gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:23 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:10 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:25 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:37 am

The positives far outweigh any of your negatives.

We have had massive support with a couple of sell out games etc.

Overall it's been a masterstroke for the club.

It can only be agenda or favoritism stopping people seeing that.
One sellout at a small ground. Wow what a masterstroke.
I was talking to Fade to Black about fans accepting the club being just happy to make up the numbers and heres an example.

We miss the 8 yet again but who cares LO got a good crowd.
Amazing.
Lol I'm the last person to accept mediocrity.

As for the one small ground sell out. Pointless me trying to argue that. It would be easy to mind you but totally pointless and a further waste of my time.
Lol. You give up as easy as our team
Signing Farah was a masterstroke, if you dont think we needed a d/h at the time we signed him, you have no idea at all. As well your not going to get a better d/h at that time of the season wanting to play for the Tigers. At Farah's age , he will only be good for another season , so perfect timing to help develope Liddle.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:15 pm

Tigertail wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:09 pm
gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
gallagher wrote:

I was talking to Fade to Black about fans accepting the club being just happy to make up the numbers and heres an example.

Amazing.

As for the one small ground sell out. Pointless me trying to argue that. It would be easy to mind you but totally pointless and a further waste of my time.
Signing Farah was a masterstroke, if you dont think we needed a d/h at the time we signed him, you have no idea at all. As well your not going to get a better d/h at that time of the season wanting to play for the Tigers. At Farah's age , he will only be good for another season , so perfect timing to help develope Liddle.
We failed to make the 8 so I cant see how it was a masterstroke, A panicky move by a coach out of ideas and it failed.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:19 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:15 pm
Tigertail wrote:
gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

We failed to make the 8 so I cant see how it was a masterstroke, A panicky move by a coach out of ideas and it failed.
Should’ve panicked earlier .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:21 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:19 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tigertail wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Should’ve panicked earlier .
Bloody oath, signing him instead of Godinet last off season would have been a masterstroke.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:38 pm

The guy scored good tries in his two last games at WT two years ago yet was shoved - if any of our guys would have scored two guys tries last week instead of fumbling the ball near the line I would have kissed them. With all those fumblers I was hoping he would have a go himself. He could not have done any worse - at least possession would have been kept. He has the record for a try scoring hooker - yeah boot him out we can't have someone like that ruin our shocking record.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:25 pm

Glennb wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:17 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:21 am
Glennb wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:29 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm

Farah getting us into that position is an opinion. Not a fact. Just like me thinking we had no chance of making the 8.
What's my common agenda? Being sick of the club plodding through season after season?
If you cant genuinely see the improvement in this club and this team over the last 18 months, then there is no point discussing this further. On and off the field, the Tigers have made huge improvements and seem to be heading in the right direction. It was never going to happen in one season.

To get back to the topic of Farah (THIS YEAR), after watching Jason Taylor wheel out Jordan Rankin or Kyle Lovett week after week after week with no hope of improvement, it has been very refreshing to have a coach who has acted swiftly when he sees something that needs addressing. "Plodding through the season" would have been blindly continuing on with Godinet & ET at dummy half but IC saw an opportunity to strengthen the team and took it by grabbing Farah for this year. it was not the easy option, remember Go & Pascoe were the ones who gave Robbie written notices back in 2016, but everyone got out of their own way for the good of the team. If you cant see that Farah strengthened the team in that period then there is not much more we can discuss.

Having said that, its a NO from me for Robbie next year.
I see no differences between 2016 and 2018.
If you see no differences in this club, this team, the football that is being played, the way the team is coached between 2016 and now, I see no point in continuing a conversation here with you. I look forward to your next 20 or 30 posts vaguely rambling about accepting mediocrity without any ideas on how a club and team actually gets from point A to point B when the differences between 2016 & 2018 are what you need to understand as necessary components to climb out of mediocrity. It doesnt happen in a season.
Can you point out the differences taking in to account the coach of 2016 had no control, no cap money and a board that was still made up of Wests, Balmain and independents. The team finished the season 9th with the 10th best attack and 15th defense and the coach was summarily sacked. Jump to 2018 the coach has full autonomy, the board has no factions and fully supports the coach, the coach had no cap restrictions and was able to pick the squad he wanted. In the 18 months that Cleary has been coach WT have gone from 10th best attack to 16 th both years and defense from 15th to 13th to 3rd this year. Unless something miraculous happens the team will finish 9th.
So the difference on the field is that the defence has improved out of sight but the attack has become non existent. Position on the table is the same. Off the field the club is going ahead in leaps and bounds but this would likely be more to the new board without factions rather than anything to do with the coach.
I think Gallagher is right - we are still just plodding along - just with a different coach running the show.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:51 pm

gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:37 am

The positives far outweigh any of your negatives.

