Live game thread v Knights, *spoilers*

GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Live game thread v Knights, *spoilers*

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm

Megan Barnard how callous are you, Benji clearly needed a hug after your interview!


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:21 pm
Ok so now that that is over who is paying the touch judges?

Its beyond normal comprehension that a human being could accidentally miss that many forward passes
I have no idea what they do. How about Thompson’s no-try. His foot was clearly on the line (unfortunately), linesman had a birds eye view yet they still go to the bunker?

Might be a good career move just for the upcoming redundancy payment

Yeah too easy, just claim post traumatic stress from the death threats and put your feet up for the next twenty years
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:09 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:07 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:02 pm
I got a good feeling against Wicky....
I’m thinking same but need tonight’s injured players to be ok - especially Marshall
Don't think Benji's head was in that game...
Same as last week.

Admirable but not really needed when you have a 30 man squad.
You’re not seriously going to suggest Gamble should be there are you?
If Marshall is out next week I’d take Liddle to hooker and Farah to the halves OR lolohere to 5/8 before I’d even consider Gamble
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29367
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:32 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:02 pm
I got a good feeling against Wicky....
Why was Taylor put on report ?
Attempted trip..stuck a leg out when Pongo scored..It's a fine these days..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:33 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:09 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:07 pm


I’m thinking same but need tonight’s injured players to be ok - especially Marshall
Don't think Benji's head was in that game...
Same as last week.

Admirable but not really needed when you have a 30 man squad.
You’re not seriously going to suggest Gamble should be there are you?
If Marshall is out next week I’d take Liddle to hooker and Farah to the halves OR lolohere to 5/8 before I’d even consider Gamble
Was waiting for it, you beat Demps to it.

No thats not what im saying AT ALL.

Just saying benji should not have played.

if our only other option is Gamble we are screwed
Its an opinion!


User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:35 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:02 pm
I got a good feeling against Wicky....
Why was Taylor put on report ?
Tripping
Go hard or go home

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:35 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:32 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:02 pm
I got a good feeling against Wicky....
Why was Taylor put on report ?
Attempted trip..stuck a leg out when Pongo scored..It's a fine these days..

Shame, would rather see McQueen or someone get a run.

Taylor is Thurston in a 13 jersey
Its an opinion!

BalmainJnr
Member
Member
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue 24 May, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by BalmainJnr » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:35 pm

Apparently Faz now has the most tries scored by a hooker in NRL history.
Last edited by BalmainJnr on Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:35 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:09 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:07 pm


I’m thinking same but need tonight’s injured players to be ok - especially Marshall
Don't think Benji's head was in that game...
Same as last week.

Admirable but not really needed when you have a 30 man squad.
You’re not seriously going to suggest Gamble should be there are you?
If Marshall is out next week I’d take Liddle to hooker and Farah to the halves OR lolohere to 5/8 before I’d even consider Gamble
If we don't get Cleary next year, Robbie could be a great five-eighth option. Depending on Liddle's fitness and Reynolds fitness of course, but he could really play a sensational Jason Smith style game. Robbie's short kicking game is best in the club imo.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:38 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:33 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:09 pm


Don't think Benji's head was in that game...
Same as last week.

Admirable but not really needed when you have a 30 man squad.
You’re not seriously going to suggest Gamble should be there are you?
If Marshall is out next week I’d take Liddle to hooker and Farah to the halves OR lolohere to 5/8 before I’d even consider Gamble
Was waiting for it, you beat Demps to it.

No thats not what im saying AT ALL.

Just saying benji should not have played.

if our only other option is Gamble we are screwed
Haha!! Glad I could oblige!

So who should have played? I can’t see any other viable option at the moment
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:40 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:26 pm
I'm glad as anything that we won, we were the better team, we deserved the win, but fair dinkum, tell me again that the refs aren't following orders to make it a spectacle as they favour one team over the other. We had no penalties in the second half, that does not happen by accident, until the 70 something minute when we were finally looking dangerous and possibly about to score through Liddle and then the ref stops us and gives us a penalty!

The Guerra try was off a pass that looked forward (one of many) and we had a player that looked like he was obstructed. But no checking, just award the try.

Ever heard the expression where there's smoke there's fire? Well consider that before again going to the ref's defence. It reminds me of WWF, all being completely scripted, and the refs have been caught on audio before saying we need to give some penalties to this team to even up the count so don't tell me it isn't a deliberate decision. I can picture the refs lining up WW2 style like German generals, all saying "I was only following orders..."

