Blind Touchies

The Patriot

Re: Blind Touchies

Post by The Patriot » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:33 am

That was almost as big a stitch up as the Titans game at Leichhardt. Thankfully we showed a lot more resolve this time.
Its an opinion!

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:51 am

hobbo wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm
on the hill wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm
Was there a replay of the forward pass? I didn't see it during the telecast. More than a coincidence given the recent criticism of forward passes.

Was blowing up over the no-call on the 40/20. Don't understand how he missed that. Looked to be in great position to call it.
No replay of the “supposed” forward pass .
:bash
I felt sorry for the refs.But by gee one of the touchies was red hot.Dont know which one but the amount of times I heard his voice talking to the refs and it was ALWAYS anti Tigers.The most telling moment was when Robbie was penalised for not being on his tryline when we just regained the ball it was a very late penalty and you could see in the eyes of Cummins he didn't want to blow it but was obliged to because some touchie had given him the B.S call.Who was the biggest beneficiary of us losing yesterday?Yep the Brisbane Broncos and believe me their was one touchie trying his best to get the Broncos result.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 1:30 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:51 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:21 pm
18thman wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
lol..................We're all experts when we see the replay slowed down x20. They don't have the benefit of that so we need to cut them some slack when it comes to the really close calls. They were'nt exactly howlers like we've seen this year but I guess you can't please everybody.
The Rapana one was a dead set howler..
It was an incorrect call but I wouldn’t call it a howler, his foot only just touched the line.
Is it that difficult for the linesman to tell the ref he is not sure if the player or ball went out and it should be checked?

If you have technology - use it.

If you don't want to use it - do away with it.
This is what should happen but the NRL have regulations about when it can and can’t be used which is causing issues

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 1:32 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:51 am
hobbo wrote:
on the hill wrote:
Was there a replay of the forward pass? I didn't see it during the telecast. More than a coincidence given the recent criticism of forward passes.

Was blowing up over the no-call on the 40/20. Don't understand how he missed that. Looked to be in great position to call it.
I felt sorry for the refs.But by gee one of the touchies was red hot.Dont know which one but the amount of times I heard his voice talking to the refs and it was ALWAYS anti Tigers.The most telling moment was when Robbie was penalised for not being on his tryline when we just regained the ball it was a very late penalty and you could see in the eyes of Cummins he didn't want to blow it but was obliged to because some touchie had given him the B.S call.Who was the biggest beneficiary of us losing yesterday?Yep the Brisbane Broncos and believe me their was one touchie trying his best to get the Broncos result.
If Cummins didn’t want to blow it he wouldn’t have. The only time a red can’t over rule a touchie is when a flag goes up

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 2:20 pm

Funny how we were pinged for not playing the ball with the foot and Junior Paulo had at least 6 or 7 PTB's where he didn't even attempt to kick it back, it was very noticeable live and even more so watching last nights replay.
They just pull random penalties out of their proverbial at the drop of a hat, no consistency whatsoever. We were lucky to come out on top of the Raiders once the refs got on their coattails and did their best to get a Canberra victory.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 2:53 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 1:32 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:51 am
hobbo wrote:
on the hill wrote:

If Cummins didn’t want to blow it he wouldn’t have. The only time a red can’t over rule a touchie is when a flag goes up

Did you watch the sharks V raiders game a few weeks back.He can but with the touchie screaming in his ear he felt compelled.You could see it in his tone and body language.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 3:09 pm

Have to agree - it seems to be happening every game now. The other call I found incredible was the one where Brooks lost the ball in a tackle which was blatantly a swinging arm from either Papalii or Paulo.

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:14 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:27 am
hobbo wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:24 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:19 am
hobbo wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm

I’m !
Great one Hobbo What a clanger.
:roll
:lol:
No wonder the school system is a shambles!
My wife is a chalk chucker(as well as Minister for Finance and War), so I have to watch my P & Q.
Ha, you mean Ps and Qs! So easy to make typos on the phone...

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 6:34 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:22 am
TCL wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:53 pm
Deadset howler! Lucky it didn't cost us the game, may have hurt our for and against.

Couldn't the bunker have said something?
They only get involved if it helps the broncos or roosters we are zero chance
So true