Marshall and Farah

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22654
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Marshall and Farah

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:56 am

Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:24 am
People are having a laugh if they think this team will be much better with Reynolds at 6 and Liddle at 9 next year. Especially with our talwnrt level in the outside backs and forward pack.

One has managed 4 games this year and was busted last year, whilst the other has had a double shoulder reco and is used too playing about 20 minutes a game in first grade.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster with both their injury record and our forward pack.

Without Benji and Farah this year we wouldn't have 11 wins. We came into the season as Spoon favourites. At 34 years of age their performances have been really solid.

Anyway I hope both Benji and Farah retire as they will be easy whipping boys next year when the side fails because overall the roster is average with little speed in the outside backs and a power puff pack which dominates nobody.
Wah wah


Steve k
Member
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Steve k » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:02 am

Never happy when these 2 muppets came back how are we supposed to move forward when we recycle 40 year olds and by crap front rowers on big money and backs that are small and useless.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7157
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:03 am

As I said before, it all depends if we can recruit better players to fill there shoes and that’s unlikely

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:06 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:56 am
Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:24 am
People are having a laugh if they think this team will be much better with Reynolds at 6 and Liddle at 9 next year. Especially with our talwnrt level in the outside backs and forward pack.

One has managed 4 games this year and was busted last year, whilst the other has had a double shoulder reco and is used too playing about 20 minutes a game in first grade.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster with both their injury record and our forward pack.

Without Benji and Farah this year we wouldn't have 11 wins. We came into the season as Spoon favourites. At 34 years of age their performances have been really solid.

Anyway I hope both Benji and Farah retire as they will be easy whipping boys next year when the side fails because overall the roster is average with little speed in the outside backs and a power puff pack which dominates nobody.
Wah wah
Can I still have the $2.50 you offered the Broncos to make the Top 8?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22654
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:08 am

Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:06 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:56 am
Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:24 am
People are having a laugh if they think this team will be much better with Reynolds at 6 and Liddle at 9 next year. Especially with our talwnrt level in the outside backs and forward pack.

One has managed 4 games this year and was busted last year, whilst the other has had a double shoulder reco and is used too playing about 20 minutes a game in first grade.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster with both their injury record and our forward pack.

Without Benji and Farah this year we wouldn't have 11 wins. We came into the season as Spoon favourites. At 34 years of age their performances have been really solid.

Anyway I hope both Benji and Farah retire as they will be easy whipping boys next year when the side fails because overall the roster is average with little speed in the outside backs and a power puff pack which dominates nobody.
Wah wah
Can I still have the $2.50 you offered the Broncos to make the Top 8?
Sure. You can spend the winnings on some water for that burn.


Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5658
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:09 am

Masterton wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:51 am
I really want Benji & Farah hear next year..... on a small wage and as backups.
They won't want to be back ups, they want to be very regular first grade players and that is one of the the main problem. The other main problem is that they will be taking up Cap spaces which could have been taken up by promising young players.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5154
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:22 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:04 pm
Snake wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:01 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 7:58 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm
Farah off the bench

Marshall is finished
I agree with this , Liddle can start .

Farah will just be a cheap option for us and can play of the bench God forbid if Liddle gets an injury and we play ET at hooker unless we can get Segyaro
If the club ever wants to play finals footy this is not an option , you are not going to carry another hooker on the bench ...times up for Farah he has to move on .
Liddle can't play 80 minutes to great effect .
Who says he won't be able to in 2019?

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5154
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:25 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
I am amazed. About everyone in the team made a blunder except Farah. When he was taken off they failed to get a kick away on the fifth, the try they achieved had little to do with the DH I think, but their first try the DH was involved (RF).

