tiga4eva wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 9:15 pm
Chook.
Sorry I re read the whole post,
Talk about going off half cocked...

Hahahahahaha

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 5:25 pm

3 into 2 WONT go when Cleary is wanting a mill,Reynolds is on 750,and Brooks currently 550(and will want more if he stays)...too much $$$ in the halves.
Dogs wont want Reynolds back unless heavily subsidesed,as they have Foran on a mill and mini me Lewis who looks quite the prospect..
Think its gonna be an either/or between Brooks and Cleary..
As for Gus' willingness to let Cleary go,he may have an even better prospect in the wings who will cost less than half a Cleary...so he can afford to be benevolent.Always an agenda with Gould,and totally self serving

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 5:56 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm
Think he needs his own thread after tonight..people are critical of his game management ..I've seen it said he doesn't have it and never will ..just looking at his raw stats..

1 TRY
1 TRY-Assist
1 Field Goal
1 Line Break
2 Line Break Assists
7 Tackle Breaks
18 Tackles
4 missed
1 Off load
1 error
97 run metres
223 kick metres
1 repeat set

There was also a time we were under the pump ..Brooks found the sideline 10m out from the Knights line another time shortly after had Pongo taking it out from the same corner.. and late in the game rather than going for a pass or kick on the last at the risk of giving up a 7 tackle set he took the tackle 15m out down a short side so the Knights had to dig it out from their end..

Now I don't know what more he could do in managing a game whatever that is..

Well played Luke..
And still some people on here say that he was crap last night. they need to go to Specsavers.
Luke has been our best and most consistent player all year.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm

One good game in 4 weeks from our halfback and people rave.
Come off it!!!

Brooks was good no doubt. But the simple equation is this:

Any fan who wants to keep Brooks at halfback = a fan who wants us to stay in the doldrums

There. I said it.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 7:22 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm
Come off it!!!

Any fan who wants to keep Brooks at halfback = a fan who wants us to stay in the doldrums

There. I said it.
Who else is there to play halfback?

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 7:22 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Come off it!!!

There. I said it.
Hardly the point. There are other halfbacks who are more consistent and NRL standard.

Brooks has one good game in a month and suddenly our own fans compare him ridiculously to Andrew Johns, or that he should play NSW, or that he is now clearly a running 5/8. And most offensively, they call for him to be our highest priority to keep.

I really really don't want to bag the guy after he has had one of his better games but it seems I am doing so. I just think we need to get real if we want to win and Brooks is not the answer. He's had his chance. I am over him. We should all be. I think he'd probably make a good hooker. But keeping him on in such a vital position is just a frustrating waste of time.

So, who else is there? Maybe no-one this year, but if the Chooks came knocking then I'd be ecstatic if he went there. Kill two birds that would. In fact I hope he does have a few good games and then maybe they will come calling. Maybe even that's Ivan's master plan to get Nathan here with the least collateral damage.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 8:53 pm

I thought he played very well against Souff's and the Dragons as well..and while off against the Dogs especially with his short kicking never stop trying but yeah whatever..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:26 pm

Big game....pat on the back to you Brooksie.... :sign:

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:36 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
bigsiro wrote:
Come off it!!!

There. I said it.
Hardly the point. There are other halfbacks who are more consistent and NRL standard.

Brooks has one good game in a month and suddenly our own fans compare him ridiculously to Andrew Johns, or that he should play NSW, or that he is now clearly a running 5/8. And most offensively, they call for him to be our highest priority to keep.

I really really don't want to bag the guy after he has had one of his better games but it seems I am doing so. I just think we need to get real if we want to win and Brooks is not the answer. He's had his chance. I am over him. We should all be. I think he'd probably make a good hooker. But keeping him on in such a vital position is just a frustrating waste of time.

So, who else is there? Maybe no-one this year, but if the Chooks came knocking then I'd be ecstatic if he went there. Kill two birds that would. In fact I hope he does have a few good games and then maybe they will come calling. Maybe even that's Ivan's master plan to get Nathan here with the least collateral damage.
Who at the WTs has been more consistent than Brooks?

By consistent , I’m mean consistently good,
in Ivan we distrust

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:43 pm

bigsiro wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
bigsiro wrote:
Come off it!!!

There. I said it.

Easy to throw stones - who are these other half backs that are available, that want to come to the Tigers and are better than Brooks?

No one - end of argument ..... the grass is always greener.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:45 pm

I'd say he played better than Cronk did tonight... Reckon he played better than every half so far this weekend bar reynolds... He's maturing and there ar emote good performances from him that average

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:52 pm

Something i wrote many moons ago - i was almost right :

by diedpretty » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 4:07 pm

I went to see the final - played in wet conditions but both sides handled it well - very tight for 15 minutes then the Catholics ripped CHS apart until about the final 10 minutes. Moses did a couple of good things was kept prett quiet for most of the game - the half Brooks was outstanding - I was surprised how slight Moses was whereas Brooks is built like your typical nuggety half ala Matt Orford - hope the Tigers hang on to this kid - these two could be the next generation halves for the Tigers

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 10:05 pm

Okay we had the Catholics, were there any team named Lions to even it up?

But excellent foresight by the way.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 10:39 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:36 pm
bigsiro wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
bigsiro wrote:
Come off it!!!

There. I said it.

I would say Lawrence but Brooks is on par or 2nd.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 11:49 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 10:39 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:36 pm
bigsiro wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I would say Lawrence but Brooks is on par or 2nd.
Thompson, Marsters.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 12:13 am

Brooks had a far superior game to Ash Taylor and Ben Hunt this weekend who both play behind arguably far superior packs. While he has still room for improvement the signs are there that give him something decent to play behind and he will deliver.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 12:56 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 8:53 pm
I thought he played very well against Souff's and the Dragons as well..and while off against the Dogs especially with his short kicking never stop trying but yeah whatever..
Agreed. How many times do you win (especially against top eight teams) and your halfback doesn’t play well? kind of goes with territory.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 5:02 am

bigsiro wrote:
Come off it!!!

There. I said it.
No use hiding the real facts Re Brooks .. how many final series have the Tigers played with Brooks at 7 . Obviously he is not the only problem but is a large part of it , this season alone could of won at least 3 games with a professional and commanding half . Come on fellas give it to me forwards blah blah etc etc . Facts are facts and the Tigers would be playing finals this season .