Marshall and Farah

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Marshall and Farah

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:05 pm

I watched Maggie games when they had a perpetual mortgage on the wooden spoon and they played a vastly superior game than what I witnessed in some parts of games during the middle of this year put on display by the WT FG team. It may not be a provable fact that Farah helped stem the tide but it was exactly the DH position that was poisonous and it improved remarkably when he stepped in. I really didn't care about the eight I just wanted pride for the team so they don't get deported to Perth.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:23 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:05 pm
I watched Maggie games when they had a perpetual mortgage on the wooden spoon and they played a vastly superior game than what I witnessed in some parts of games during the middle of this year put on display by the WT FG team. It may not be a provable fact that Farah helped stem the tide but it was exactly the DH position that was poisonous and it improved remarkably when he stepped in. I really didn't care about the eight I just wanted pride for the team so they don't get deported to Perth.
He's played pretty well, but that's not what I'm getting at. I'm having a go at the coach for signing a player for a 9 week spell. It was a panicky move and it isn't paid off. The signing didn't get us into the 8 and doesn't improve the roster for next year.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:36 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:23 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
He's played pretty well, but that's not what I'm getting at. I'm having a go at the coach for signing a player for a 9 week spell. It was a panicky move and it isn't paid off. The signing didn't get us into the 8 and doesn't improve the roster for next year.
good hookers can't be bought off coat hangers at Target for two bob. Ivan's move paid off in spades in that he restored pride in the team, restored spectator number at games and gave the team a chance to remain in Sydney. By restoring pride it assists in signing quality players for 2019. Was it Roach who was disappointed when Woodsy jumped ship as he wanted Woods to mentor his son as a forward? The same would go for potential hookers who want to learn from a master. It is a much better conclusion to come 9th, still alive until yesterday than being totally disgraced. Farah and Marshal when together may have never lost to Canberra - compare that to the cricket scores before they got back together. Was it Farah's fault we didn't beat Titans that would have greatly assisted to getting us into the eight - nobody followed him when he played brilliantly! He ain't no trinity to defeat a team single-handedly.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm

benji= No. Retire gracefully i think
Farah= maybe but may need to spend some time in reserve grade coz liddle needs first shot
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:37 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:04 pm
Benji probably needs to call it.

Despite how I felt about Farah when he left and came back I'm not too proud to give credit where it is due, he's been good since returning and he would be handy next year if not on stupid money.
Farah is no good to us unless he comes off the bench for 15 minutes a game. He is kicking early and running at the wrong time - back into his old habits.

Marshall is the same. If he's there for depth I can live with it... But neither should start.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm

mtd wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:37 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Despite how I felt about Farah when he left and came back I'm not too proud to give credit where it is due, he's been good since returning and he would be handy next year if not on stupid money.
Farah is no good to us unless he comes off the bench for 15 minutes a game. He is kicking early and running at the wrong time - back into his old habits.

Marshall is the same. If he's there for depth I can live with it... But neither should start.
Farah only kicked early after when Brooks failed to get a kick away as such play is too predictable.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:14 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm
mtd wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Farah only kicked early after when Brooks failed to get a kick away as such play is too predictable.
:crazy :crazy

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:37 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:01 pm
mtd wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

On tackle 3 in the first half?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 6:48 am

I don't have a photographic memory of the game so can't comment but I only noticed after Brooks was impeded from kicking. If kicking gets you down the other end of the field with a scrum to let the boys have a slow walk to recover then that's okay. Better than playing dropsy near your own goal line.

During the SOO the Burgess bros had dropsy but Farah and a few other players were very solid and they still managed to win but the Tiger's dropsy was worse than the Burgess. He used the same tactics in both dropsy games only for different results.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:02 am

mtd wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Yes, I could live with them as depth signings only, but could they, and at what price?
"Quality Stupidity"

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:15 am

mtd wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

problem is both believe they should start......

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:23 am

tigerap wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:15 am
mtd wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

problem is both believe they should start......
You are correct i dont think either of them would be comfortable playing reggies or on the bench.As good as they been in the past it is time to retire before they become a liability due to age

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:37 am

gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
The positives far outweigh any of your negatives.

