**Live game thread**

Geo.

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by Geo. » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:31 am

Game should have ended on page 7
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:35 am

Eddie wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:28 am
gallagher wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:23 am
Eddie wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:50 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:45 pm

Fair post Eddie. My point of difference is that Farah/Marshall had plenty of years with a pack that competed well enough for them to produce results that a spine player should deliver. They didn't.
Brooks hasn't been afforded that luxury. Lawrence? Well a second rower can only do his job.
I disagree

In the year we had good forwards packs (Gareth Ellis) we made the Top 4 in 2010 and 2011.

You are dreaming if you think we had good forward packs under Sheens ? Do you really think that ?

You must not remember guys like Danny Galea playing in the front row under Sheens. Guys like Skando coming out of retirement twice ?!

We were soft as butter up the middle in several seasons. Even the year we won the comp our pack was considered by many to be decent but nothing to be feared.

Our pack has competed well enough this year. They did in 2014 too. Name me better forwards then Woods and Tapua that we have had ? This year we have 2 decent but not special props.
Ellis was here 2009 - 2012. Good packs all four years for 2 finals appearances that the two glory boys failed miserably in the big games. The 06 team that won the comp in 05 didn't even make the top 8.
They had good players around them.
Massive failures
Fair enough I cant argue they didn't under achieve in certain years.

However you then go onto lavish praise on Brooks?

A key position player who has never actually made it too a big game. Like Any sort of semi Final.

In 6 years.....

We had good players like Woods, Tapua, Tedesco, Addo Carr etc etc when brooks was around too.

We spend big money on our pack this season.

Im not arguing against Farah and Marshall so much but slightly confused by the whole Marshall and Farah are massive failures but Brooks is outstanding kind of line.

Thats all.
I just said he deserves better than what the club is surrounding him with. We are killing his career.
I don't think I've lavished praise on him but yes, I think he deserves better than what we're giving him.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:37 am

TIGER wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:03 pm
Why is everyone saying that we need hard running forwards for next year?

We got Packerlino, we're fine.

I really think we need another million dollar half
Because we need them a lot more then we need Nathan Cleary at the club.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:44 am

gallagher wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:35 am
Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Eddie wrote:

I disagree

In the year we had good forwards packs (Gareth Ellis) we made the Top 4 in 2010 and 2011.

You are dreaming if you think we had good forward packs under Sheens ? Do you really think that ?

You must not remember guys like Danny Galea playing in the front row under Sheens. Guys like Skando coming out of retirement twice ?!

We were soft as butter up the middle in several seasons. Even the year we won the comp our pack was considered by many to be decent but nothing to be feared.

Our pack has competed well enough this year. They did in 2014 too. Name me better forwards then Woods and Tapua that we have had ? This year we have 2 decent but not special props.
Ellis was here 2009 - 2012. Good packs all four years for 2 finals appearances that the two glory boys failed miserably in the big games. The 06 team that won the comp in 05 didn't even make the top 8.
Massive failures

A key position player who has never actually made it too a big game. Like Any sort of semi Final.

In 6 years.....

We had good players like Woods, Tapua, Tedesco, Addo Carr etc etc when brooks was around too.

Im not arguing against Farah and Marshall so much but slightly confused by the whole Marshall and Farah are massive failures but Brooks is outstanding kind of line.

Thats all.
I just said he deserves better than what the club is surrounding him with. We are killing his career.
I don't think I've lavished praise on him but yes, I think he deserves better than what we're giving him.
I agree in some respects.

However how exactly are we killing his career? What specifically are we doing wrong ?

Is it not recruitment enough marquee talent around him?

Is it losing guys like Addo Carr, Woods and Tedesco at a time where we were building a young and exciting roster?

Is it not having great facilities or coaches over the years?

Maybe to an extent. If so..

However it leads me to the same questions....

Did the club ruin some of Marshall and Farahs careers?

Not holding onto Scott Prince. Not signing enough talent around them for years?

You are fuming that Marshall and Farah are 3 from 15, yet Brooks is 0 from 6 as the halfback.

I just don't think you can have it both ways that is all/

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:47 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:31 am
Things seem positive on Page 8 Geo .......

Have another Cappuccino

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:52 am

Eddie wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:44 am
gallagher wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:35 am
Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Massive failures

In 6 years.....