We have had massive support with a couple of sell out games etc.

Overall it's been a masterstroke for the club.

It can only be agenda or favoritism stopping people seeing that.

Amazing.

Seeing as how you are going to follow me on to other topics and cry about no response, here is your response.

Since Robbie Farah has re-signed with the club our home ground attendances are as follows -

Really is a waste of my time trying to prove to you that bringing Robbie Farah back was an advantage to the club both on and off the field. It corrected a wrong and the fans have show faith in the club and supported it with fantastic attendances.

But hey knowing how this works youll try and argue that.
Its an opinion!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:54 pm

Snore. But the bait taken lol

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 10:03 pm

Was the 25963 figure for 250th game? Or is that figure a mistake? Amazing.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 1:25 pm

This time next week we’ll be awaiting Benji and Robbie’s farewells against the ‘tohs. They must be respected for their time spent at the club.......good and bad
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

yeti

Post by yeti » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 1:47 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:43 am
Glennb wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Glennb wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:29 am

If you cant genuinely see the improvement in this club and this team over the last 18 months, then there is no point discussing this further. On and off the field, the Tigers have made huge improvements and seem to be heading in the right direction. It was never going to happen in one season.

To get back to the topic of Farah (THIS YEAR), after watching Jason Taylor wheel out Jordan Rankin or Kyle Lovett week after week after week with no hope of improvement, it has been very refreshing to have a coach who has acted swiftly when he sees something that needs addressing. "Plodding through the season" would have been blindly continuing on with Godinet & ET at dummy half but IC saw an opportunity to strengthen the team and took it by grabbing Farah for this year. it was not the easy option, remember Go & Pascoe were the ones who gave Robbie written notices back in 2016, but everyone got out of their own way for the good of the team. If you cant see that Farah strengthened the team in that period then there is not much more we can discuss.

Having said that, its a NO from me for Robbie next year.
If you see no differences in this club, this team, the football that is being played, the way the team is coached between 2016 and now, I see no point in continuing a conversation here with you. I look forward to your next 20 or 30 posts vaguely rambling about accepting mediocrity without any ideas on how a club and team actually gets from point A to point B when the differences between 2016 & 2018 are what you need to understand as necessary components to climb out of mediocrity. It doesnt happen in a season.
We've been mediocre for most of our existence. The club isn't improving.
I can't agree Gallagher. The improvements off the field are obvious. Salary cap under control, what seems to be a unified Board and a more than capable CEO and manager of football operations. And a better coach, regardless of how long he may be at the Tigers.
Off field improvements will inevitably lead to on field improvements.
You have to have the foundations in place first. That appears to be well in place.
I personally am looking forward - now - to the on field improvements that I am confident will follow.

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 2:42 pm

I would offer them a first grade only contract with a base amount in case they are dropped on bad form and offer them a job around the joint in 2020..neither of these legends should have to play I.S.P again..any game next year might be their last..they are old and wise enough to understand there is life after football and a future with the club pending.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:29 pm

yeti wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 1:47 pm
gallagher wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:43 am
Glennb wrote:
gallagher wrote:

We've been mediocre for most of our existence. The club isn't improving.
I can't agree Gallagher. The improvements off the field are obvious. Salary cap under control, what seems to be a unified Board and a more than capable CEO and manager of football operations. And a better coach, regardless of how long he may be at the Tigers.
Off field improvements will inevitably lead to on field improvements.
You have to have the foundations in place first. That appears to be well in place.
I personally am looking forward - now - to the on field improvements that I am confident will follow.
Three or four top class signings would probably help me see the improvment. Re-signing Farah and Marshall and our usual half decent new signings will just confirm to me my current thoughts of the club.

RoxleyBird

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:32 pm

Marshall, if you read this, play one more year
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:30 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tigertail wrote:
gallagher wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Well at least we were in with a chance to make the 8, than no chance at all, and without those mid year signings of Farah and Mbye, we may have had to try an avoid a wooden spoon.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 11:39 pm

Tigertail wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:30 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tigertail wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Well at least we were in with a chance to make the 8, than no chance at all, and without those mid year signings of Farah and Mbye, we may have had to try an avoid a wooden spoon.
Mbye signed for 4 years. Farah for 9 games. I have a problem understanding the use of a short contract. If it was just to get us into the 8 this year it failed.