I am happy whatever he decides to do but he was far from being responsible for the loss to night. Brooks on one occasion did not get a kick away on the fifth so soon after Farah gets one good away himself far into the tackle count - good play. He displayed quick reflexes to catch balls in tight play etc etc - I won't claim that he is still fast but Damien Cook has recently proven that being fast by itself is insufficient. Liddle is great but lacks smarts near the line but is definitely learning.
At this stage of their careers BBF - Liddle is by far the better DH.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7157
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:29 am

Newtown wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:09 am
Masterton wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:51 am
I really want Benji & Farah hear next year..... on a small wage and as backups.
They won't want to be back ups, they want to be very regular first grade players and that is one of the the main problem. The other main problem is that they will be taking up Cap spaces which could have been taken up by promising young players.
Where are these promising young players????Our problem is being able to attract the quality players to our club

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5154
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:34 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 5:39 am
on the hill wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:09 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:17 pm
Signing Farah was a coach clutching at straws. A 9 game contact for a bloke stuck in reserves.
Clearly lost me that day.
He's not the long-term answer but we've been noticeably better since Farah joined us. We're playing him too many minutes for his age though.
If we had 13 players out there who made the team noticeably better with their inclusion we would be in the finals for sure. Farah's kicks etc I believe were made out of desperation at failed attempts by other specialists players. If next year Jacob can't play 26 or 30 tough games with big guys deliberately running at him every week for 80 minutes then we are gone next year guaranteed. Our spine was 100% rubbish before Farah was called in - it was worse than my school boy team, an embarrassment. If not for Farah LO would not have been sold out yesterday.
That is rubbish BBF - with or without Farah being there yesterday - there would not have been more than 321 people difference in the crowd.

TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:47 am

Farah has been good so far. People love to join the bandwagon, where were all the Farah haters last week? Or the wins vs Rabbitohs and Dragons.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22654
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:50 am

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:47 am
Farah has been good so far. People love to join the bandwagon, where were all the Farah haters last week? Or the wins vs Rabbitohs and Dragons.
I was saying he only looked so good because he’s been kept fresh this year. No way he lasts another off season than the entire season in 2019. He’ll look even more cooked than JT.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5154
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:53 am

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:47 am
Farah has been good so far. People love to join the bandwagon, where were all the Farah haters last week? Or the wins vs Rabbitohs and Dragons.
It is too easy to say that anybody that criticises Farah is a "Hater".

People are saying he had a bad game (was ordinary the week before as well) and that he should retire at the end of the season.

The guy will be even older and slower next year and if he goes around again be in the way of a better DH as it now stands.

You may be a Farah lover - that is good - to be blinded and not see the many short comings is ludicrous.

TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:56 am

Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:53 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:47 am
Farah has been good so far. People love to join the bandwagon, where were all the Farah haters last week? Or the wins vs Rabbitohs and Dragons.
It is too easy to say that anybody that criticises Farah is a "Hater".

People are saying he had a bad game (was ordinary the week before as well) and that he should retire at the end of the season.

The guy will be even older and slower next year and if he goes around again be in the way of a better DH as it now stands.

You may be a Farah lover - that is good - to be blinded and not see the many short comings is ludicrous.
I'm not a Farah lover, not even close to one. During the JT scandal, I was practically against Farah the whole time. However, I'm calling it how I see it, and what I'm seeing is that he's been good in his stint here so far. Compare our attack with him to our attack when we had ET at hooker. Having a bad game in the midst of some pretty good games should not equate to people calling for his retirement. Benji, on the other hand has been too inconsistent for mine and should really consider retiring.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2332
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:07 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:09 am
Masterton wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:51 am
I really want Benji & Farah hear next year..... on a small wage and as backups.
They won't want to be back ups, they want to be very regular first grade players and that is one of the the main problem. The other main problem is that they will be taking up Cap spaces which could have been taken up by promising young players.
Totally agree Newtown.

Just a shame they both managed to have their worst games yesterday. They have played great at times this season, but yesterday had me face-palming just like the old days.

Glad they could come back and it's been good to cheer for them again ("Go Robbie!!" certainly slides off the tonque as easily as ever) but father Time has caught up with them. Time to bite the bullet and plan for life after...

Droppy
Member
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri 13 Jun, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by Droppy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:56 am
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:53 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:47 am
Farah has been good so far. People love to join the bandwagon, where were all the Farah haters last week? Or the wins vs Rabbitohs and Dragons.
It is too easy to say that anybody that criticises Farah is a "Hater".

