Luke Brooks

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29347
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Luke Brooks

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm

Think he needs his own thread after tonight..people are critical of his game management ..I've seen it said he doesn't have it and never will ..just looking at his raw stats..

1 TRY
1 TRY-Assist
1 Field Goal
1 Line Break
2 Line Break Assists
7 Tackle Breaks
18 Tackles
4 missed
1 Off load
1 error
97 run metres
223 kick metres
1 repeat set

There was also a time we were under the pump ..Brooks found the sideline 10m out from the Knights line another time shortly after had Pongo taking it out from the same corner.. and late in the game rather than going for a pass or kick on the last at the risk of giving up a 7 tackle set he took the tackle 15m out down a short side so the Knights had to dig it out from their end..

Now I don't know what more he could do in managing a game whatever that is..

Well played Luke..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..


User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5611
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:56 pm

He is the most improved defensive player in the NRL.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1291
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:57 pm

100%, he was brilliant tonight. In fact he’s been great all year.

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3858
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:58 pm

Really stood up and delivered tonight. Well played, Brooks.
No more plodders!
:sign:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4051
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:02 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm
Think he needs his own thread after tonight..people are critical of his game management ..I've seen it said he doesn't have it and never will ..just looking at his raw stats..

1 TRY
1 TRY-Assist
1 Field Goal
1 Line Break
2 Line Break Assists
7 Tackle Breaks
18 Tackles
4 missed
1 Off load
1 error
97 run metres
223 kick metres
1 repeat set

There was also a time we were under the pump ..Brooks found the sideline 10m out from the Knights line another time shortly after had Pongo taking it out from the same corner.. and late in the game rather than going for a pass or kick on the last at the risk of giving up a 7 tackle set he took the tackle 15m out down a short side so the Knights had to dig it out from their end..

Now I don't know what more he could do in managing a game whatever that is..

Well played Luke..
And here I was hoping for another Nathan thread. Disappointing.


User avatar
beachtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:12 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Post by beachtiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:03 pm

Really feel the young fella is finally turning into a first grade player and starting to fulfill his potential. Still developing his arsenal of skills and probably taken longer than we’d have hoped but he is a keeper.

I’m sure there will still be games where we question him but so happy to see him take it to another level.

Well done Brooks!!

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:04 pm

Another great performance like it was mentioned in the game thread he would have to be doing well in the Dally m's this season.


Could make a good highlight reel of just Brooks putting hits on big players this year. Love it

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:05 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:57 pm
100%, he was brilliant tonight. In fact he’s been great all year.
Yep. We have to try and keep him at the club.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3358
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:05 pm

Ivans coaching and not having moses stuffing him up is working wonders

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:09 pm

He was our best tonight by far .
Defence is 2nd to none ....

If I was to be a bit critical , his attack tonight was a bit erratic.
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6035
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:14 pm

One of his better games for sure. It seems to me that the more he runs for himself, the better his performance becomes.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22427
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm

Tonight proved how good he is when he takes the line on. Doesn’t do it enough.

tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:09 pm
He was our best tonight by far .
Defence is 2nd to none ....

If I was to be a bit critical , his attack tonight was a bit erratic.
I’m with you. Several times during every game he’ll cut back in and look a bit like a headless crook. Defensively he was outstanding, 2018 is definitely his most consistent season. His kicking game is far superior to Benjis.

tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm

Chook.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:25 pm

My Knights supporting mate thinks that Tohu Harris has more half skills then brooks.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:25 pm

Lawrence is always first picked. Brooks now first back picked.
Upgrade him - 4 years
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:29 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
Chook.
That’s stupid,
You can’t have two left side players in the one team. Keary and Brooks would be disastrous.

Best individual performance from him this year I think.
His definitely moved closer to the ball in these last few games, playing the full width of the field and finding space back inside him.
Just when you were getting used to him being a kicking and passing robot on the left. He goes and puts a game together like that.
Definitely benefiting from Robbie managing the 1st 3-4 tackles of each set.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:31 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
Chook.
Sorry I re read the whole post,
Talk about going off half cocked...

Post Reply