Luke Brooks

NT Tiger

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 6:12 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 8:53 pm
I thought he played very well against Souff's and the Dragons as well..and while off against the Dogs especially with his short kicking never stop trying but yeah whatever..
I can't remember where, but I read this week something from a dogs player that the dogs were specifically targeting Brooks in that game.
"Quality Stupidity"

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 7:49 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 5:02 am
bigsiro wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm
One good game in 4 weeks from our halfback and people rave.
Come off it!!!

Brooks was good no doubt. But the simple equation is this:

Any fan who wants to keep Brooks at halfback = a fan who wants us to stay in the doldrums

There. I said it.
No use hiding the real facts Re Brooks .. how many final series have the Tigers played with Brooks at 7 . Obviously he is not the only problem but is a large part of it , this season alone could of won at least 3 games with a professional and commanding half . Come on fellas give it to me forwards blah blah etc etc . Facts are facts and the Tigers would be playing finals this season .

You cant ignore the crap Brooks has had to endure playing for a club that has had a recent history of off field dramas apart from the defiencies of a less than ordinary squad and two coaches arguably out of their depth.
No teams that have off field dramas perform well, and Brooks improvement aligns with the first year of stability that we have had in a long time, and a decent coach.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 9:07 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:45 pm
I'd say he played better than Cronk did tonight... Reckon he played better than every half so far this weekend bar reynolds... He's maturing and there ar emote good performances from him that average
He looks like one of the better halves in the comp to me. The Dally M points show that as well. Yes he has had a couple of poor games but so has Maloney & Thurston & Cronk & Cleary.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 9:14 am

Earl wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 9:07 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 9:45 pm
I'd say he played better than Cronk did tonight... Reckon he played better than every half so far this weekend bar reynolds... He's maturing and there ar emote good performances from him that average
He looks like one of the better halves in the comp to me. The Dally M points show that as well. Yes he has had a couple of poor games but so has Maloney & Thurston & Cronk & Cleary.
Maloney's poor games are very poor too. Atleast Brooks doesnt throw intercept passes & a gazillion missed tackles

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 9:35 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 5:02 am
bigsiro wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm
One good game in 4 weeks from our halfback and people rave.
Come off it!!!

Brooks was good no doubt. But the simple equation is this:

Any fan who wants to keep Brooks at halfback = a fan who wants us to stay in the doldrums

There. I said it.
No use hiding the real facts Re Brooks .. how many final series have the Tigers played with Brooks at 7 . Obviously he is not the only problem but is a large part of it , this season alone could of won at least 3 games with a professional and commanding half . Come on fellas give it to me forwards blah blah etc etc . Facts are facts and the Tigers would be playing finals this season .
How many finals series did Tedesco play in at the tigers? He is obviously not up to NRL standard. Who else can we name that has failed to play finals football at the tigers?

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 10:39 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 12:13 am
Brooks had a far superior game to Ash Taylor and Ben Hunt this weekend who both play behind arguably far superior packs. While he has still room for improvement the signs are there that give him something decent to play behind and he will deliver.
Taylor and Hunt are myths. Can’t see what all the fuss is about - especially Taylor. Rarely takes the ball to the line
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 10:57 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 10:39 am
Telltails wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 12:13 am
Brooks had a far superior game to Ash Taylor and Ben Hunt this weekend who both play behind arguably far superior packs. While he has still room for improvement the signs are there that give him something decent to play behind and he will deliver.
Taylor and Hunt are myths. Can’t see what all the fuss is about - especially Taylor. Rarely takes the ball to the line
I'd say Taylor and Brooks are very similar.
Both have good games in them but simply aren't consistent.

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 9:30 am

Brooks is one of the better halves in the game. Was the best player the other night.

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 9:30 am

Brooks is one of the better halves in the game. Was the best player the other night.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 10:23 am

Jay wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 9:30 am
You can say that again.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 10:41 am

The thing is with Brooks this year especially is he is doing his job first.
When you talk about consistency most of you guys get disappointed when he pulls off his tricks some games and other games does not.
To me that is not a realistic expectation of a halve to have in the NRL.
Those trick plays come in different games in different situations and come off depending on the timing and the feeling in the game at the time.
Brooks has evolved his game from being a half that needs to pull out tricks to try and win a game to being a halfback that has a base of getting through the sets and kicking / tackling consistently well and focusing on the things he can control. I’m happy that this part of the game he is consistent in.
You could never expect a half to be consistent in pulling out flashy plays week in week out.
There’s a big difference to why Ash Taylor, Luke Brooks and Ben Hunt aren’t having as flashy seasons as their first in grade
Does anyone remember Jack Birds first season in the halves at the Sharks?
Teams research the player, defences are different week on week, oppositions have different strengths and weeknesses.
Brooks is no longer a project player for us, he is a dependable first grader and a very good one at that. Ivan Cleary was the best thing to happen to him. Whatever happens moving forwards I’m sure he will look back on these last 2 season as the ones he came of age and benefited the most from in his career.
#Extend Brooksy!

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 3:01 pm

Brooks has been our best player this year by quite a stretch. Anybody thinking we should get rid of him just as he's starting to come good has no idea.

Can somebody name me these halfbacks that are in abundance that are so much better than Brooks? Looking at the ladder I can only see arguments for Reynolds, Cleary and maybe Hunt?

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:30 pm

So, you have looked at the ladder, considered each team and halfback and you think Brooks is better only than Reynolds Cleary and Hunt??
Really? Not Cronk? Really? Not Shaun Johnson? Not Cherry Evans? Not even Thurston (on one leg)?
Really?
And you say WE have no idea.

This is precisely the kind of defense a Brooks supporter puts forward.
Reminds me of a South Park song about Josef Shmidt supporters.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:36 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:30 pm
So, you have looked at the ladder, considered each team and halfback and you think Brooks is better only than Reynolds Cleary and Hunt??
Really? Not Cronk? Really? Not Shaun Johnson? Not Cherry Evans? Not even Thurston (on one leg)?
Really?
And you say WE have no idea.

This is precisely the kind of defense a Brooks supporter puts forward.
Reminds me of a South Park song about Josef Shmidt supporters.
You'll never learn you simpleton.

Go have a look and see what odds Luke is to win the Dally M with 4 rounds to play.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:38 pm

Brooks $5.50 3rd in line behind Damien Cook $4.00
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:41 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:36 pm

You'll never learn you simpleton.

Go have a look and see what odds Luke is to win the Dally M with 4 rounds to play.
Cool. Name calling.
Another hallmark of a strong argument.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

will1999

Post by will1999 » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:41 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:38 pm
is this for Dally m

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm

will1999 wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:41 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 7:38 pm
is this for Dally m
Yes
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..