Marshall and Farah

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Marshall and Farah

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:09 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:41 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 7:33 pm
If they can’t lead us to the finals this year, what hope do they have of doing it next year when they are yet another year older. They rarely did it in their 20’s and we’re now meant to think they can do it in their mid 30’s? The fact Ivan was so blaise in leaving the decision to play on up to them, maybe that’s the giveaway Cleary won’t be here to worry about them next year.
All 3 of them shouldn’t be here next year. If Cleary is leaving it up to them then he is having a laugh at us. The future is Liddle and Reynolds and Farah and benji to retire. If not, let’s write of next year from now.
I don't think you will find a Farah supporter against that if Liddle holds up. But surely Farah does not deserve the boot he is copping because of his yesterday's effort. The game was well and truly lost on the scoreboard and mentally by all those dropped balls that were not by him. The game should have been locked and keyed before he got gassed, then Liddle comes on at half time.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


weststigerman
Member
Member
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by weststigerman » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:40 am

If they play next year happy to be supporting Liddle and Reynolds I have no issue retaining them.

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:42 am

Farah was the difference between us going close to the finals and going close to the spoon!
Having said that, it's definitely time for the club to move on from both Farah and Marshall. Benji has played 6 decent games all year - the rest were rubbish. If he is anywhere near our team next year then we may as well pack it in now!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:19 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:09 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:41 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 7:33 pm
If they can’t lead us to the finals this year, what hope do they have of doing it next year when they are yet another year older. They rarely did it in their 20’s and we’re now meant to think they can do it in their mid 30’s? The fact Ivan was so blaise in leaving the decision to play on up to them, maybe that’s the giveaway Cleary won’t be here to worry about them next year.
All 3 of them shouldn’t be here next year. If Cleary is leaving it up to them then he is having a laugh at us. The future is Liddle and Reynolds and Farah and benji to retire. If not, let’s write of next year from now.
I don't think you will find a Farah supporter against that if Liddle holds up. But surely Farah does not deserve the boot he is copping because of his yesterday's effort. The game was well and truly lost on the scoreboard and mentally by all those dropped balls that were not by him. The game should have been locked and keyed before he got gassed, then Liddle comes on at half time.
I have been a massive supporter of Robbie/Benji over the years but their time is up both collectively and individualy it is time to go.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:47 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:36 pm
Farah didn't lose us that game...
Neither did Brooks.
Our forwards were (unfortunately) again the problem.


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8268
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:51 am

momo&medo wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:47 am
Demps wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:36 pm
Farah didn't lose us that game...
Neither did Brooks.
Our forwards were (unfortunately) again the problem.
Repeat offenders.
It's clear to all of us, why not that snake coach?

When Jessie Sue and MCK are your best forwards... It's an issue.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33098
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:59 am

Demps wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:51 am
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:47 am
Demps wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:36 pm
Farah didn't lose us that game...
Neither did Brooks.
Our forwards were (unfortunately) again the problem.
Repeat offenders.
It's clear to all of us, why not that snake coach?

When Jessie Sue and MCK are your best forwards... It's an issue.
Fair point. Defensively I don't have a problem with Packer or Mats, but in attack they've been underwhelming, regularly failing to make more than 100 metres per game and while the Tigers have structured their game to compensate for that (i.e. Nofo, Marsters, Thompson et al making plenty of dummy half runs), it often doesn't translate into the Tigers winning the ruck. Criticise Woods all you like, but he often held our pack together in attack and now that he is surrounded by a decent pack at the Sharks, his stats in attack and defence have improved further.

Add a couple of hard runners in Taupau and Latu, and I reckon that transforms the nature of our pack. I'm kind of disappointed to see Sue leaving as he's been averaging 120m per game for the past month or so now - we're going to miss that impact next season IMO.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:00 am

Demps wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:51 am
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:47 am
Demps wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:36 pm
Farah didn't lose us that game...
Neither did Brooks.
Our forwards were (unfortunately) again the problem.
Repeat offenders.
It's clear to all of us, why not that snake coach?

When Jessie Sue and MCK are your best forwards... It's an issue.
Yep ..... I cringe when Cee Kam name comes up.
Taylor is v dissapointing also. If it wasn’t for his tackling volume you would not feed him.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:06 am

willow wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:59 am
Demps wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:51 am
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:47 am
Demps wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:36 pm
Farah didn't lose us that game...
Neither did Brooks.
Our forwards were (unfortunately) again the problem.
Repeat offenders.
It's clear to all of us, why not that snake coach?