We have had massive support with a couple of sell out games etc.

Overall it's been a masterstroke for the club.

It can only be agenda or favoritism stopping people seeing that.
Its an opinion!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:11 am

Unless they can find someone better they have no choice and at present we have some other positions that need urgent attention. It’s all about getting the right balance

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:21 am

supercoach wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:11 am
Unless they can find someone better they have no choice and at present we have some other positions that need urgent attention. It’s all about getting the right balance
Reynolds over Benji when fit

If we can't find a better back up option than Farah keep him as a back up and back up only

We need to give Liddle every chance to excel or we find ourselves a No 1 hooker asap

Then we sign another prop , back rower , centre and winger who are NRL players , not fringe NRL players

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:25 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:37 am
gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
The positives far outweigh any of your negatives.

We have had massive support with a couple of sell out games etc.

Overall it's been a masterstroke for the club.

It can only be agenda or favoritism stopping people seeing that.
One sellout at a small ground. Wow what a masterstroke.
I was talking to Fade to Black about fans accepting the club being just happy to make up the numbers and heres an example.

We miss the 8 yet again but who cares LO got a good crowd.
Amazing.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:29 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm
Glennb wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:55 am
Glennb wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:51 am

I hope Farah doesnt go around again next year, but signing Farah this year was a great piece of coaching. Our season would have been over a month ago otherwise.

Surely you remember we had Godinet/Taylor there previously?
Our season WAS over a month ago. Youre a dreamer if you thought otherwise. Signing Farah didnt get us into the 8 and has not helped prep for 2019 either. It was just feel good nonsense. Cleary should have gone after a hooker with one eye on 2019.
At 5:30 yesterday we were still in the hunt for the 8. If we won that game we were 2points out of the 8 with 2 to play.

If Farah didnt come over, we would not have been in that position. You have a bit of a common agenda in your posts but facts are facts.
Farah getting us into that position is an opinion. Not a fact. Just like me thinking we had no chance of making the 8.
What's my common agenda? Being sick of the club plodding through season after season?
If you cant genuinely see the improvement in this club and this team over the last 18 months, then there is no point discussing this further. On and off the field, the Tigers have made huge improvements and seem to be heading in the right direction. It was never going to happen in one season.

To get back to the topic of Farah (THIS YEAR), after watching Jason Taylor wheel out Jordan Rankin or Kyle Lovett week after week after week with no hope of improvement, it has been very refreshing to have a coach who has acted swiftly when he sees something that needs addressing. "Plodding through the season" would have been blindly continuing on with Godinet & ET at dummy half but IC saw an opportunity to strengthen the team and took it by grabbing Farah for this year. it was not the easy option, remember Go & Pascoe were the ones who gave Robbie written notices back in 2016, but everyone got out of their own way for the good of the team. If you cant see that Farah strengthened the team in that period then there is not much more we can discuss.

Having said that, its a NO from me for Robbie next year.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:50 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:30 pm
Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:24 pm
Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:56 am

I'm not a Farah lover, not even close to one. During the JT scandal, I was practically against Farah the whole time. However, I'm calling it how I see it, and what I'm seeing is that he's been good in his stint here so far. Compare our attack with him to our attack when we had ET at hooker. Having a bad game in the midst of some pretty good games should not equate to people calling for his retirement. Benji, on the other hand has been too inconsistent for mine and should really consider retiring.
Agree. Easy to be critical when we get beaten. I don't see the same call when we win.Farah is better than Liddle even at 34. Liddle not in same league. ISP at best. If we get a better hooker than I'm happy for Farah to retire. Benji's best days are past unfortunately. He has beeb solid this year but inconsistent.
To many ifs with Liddle. Not a tough built player. Hooker does the most tackling. Can't see him ever being that type of player.
The criminal part is that opposing forwards will deliberately target him to break him - not fair but they are paid big money to win. The club's screen is a dummy wide screen where everyone looks like Samson so hard for me to judge his size. I love watching Farah playing first receiver off DH though he is snail pace - if Jacob can develop that role as well and with his young legs he could be a champ.
I'll say it again - Liddle is the same weight as Farah and slightly taller.