Mon 20 Aug, 2018 4:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 4:40 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:53 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 2:22 pm
It's the mentality of the club and
Its accepted by the supporters. Nothing's gonna change unfortunately.
I don't think you can legitimately say this. The club employees want success - it's the only way they stay employed. Continued lack of success sees all coaches, administrators and support staff finding new jobs within a few years.

Supporters... not accepted at all. But what are you going to do? You can slit your wrists, or be constructively critical, or be optimistic, or be sad or be ignorant, but none of those impacts the way the team performs. GNR made a cynical comment about "true supporters" but the reality is 99% of us will be back to support the team next year, and your personal level of distaste for season 2018 is irrelevant.

You can vote with your feet and simply stop supporting the club, but then the club definitely doesn't improve without funding from supporters.
I'll believe it when I see it then. But I don't see the club owners/ board doing anything really significant in turning us into a powerhouse.
What's your timeframe?
Mate I've been waiting since 2005. We have a massive fanbase to become one of Sydneys powerhouses. Nothings happened though. Still at Concord, still three home grounds, still no juniors coming out of Campbelltown. Even if we get the COE (2020 according to Pascoe) thats still only catching up with most other clubs.

Give me a year when you expect us to be one of the strongest Sydney clubs on and off the field. Do you think we can?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 1:15 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:13 pm
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:53 pm

I don't think you can legitimately say this. The club employees want success - it's the only way they stay employed. Continued lack of success sees all coaches, administrators and support staff finding new jobs within a few years.

Supporters... not accepted at all. But what are you going to do? You can slit your wrists, or be constructively critical, or be optimistic, or be sad or be ignorant, but none of those impacts the way the team performs. GNR made a cynical comment about "true supporters" but the reality is 99% of us will be back to support the team next year, and your personal level of distaste for season 2018 is irrelevant.

You can vote with your feet and simply stop supporting the club, but then the club definitely doesn't improve without funding from supporters.
I'll believe it when I see it then. But I don't see the club owners/ board doing anything really significant in turning us into a powerhouse.
What's your timeframe?
Mate I've been waiting since 2005. We have a massive fanbase to become one of Sydneys powerhouses. Nothings happened though. Still at Concord, still three home grounds, still no juniors coming out of Campbelltown. Even if we get the COE (2020 according to Pascoe) thats still only catching up with most other clubs.

Give me a year when you expect us to be one of the strongest Sydney clubs on and off the field. Do you think we can?
I don't know if Wests Tigers or Balmain or Magpies have ever been one of the strongest Sydney clubs on and off the field? 1920?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 1:15 pm
gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:13 pm
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

What's your timeframe?

I don't know if Wests Tigers or Balmain or Magpies have ever been one of the strongest Sydney clubs on and off the field? 1920?
1920 we were huge. Then the depression hit. We're still recovering :D

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:41 pm

We had to wait for the press release re the Manly game to understand last week's poor performance

"Maybe they suffered a mental letdown after Brisbane rolled the Rabbitohs, but the Wests Tigers' recent good form was only on show in bits and pieces in last week's home loss to the Dragons."

As good an answer as our 200 pages of guessing and cursing.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)