Marshall and Farah

NT Tiger

Re: Marshall and Farah

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:54 pm

I've been fence sitting on this for a while now. Beni and Robbie are great in patches. I'd give each 50/50. Both try to 'save the day' single handedly at times. Sometimes it comes off sometimes not.
Bottom line for me is move forward, instead of more of the same.
"Quality Stupidity"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:04 pm

Benji probably needs to call it.

Despite how I felt about Farah when he left and came back I'm not too proud to give credit where it is due, he's been good since returning and he would be handy next year if not on stupid money.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:05 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:04 pm

Despite how I felt about Farah when he left and came back I'm not too proud to give credit where it is due, he's been good since returning and he would be handy next year if not on stupid money.

Stop with the sensible analysis!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:09 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:05 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Look I understand the whole look to the future mantra however if we're not signing anyone better and still hedging our bets on Liddle who currently doesn't look as though he has the miles to do 80 yet, Farah is a good option. If we sign a better hooker I am happy for the club to not resign Farah, but I think our problems run deeper than dummy half.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:06 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:56 am
Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:24 am
People are having a laugh if they think this team will be much better with Reynolds at 6 and Liddle at 9 next year. Especially with our talwnrt level in the outside backs and forward pack.

One has managed 4 games this year and was busted last year, whilst the other has had a double shoulder reco and is used too playing about 20 minutes a game in first grade.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster with both their injury record and our forward pack.

Without Benji and Farah this year we wouldn't have 11 wins. We came into the season as Spoon favourites. At 34 years of age their performances have been really solid.

Anyway I hope both Benji and Farah retire as they will be easy whipping boys next year when the side fails because overall the roster is average with little speed in the outside backs and a power puff pack which dominates nobody.
Wah wah
Can I still have the $2.50 you offered the Broncos to make the Top 8?
Sure. You can spend the winnings on some water for that burn.
Just Hard to keep up with your hyperbole that's all!

Broncos $2.50

"Criminal" to Play Farah next year.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:14 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:09 pm
Eddie wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Look I understand the whole look to the future mantra however if we're not signing anyone better and still hedging our bets on Liddle who currently doesn't look as though he has the miles to do 80 yet, Farah is a good option. If we sign a better hooker I am happy for the club to not resign Farah, but I think our problems run deeper than dummy half.
Again stop with the sensible analysis!

We have a team that has eeked out 11 wins that were favourites for the spoon.

We have been probably in the Top 3 clubs for overachieving int he NRL this year in line with their roster.

People can talk about home grounds and whatever but until we get a quality roster we will always be an also ran

9th is a good effort this year and any person who doesn't support the Tigers would say that.

Doesn't mean we should accept it, but i Don't know what people expected from a squad containing not even close to an Oriing player, a a bunch of journeyman older signings and no real promising young players.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:28 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:09 pm
Eddie wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Again stop with the sensible analysis!

We have a team that has eeked out 11 wins that were favourites for the spoon.

We have been probably in the Top 3 clubs for overachieving int he NRL this year in line with their roster.

People can talk about home grounds and whatever but until we get a quality roster we will always be an also ran

9th is a good effort this year and any person who doesn't support the Tigers would say that.

Doesn't mean we should accept it, but i Don't know what people expected from a squad containing not even close to an Oriing player, a a bunch of journeyman older signings and no real promising young players.
Both issues obviously need to be addressed Eddie. The home ground issue can be easily fixed, tomorrow. Maybe the extra money playing out of a stadium could improve the club somehow. Maybe improved facilities can help attract better players.
Or we just sit back and hope the roster gets better.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:30 pm

Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:24 pm
Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:56 am
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:53 am

It is too easy to say that anybody that criticises Farah is a "Hater".

People are saying he had a bad game (was ordinary the week before as well) and that he should retire at the end of the season.

The guy will be even older and slower next year and if he goes around again be in the way of a better DH as it now stands.

You may be a Farah lover - that is good - to be blinded and not see the many short comings is ludicrous.
I'm not a Farah lover, not even close to one. During the JT scandal, I was practically against Farah the whole time. However, I'm calling it how I see it, and what I'm seeing is that he's been good in his stint here so far. Compare our attack with him to our attack when we had ET at hooker. Having a bad game in the midst of some pretty good games should not equate to people calling for his retirement. Benji, on the other hand has been too inconsistent for mine and should really consider retiring.
Agree. Easy to be critical when we get beaten. I don't see the same call when we win.Farah is better than Liddle even at 34. Liddle not in same league. ISP at best. If we get a better hooker than I'm happy for Farah to retire. Benji's best days are past unfortunately. He has beeb solid this year but inconsistent.
To many ifs with Liddle. Not a tough built player. Hooker does the most tackling. Can't see him ever being that type of player.
The criminal part is that opposing forwards will deliberately target him to break him - not fair but they are paid big money to win. The club's screen is a dummy wide screen where everyone looks like Samson so hard for me to judge his size. I love watching Farah playing first receiver off DH though he is snail pace - if Jacob can develop that role as well and with his young legs he could be a champ.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 2:03 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:06 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:56 am

Wah wah
Can I still have the $2.50 you offered the Broncos to make the Top 8?
Sure. You can spend the winnings on some water for that burn.
Just Hard to keep up with your hyperbole that's all!