When Jessie Sue and MCK are your best forwards... It's an issue.
Fair point. Defensively I don't have a problem with Packer or Mats, but in attack they've been underwhelming, regularly failing to make more than 100 metres per game and while the Tigers have structured their game to compensate for that (i.e. Nofo, Marsters, Thompson et al making plenty of dummy half runs), it often doesn't translate into the Tigers winning the ruck. Criticise Woods all you like, but he often held our pack together in attack and now that he is surrounded by a decent pack at the Sharks, his stats in attack and defence have improved further.

Add a couple of hard runners in Taupau and Latu, and I reckon that transforms the nature of our pack. I'm kind of disappointed to see Sue leaving as he's been averaging 120m per game for the past month or so now - we're going to miss that impact next season IMO.
Yes but also I feel we need forwards with a good offload.
Our attack only sparked yesterday on very few occasions when we created 2nd phase offloads.
Players nowadays are too afraid of making mistakes and it seems that ball playing forwards with a good offload are becoming a lost art.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7159
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:41 am

It all comes down to who they can recruit. At present they are the best we have for the positions they play. So if they can not recruit anyone better we have no choice.

If the injury god is kind to us both maybe able to share their role in 2019 with Liddle and Reynolds and be more effective.

It’s a little concerning when you see player x being linked to certain clubs and our name is never mentioned, because we need some real quality if we are going to build on this year

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2530
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:51 am

I really want Benji & Farah hear next year..... on a small wage and as backups.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:57 am

supercoach wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:41 am
It all comes down to who they can recruit. At present they are the best we have for the positions they play. So if they can not recruit anyone better we have no choice.

If the injury god is kind to us both maybe able to share their role in 2019 with Liddle and Reynolds and be more effective.

It’s a little concerning when you see player x being linked to certain clubs and our name is never mentioned, because we need some real quality if we are going to build on this year
And likely very concerning for player x, that coach y is linked to a certain club.

Didn't really want either of our life members back this season, but have accepted them on the basis of the feel good, home is where the heart is and finishing where they started storylines. The final chapter has now been read, so time to close the book.
Last edited by formerguest on Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:01 am

They were both crap. Like most of the others. unfortunately, they should be much, much better given their extensive experience. So for me, they failed...again, and miserably. The experiment is done-or should be. Nobody else wants them, but for whatever reason, so many of us can't let go.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:04 am

Masterton wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:51 am
I really want Benji & Farah hear next year..... on a small wage and as backups.
I want to see them run around in reserve grade next year and playing first grade if and when required. They will also need some breaks throughout the season so a small wage is fair.

These two clearly aren't going to get us to the finals.

If that doesn't sound fair then they should retire.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22668
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:06 am

No way you can justify starting Farah ahead of Liddle next year. It would be criminal.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3574
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:24 am

People are having a laugh if they think this team will be much better with Reynolds at 6 and Liddle at 9 next year. Especially with our talwnrt level in the outside backs and forward pack.

One has managed 4 games this year and was busted last year, whilst the other has had a double shoulder reco and is used too playing about 20 minutes a game in first grade.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster with both their injury record and our forward pack.

Without Benji and Farah this year we wouldn't have 11 wins. We came into the season as Spoon favourites. At 34 years of age their performances have been really solid.

Anyway I hope both Benji and Farah retire as they will be easy whipping boys next year when the side fails because overall the roster is average with little speed in the outside backs and a power puff pack which dominates nobody.

Glennb
Member
Member
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Glennb » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:51 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:17 pm
Signing Farah was a coach clutching at straws. A 9 game contact for a bloke stuck in reserves.
Clearly lost me that day.
I hope Farah doesnt go around again next year, but signing Farah this year was a great piece of coaching. Our season would have been over a month ago otherwise.

Surely you remember we had Godinet/Taylor there previously?

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5609
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:55 am

Glennb wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:51 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:17 pm
Signing Farah was a coach clutching at straws. A 9 game contact for a bloke stuck in reserves.
Clearly lost me that day.
I hope Farah doesnt go around again next year, but signing Farah this year was a great piece of coaching. Our season would have been over a month ago otherwise.

Surely you remember we had Godinet/Taylor there previously?
Our season WAS over a month ago. Youre a dreamer if you thought otherwise. Signing Farah didnt get us into the 8 and has not helped prep for 2019 either. It was just feel good nonsense. Cleary should have gone after a hooker with one eye on 2019.

Post Reply