Mitchell Moses - Oh Lord It's Hard to be Humble - Mac Davis
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way, I can't wait to look in the mirror cause I get better looking each day....
One of my favourite songs PPM , suits me to a T as well :roll not

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:14 pm

I wonder what staff the Dogs have that we don't? How many physio, coaching staff etc do you need?

willow

Post by willow » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:47 pm

Quit spamming topics please guys

razzledazzle

Post by razzledazzle » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:57 pm

For a second (when I had only seen the title) I thought this was an article about Mitch Moses enjoying humble pie at the Eels