Broncos $2.50

"Criminal" to Play Farah next year.
Trying to us my positivity against me. I should be embarrassed for having confidence?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 2:49 pm

Droppy wrote:
Droppy wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:53 am

It is too easy to say that anybody that criticises Farah is a "Hater".

People are saying he had a bad game (was ordinary the week before as well) and that he should retire at the end of the season.

The guy will be even older and slower next year and if he goes around again be in the way of a better DH as it now stands.

You may be a Farah lover - that is good - to be blinded and not see the many short comings is ludicrous.
I'm not a Farah lover, not even close to one. During the JT scandal, I was practically against Farah the whole time. However, I'm calling it how I see it, and what I'm seeing is that he's been good in his stint here so far. Compare our attack with him to our attack when we had ET at hooker. Having a bad game in the midst of some pretty good games should not equate to people calling for his retirement. Benji, on the other hand has been too inconsistent for mine and should really consider retiring.
Agree. Easy to be critical when we get beaten. I don't see the same call when we win.Farah is better than Liddle even at 34. Liddle not in same league. ISP at best. If we get a better hooker than I'm happy for Farah to retire. Benji's best days are past unfortunately. He has beeb solid this year but inconsistent.
To many ifs with Liddle. Not a tough built player. Hooker does the most tackling. Can't see him ever being that type of player.
Craig Belleamy who is a fair judge of a footballer tried really hard to get Liddle into the Storm system with the plan he would take over from Smith

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:17 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 2:49 pm
Droppy wrote:
Droppy wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

Craig Belleamy who is a fair judge of a footballer tried really hard to get Liddle into the Storm system with the plan he would take over from Smith
He went for Brooks too.

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:26 pm

supercoach wrote:
Droppy wrote:
Droppy wrote:
TigersBusDriver wrote:

Craig turns average players into good players. It does not mean that he rates Liddle.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:52 pm

Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:26 pm
supercoach wrote:
Droppy wrote:
Droppy wrote:

Craig turns average players into good players. It does not mean that he rates Liddle.
No that's right - he just looks around for dopes.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 5:36 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

Agree 100%....Benji to retire and I am happy for Farah to continue on for 1 more year if he wants.
Marshall has played more than he would have thought this year due to Reynolds being injured all year.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:35 pm

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 5:36 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Agree 100%....Benji to retire and I am happy for Farah to continue on for 1 more year if he wants.
Marshall has played more than he would have thought this year due to Reynolds being injured all year.
I can only imagine how bad we would have been this year without Benji to cover Reynolds. Keep him on if he's cheap enough.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:12 pm

Marshall always seems in the thick of things and having a go in defence and attack. Farah is more consistent than Brooks in many departments. It has absolutely nothing to do with Farah the dropped balls yesterday. Surely the club doctor decides on Liddle but the same guy may have already erred on the same topic. The coach who got them through wins over top teams deserves to be given the call.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:56 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:55 am
Glennb wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:51 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:17 pm
Signing Farah was a coach clutching at straws. A 9 game contact for a bloke stuck in reserves.
Clearly lost me that day.
I hope Farah doesnt go around again next year, but signing Farah this year was a great piece of coaching. Our season would have been over a month ago otherwise.

Surely you remember we had Godinet/Taylor there previously?
Our season WAS over a month ago. Youre a dreamer if you thought otherwise. Signing Farah didnt get us into the 8 and has not helped prep for 2019 either. It was just feel good nonsense. Cleary should have gone after a hooker with one eye on 2019.
At 5:30 yesterday we were still in the hunt for the 8. If we won that game we were 2points out of the 8 with 2 to play.

If Farah didnt come over, we would not have been in that position. You have a bit of a common agenda in your posts but facts are facts.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:55 am
Glennb wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:51 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:17 pm
Signing Farah was a coach clutching at straws. A 9 game contact for a bloke stuck in reserves.
Clearly lost me that day.
I hope Farah doesnt go around again next year, but signing Farah this year was a great piece of coaching. Our season would have been over a month ago otherwise.

Surely you remember we had Godinet/Taylor there previously?
Our season WAS over a month ago. Youre a dreamer if you thought otherwise. Signing Farah didnt get us into the 8 and has not helped prep for 2019 either. It was just feel good nonsense. Cleary should have gone after a hooker with one eye on 2019.
At 5:30 yesterday we were still in the hunt for the 8. If we won that game we were 2points out of the 8 with 2 to play.

If Farah didnt come over, we would not have been in that position. You have a bit of a common agenda in your posts but facts are facts.
Farah getting us into that position is an opinion. Not a fact. Just like me thinking we had no chance of making the 8.
What's my common agenda? Being sick of the club plodding through season after season?
Last edited by gallagher on Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.