Truth be told, as I live in Canberra, I'm terrified of next week. Please please please stand up and get the win. A single point will do.
Ummm we got four penalties right in front of the sticks for eight points in that match tonight and you guys are still whinging about the refs? :brick:

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:42 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:32 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:02 pm
I got a good feeling against Wicky....
Why was Taylor put on report ?
Attempted trip..stuck a leg out when Pongo scored..It's a fine these days..
Thx ...
Get Rex to cough up for that one !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:33 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm


Same as last week.

Admirable but not really needed when you have a 30 man squad.
You’re not seriously going to suggest Gamble should be there are you?
If Marshall is out next week I’d take Liddle to hooker and Farah to the halves OR lolohere to 5/8 before I’d even consider Gamble
Was waiting for it, you beat Demps to it.

No thats not what im saying AT ALL.

Just saying benji should not have played.

if our only other option is Gamble we are screwed
Haha!! Glad I could oblige!

So who should have played? I can’t see any other viable option at the moment

Yeah the cupboard is bare. My point is more about Benji though.
Its an opinion!

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:02 pm
I got a good feeling against Wicky....
Why was Taylor put on report ?
For potential tripping. If found guilty, there's a massive $1,400 fine, with no weeks suspension. Meh.
Cheers

I need to stay of the forum and watch the game more !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:48 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:40 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:26 pm
I'm glad as anything that we won, we were the better team, we deserved the win, but fair dinkum, tell me again that the refs aren't following orders to make it a spectacle as they favour one team over the other. We had no penalties in the second half, that does not happen by accident, until the 70 something minute when we were finally looking dangerous and possibly about to score through Liddle and then the ref stops us and gives us a penalty!

The Guerra try was off a pass that looked forward (one of many) and we had a player that looked like he was obstructed. But no checking, just award the try.

Ever heard the expression where there's smoke there's fire? Well consider that before again going to the ref's defence. It reminds me of WWF, all being completely scripted, and the refs have been caught on audio before saying we need to give some penalties to this team to even up the count so don't tell me it isn't a deliberate decision. I can picture the refs lining up WW2 style like German generals, all saying "I was only following orders..."

Truth be told, as I live in Canberra, I'm terrified of next week. Please please please stand up and get the win. A single point will do.
Ummm we got four penalties right in front of the sticks for eight points in that match tonight and you guys are still whinging about the refs? :brick:
Three of those were In the first half. when it was even, and only the last was in the second half when we were looking dangerous to score a try.

I just want to see our team compete, I invest so much into our team, I have for years, and the notion that it may not be a level playing field is hard to take. It was a very good win, solid, against adversity, some things just occur too often to be coincidental.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

User avatar
Moh
Member
Member
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Post by Moh » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:33 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm

You’re not seriously going to suggest Gamble should be there are you?
If Marshall is out next week I’d take Liddle to hooker and Farah to the halves OR lolohere to 5/8 before I’d even consider Gamble
Was waiting for it, you beat Demps to it.

No thats not what im saying AT ALL.

Just saying benji should not have played.

if our only other option is Gamble we are screwed
Haha!! Glad I could oblige!

So who should have played? I can’t see any other viable option at the moment

Yeah the cupboard is bare. My point is more about Benji though.
Lets not forget that Tui's best position is 5/8. I know it's hard to fathom having him back in first-grade after his bludger of a season at fullback, but he goes alright at 5/8... when he's not kicking for himself.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm

BalmainJnr wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:35 pm
Apparently Faz now has the most tries scored by a hooker in NRL history.
Imagine if Smith was about to achieve this, would of probably had another testimonial game :lol:

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:55 pm

Moh wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:33 pm


Was waiting for it, you beat Demps to it.

No thats not what im saying AT ALL.

Just saying benji should not have played.

if our only other option is Gamble we are screwed
Haha!! Glad I could oblige!

So who should have played? I can’t see any other viable option at the moment

Yeah the cupboard is bare. My point is more about Benji though.
Lets not forget that Tui's best position is 5/8. I know it's hard to fathom having him back in first-grade after his bludger of a season at fullback, but he goes alright at 5/8... when he's not kicking for himself.
The guy has vanished. Disappeared off the map. Can he even walk let along run and play NRL
Its an opinion!

Post Reply