Re: Live game thread v Knights, *spoilers*

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:58 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:48 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:40 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:26 pm
I'm glad as anything that we won, we were the better team, we deserved the win, but fair dinkum, tell me again that the refs aren't following orders to make it a spectacle as they favour one team over the other. We had no penalties in the second half, that does not happen by accident, until the 70 something minute when we were finally looking dangerous and possibly about to score through Liddle and then the ref stops us and gives us a penalty!

The Guerra try was off a pass that looked forward (one of many) and we had a player that looked like he was obstructed. But no checking, just award the try.

Ever heard the expression where there's smoke there's fire? Well consider that before again going to the ref's defence. It reminds me of WWF, all being completely scripted, and the refs have been caught on audio before saying we need to give some penalties to this team to even up the count so don't tell me it isn't a deliberate decision. I can picture the refs lining up WW2 style like German generals, all saying "I was only following orders..."

Truth be told, as I live in Canberra, I'm terrified of next week. Please please please stand up and get the win. A single point will do.
Ummm we got four penalties right in front of the sticks for eight points in that match tonight and you guys are still whinging about the refs? :brick:
Three of those were In the first half. when it was even, and only the last was in the second half when we were looking dangerous to score a try.

I just want to see our team compete, I invest so much into our team, I have for years, and the notion that it may not be a level playing field is hard to take. It was a very good win, solid, against adversity, some things just occur too often to be coincidental.
Yeah look I agree with you for the most part, I've been banging on about the refs all year, but 4 penalty goals within easy kicking range is a pretty good leg up for any team, no matter when they were given, and definitely the first time we've gotten that advantage this season!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:58 pm

Benji should play next week unless he is injured which he looked to be. Give the bloke a break in hindsight maybe he should of had a week off. But that's easy to say after the game.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:58 pm

Why was that guy on here supporting the Knights earlier?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:01 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:58 pm
Dementia

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:01 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Dementia
Some people want to see the house burn so it can hide their saltiness.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:
I'm glad as anything that we won, we were the better team, we deserved the win, but fair dinkum, tell me again that the refs aren't following orders to make it a spectacle as they favour one team over the other. We had no penalties in the second half, that does not happen by accident, until the 70 something minute when we were finally looking dangerous and possibly about to score through Liddle and then the ref stops us and gives us a penalty!

The Guerra try was off a pass that looked forward (one of many) and we had a player that looked like he was obstructed. But no checking, just award the try.

Ever heard the expression where there's smoke there's fire? Well consider that before again going to the ref's defence. It reminds me of WWF, all being completely scripted, and the refs have been caught on audio before saying we need to give some penalties to this team to even up the count so don't tell me it isn't a deliberate decision. I can picture the refs lining up WW2 style like German generals, all saying "I was only following orders..."

Truth be told, as I live in Canberra, I'm terrified of next week. Please please please stand up and get the win. A single point will do.
Ummm we got four penalties right in front of the sticks for eight points in that match tonight and you guys are still whinging about the refs? :brick:
Three of those were In the first half. when it was even, and only the last was in the second half when we were looking dangerous to score a try.

I just want to see our team compete, I invest so much into our team, I have for years, and the notion that it may not be a level playing field is hard to take. It was a very good win, solid, against adversity, some things just occur too often to be coincidental.
Yeah look I agree with you for the most part, I've been banging on about the refs all year, but 4 penalty goals within easy kicking range is a pretty good leg up for any team, no matter when they were given, and definitely the first time we've gotten that advantage this season!
True mate, good point. And it was certainly awesome to see our team stand up and repel the Knights when times looked tough. 3 tries a piece just was not an indication of how much we owned them I thought.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

BalmainJnr

Post by BalmainJnr » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:21 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm
BalmainJnr wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:35 pm
Apparently Faz now has the most tries scored by a hooker in NRL history.
Imagine if Smith was about to achieve this, would of probably had another testimonial game :lol:
Lol at the very least a new Jetski and 40 hours of pre-game TV promotion.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:21 pm

WswWt wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 7:23 pm
Ken Sio will score the match winner... mark my word
Nope.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:23 pm

old boy wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 7:36 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 7:35 pm
This is the set .....
Finish em !
love your comedy work mate. tigers havent put a team to the sword since 91'
Manly Rd 6 2018???

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:30 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:16 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

True mate, good point. And it was certainly awesome to see our team stand up and repel the Knights when times looked tough. 3 tries a piece just was not an indication of how much we owned them I thought.
Definitely should've won by a lot more that's for sure, but that's all on us. I can't remember the last time we actually put a team away comfortably. It just seems to be an impossibility for us to thrash anyone!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:00 pm

See post above yours Spud

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:27 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:

And the last one put the game out of reach. If Liddle doesn’t score Newcastle could run down the field and score and have a shot at a field goal to tie the game in the next set. The penalty allowed the clock to run down and us to get an unassailable lead.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:00 pm
Also Souths 2 weeks ago - comprehensive win over what is still a top-ranked side.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:41 pm

25-16

So close to that magic score line.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:27 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:

And the last one put the game out of reach. If Liddle doesn’t score Newcastle could run down the field and score and have a shot at a field goal to tie the game in the next set. The penalty allowed the clock to run down and us to get an unassailable lead.
But the whistle should not have been blown until our advantage was exhausted, which could well have resulted in a try. Only after the play breaks down is the penalty to be awarded.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:21 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:00 pm
Yeah they played awesome for 40 minutes, but still didn't really go on with it in the second half. And let's face it Manly were an off field soap opera the week leading into that game.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:31 pm

You just can't please some people.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:31 pm

You just can't please some people.