People are saying he had a bad game (was ordinary the week before as well) and that he should retire at the end of the season.

The guy will be even older and slower next year and if he goes around again be in the way of a better DH as it now stands.

You may be a Farah lover - that is good - to be blinded and not see the many short comings is ludicrous.
I'm not a Farah lover, not even close to one. During the JT scandal, I was practically against Farah the whole time. However, I'm calling it how I see it, and what I'm seeing is that he's been good in his stint here so far. Compare our attack with him to our attack when we had ET at hooker. Having a bad game in the midst of some pretty good games should not equate to people calling for his retirement. Benji, on the other hand has been too inconsistent for mine and should really consider retiring.
Agree. Easy to be critical when we get beaten. I don't see the same call when we win.Farah is better than Liddle even at 34. Liddle not in same league. ISP at best. If we get a better hooker than I'm happy for Farah to retire. Benji's best days are past unfortunately. He has beeb solid this year but inconsistent.

TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:21 pm

Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:56 am
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:53 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:47 am
Farah has been good so far. People love to join the bandwagon, where were all the Farah haters last week? Or the wins vs Rabbitohs and Dragons.
It is too easy to say that anybody that criticises Farah is a "Hater".

People are saying he had a bad game (was ordinary the week before as well) and that he should retire at the end of the season.

The guy will be even older and slower next year and if he goes around again be in the way of a better DH as it now stands.

You may be a Farah lover - that is good - to be blinded and not see the many short comings is ludicrous.
I'm not a Farah lover, not even close to one. During the JT scandal, I was practically against Farah the whole time. However, I'm calling it how I see it, and what I'm seeing is that he's been good in his stint here so far. Compare our attack with him to our attack when we had ET at hooker. Having a bad game in the midst of some pretty good games should not equate to people calling for his retirement. Benji, on the other hand has been too inconsistent for mine and should really consider retiring.
Agree. Easy to be critical when we get beaten. I don't see the same call when we win.Farah is better than Liddle even at 34. Liddle not in same league. ISP at best. If we get a better hooker than I'm happy for Farah to retire. Benji's best days are past unfortunately. He has beeb solid this year but inconsistent.
Exactly what I'm trying to say. As much as I love it, this forum is a very inconsistent place. Farah has been good so far, but at times does try to pull the heroic play and fail. I still believe he will be good for one more year.

However, your comments re: Liddle I don't agree with. He has potential to be a brilliant #9 for years to come if he can get his fitness and injuries sorted out and play a full season under his belt. Agree to disagree, however, as he still needs to prove it

Droppy
Member
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri 13 Jun, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by Droppy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:24 pm

Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:56 am
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:53 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:47 am
Farah has been good so far. People love to join the bandwagon, where were all the Farah haters last week? Or the wins vs Rabbitohs and Dragons.
It is too easy to say that anybody that criticises Farah is a "Hater".

People are saying he had a bad game (was ordinary the week before as well) and that he should retire at the end of the season.

The guy will be even older and slower next year and if he goes around again be in the way of a better DH as it now stands.

You may be a Farah lover - that is good - to be blinded and not see the many short comings is ludicrous.
I'm not a Farah lover, not even close to one. During the JT scandal, I was practically against Farah the whole time. However, I'm calling it how I see it, and what I'm seeing is that he's been good in his stint here so far. Compare our attack with him to our attack when we had ET at hooker. Having a bad game in the midst of some pretty good games should not equate to people calling for his retirement. Benji, on the other hand has been too inconsistent for mine and should really consider retiring.
Agree. Easy to be critical when we get beaten. I don't see the same call when we win.Farah is better than Liddle even at 34. Liddle not in same league. ISP at best. If we get a better hooker than I'm happy for Farah to retire. Benji's best days are past unfortunately. He has beeb solid this year but inconsistent.
To many ifs with Liddle. Not a tough built player. Hooker does the most tackling. Can't see him ever being that type of player.

Post Reply