Blind Touchies

kingbrooks

Re: Blind Touchie's

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:05 pm

TSupps05 wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:48 pm
That call literally changed the game for them. If he called it i reckon we could have run away with the game
It didn't help that they then got 3 penalties in a row, ALL on the 5th tackle after we had defended our line.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:06 pm

18thman wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
lol..................We're all experts when we see the replay slowed down x20. They don't have the benefit of that so we need to cut them some slack when it comes to the really close calls. They were'nt exactly howlers like we've seen this year but I guess you can't please everybody.
BUt what is the bunker there for> I have seen them look at other 40/20 attempts during the season - why not this one. If they are not going to look at obvious blunders why have them.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:26 pm

Sorry Geo, Im a teacher and I can't help correcting your grammar. There is no apostrophe in touchies as the word you are trying to use is a plural for touchy, not an expression of possession.
But getting back to the thread, the 40/ 20 gaff was a howler. Disallowed Nofo tiry was dubious, especially when there were numerous Raiders forward passes in general play. Is it just me or do the oppositon seem to constantly get away with a few every game?
And what about the tackle above the horizontal that caused the gash in Farah's head?? Finally, what are people's read on the 5th tackle penalty against Marshall, following the covered up kick in front of our try line? Nit picking or what? It was certainly no worse than countless other encroachments and could have cost us the game, like all the other bum decisions. I've never known a Tigers team to rise above so much adversity, regarding officiating, in one season and it's a testimony to their resolve.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm

stevied wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:26 pm
Sorry Geo, Im a teacher and I can't help correcting your grammar. There is no apostrophe in touchies as the word you are trying to use is a plural for touchy, not an expression of possession.
But getting back to the thread, the 40/ 20 gaff was a howler. Disallowed Nofo tiry was dubious, especially when there were numerous Raiders forward passes in general play. Is it just me or do the oppositon seem to constantly get away with a few every game?
And what about the tackle above the horizontal that caused the gash in Farah's head?? Finally, what are people's read on the 5th tackle penalty against Marshall, following the covered up kick in front of our try line? Nit picking or what? It was certainly no worse than countless other encroachments and could have cost us the game, like all the other bum decisions. I've never known a Tigers team to rise above so much adversity, regarding officiating, in one season and it's a testimony to their resolve.
I’m !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:35 pm

stevied wrote:
there is two of them..damn it are two
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:37 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm
stevied wrote:
I’m !
Ha, it's hard not to make an error when you're tapping away on a phone on a tiny screen...but you got me!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:40 pm

stevied wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
stevied wrote:
I’m !
Ha, it's hard not to make an error when you're tapping away on a phone on a tiny screen...but you got me!
:D
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:44 pm

Missed the game today unfortunately the only way we will ever get a fair go is if we run out in broncos jumpers

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:50 pm

on the hill wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm
Was there a replay of the forward pass? I didn't see it during the telecast. More than a coincidence given the recent criticism of forward passes.

Was blowing up over the no-call on the 40/20. Don't understand how he missed that. Looked to be in great position to call it.
No replay of the forward pass and no replay of Farah not on side - even though they said, we will go back and look at that!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:20 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:21 pm
18thman wrote:
lol..................We're all experts when we see the replay slowed down x20. They don't have the benefit of that so we need to cut them some slack when it comes to the really close calls. They were'nt exactly howlers like we've seen this year but I guess you can't please everybody.
The Rapana one was a dead set howler..
It was an incorrect call but I wouldn’t call it a howler, his foot only just touched the line.
I reckon it was pretty bad - if touchies aren't there to see feet on sidelines, then what is their real purpose? Sticking flags up for kicks?

Their domain is first and foremost the sideline.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:23 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:20 pm
Geo. wrote:
18thman wrote:
It was an incorrect call but I wouldn’t call it a howler, his foot only just touched the line.
I reckon it was pretty bad - if touchies aren't there to see feet on sidelines, then what is their real purpose? Sticking flags up for kicks?

They’ve been mostly incompetent forever- and please, take the mics away from them and let the refs think for themselves
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:38 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:23 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:20 pm
Geo. wrote:

They’ve been mostly incompetent forever- and please, take the mics away from them and let the refs think for themselves
I've been wondering, surely there's a laser or something they can point down the sideline to fire when a player puts his foot out?

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:54 pm

18thman wrote:
I didn't need a replay to see a boot on the line. Disgraceful!

Then we cop five penalties in a row?

They were exactly howlers. Changed the game. Certainly could have cost us the game.

Was that the same ref who gave the Broncos a penalty in extra time?

:brick: :brick:

wmlmaster

Post by wmlmaster » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 4:16 am

hobbo wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:40 pm
stevied wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
stevied wrote:
I’m !
:D
try not tiry

Warble

Post by Warble » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 4:48 am

I do understand that people make mistakes (case in point, Stevie D)and i would be happy to wear that if there wasn't a bunker and 4 match officials. It was a pretty ordinary call.
And as has been said on this thread, we get hardly any 50/50 calls. I agree that if it were Broncos or Storm, the call would be different . I may be a biased WT fan, but it has come through total frustration of repeated inconsistencies this year.
Cmon West Tigers.... we got this!
Stevie D, you pick on people's punctuation and grammar, then make a mistake yourself, expect to get schooled. I think that was a hilarious lesson played out on a public forum. Thanks for the laugh everyone.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:18 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:38 pm

I've been wondering, surely there's a laser or something they can point down the sideline to fire when a player puts his foot out?
yeah that would do it, there would have to be something out there that could do that type of job or could be made to do it. All it would need to do is send an alert up to the bunker, they could then get in the refs ear to halt play.

Warble

Post by Warble » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:36 am

That could be easily manipulated by the opposition.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:38 am

Make it like those X-Box dancing games....a Big red X lights up if a foot touches the line