Thats all.
I agree in some respects.

However how exactly are we killing his career? What specifically are we doing wrong ?

Is it not recruitment enough marquee talent around him?

Is it losing guys like Addo Carr, Woods and Tedesco at a time where we were building a young and exciting roster?

Is it not having great facilities or coaches over the years?

Maybe to an extent. If so..

However it leads me to the same questions....

Did the club ruin some of Marshall and Farahs careers?

Not holding onto Scott Prince. Not signing enough talent around them for years?

You are fuming that Marshall and Farah are 3 from 15, yet Brooks is 0 from 6 as the halfback.

I just don't think you can have it both ways that is all/
Yes, for a few years we did let them down with poor recruitment. But when we got it right they let us down.
We havnt got it right for Brooks yet.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:58 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:47 am
Geo. wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:31 am
Things seem positive on Page 8 Geo .......

Have another Cappuccino
Maccihiatto. .x2
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 4:51 am

In Thailand they can try the Asian RL cup but not too much argy bargy - the Filipinos demolished Thailand 86-0 a few years back and we don't want another diplomatic incident.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 5:51 am

glad I slept rather than watching the rest of that

what a disappointing end to the season

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:49 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 5:51 am

yes if we had gone to the ground but we were just lazy and cheap watching on Tv. At least we had hope until about 5 weeks ago - we knocked off this mob last time with a tiny team also Canberra giants so we overachieved.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:02 am

Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:37 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:30 pm

Him and Lawrence have been the shining light this year. They deserve better than the mob running this club.
They have been good this year. As has Benji and many of our squad players.

Brooks and Lawrence they have been around like Benji and Farah (players who have taken us to 3 finals in 15 years)

Brooks is 0 for 6 as our chief halfback. Duck egg.

Lawrence joined in 2006. The year after we won the competition. So he is what 2 from 13 or something?!

Im just saying people can draw up any narrative they want.

IF Brooks and Lawrence deserves better then the "mob running our club "why dont others have the same placed upon them that have been around for yonks ?
Fair post Eddie. My point of difference is that Farah/Marshall had plenty of years with a pack that competed well enough for them to produce results that a spine player should deliver. They didn't.
Brooks hasn't been afforded that luxury. Lawrence? Well a second rower can only do his job.
I disagree

Thats the truth of it.

We have never had a quality forward pack and have never played good hard structured football based around a forward pack.

Brooks's fans can offer up all the excuses they want looks to me like he went to water once Farah came back.

Thats on Luke Brooks and his mentality.
Its an opinion!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:15 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:02 am
Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 11:37 pm

They have been good this year. As has Benji and many of our squad players.

Brooks and Lawrence they have been around like Benji and Farah (players who have taken us to 3 finals in 15 years)

Brooks is 0 for 6 as our chief halfback. Duck egg.

Lawrence joined in 2006. The year after we won the competition. So he is what 2 from 13 or something?!

Im just saying people can draw up any narrative they want.

IF Brooks and Lawrence deserves better then the "mob running our club "why dont others have the same placed upon them that have been around for yonks ?
I disagree

Thats the truth of it.

We have never had a quality forward pack and have never played good hard structured football based around a forward pack.

Brooks's fans can offer up all the excuses they want looks to me like he went to water once Farah came back.

Where is the logic? Our forwards get rolled and you're having a go at Brooks!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:43 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:15 am
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:02 am
Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:

I disagree

Thats the truth of it.

Where is the logic? Our forwards get rolled and you're having a go at Brooks!
Thats some good selective reading youve got there Paws

I didnt blame Brooks for last night.
Its an opinion!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:10 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:49 am
Tigerdave wrote:

yes if we had gone to the ground but we were just lazy and cheap watching on Tv.
lazy and cheap??? don't live in Sydney and not everyone has the funds to fly

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:35 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:10 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:49 am
Tigerdave wrote:

yes if we had gone to the ground but we were just lazy and cheap watching on Tv.
lazy and cheap??? don't live in Sydney and not everyone has the funds to fly
I would not fly to see any one-event sport even if they had JC on the wing, Abraham and Moses as forwards and Solomon as referee.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:38 am

But if they had Hercules and Samson opposing Lomu and Big Sam I would be there

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:41 am

Looks like someone had a green breakfast.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...