Lazzo's game

westTAHger

Re: Lazzo's game

Post by westTAHger » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 9:52 pm

MacDougall wrote:Give him a break. He started the game well. I though he looked alright. A few unfortunate errors and his head went down. He's a good player, I hope he gets a start next week but I doubt it. If they drop him I just hope Taumata is back.
I do hope he gets another go next week.
he will be good for wests-tigers.
we just need to be patient.
could it be he tried too hard, and was dis-appointed in himself, tried to prove too much.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:48 pm

Why was he hooked.
I saw him getting treated for a cramp, seemed to get over it very quick, next I know hes gone for at least the last ten mins...did they say on the covergae?

Danos

Post by Danos » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:52 pm

senexx wrote:Given he was moved all over the park, it is impossible to tell how he goes at halfback.
The were constantly trying to hide him in the defensive line.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:54 pm

I am a massive fan of Lazo's.

But it did appear he got hooked.

If so, Sheensy rarely plays blokes the following week who were hooked. I am already dreading Fitzy being the half until Lui comes back.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:54 pm

Not the best night for young Blake and while he may be there to take on the Panthers, I reckon Lui will come straight back in when he's fit. It was a tough night all round for the Tigers, too much defence, the forwards were dominated and the backs never had a good platform to play off.

Danos

Post by Danos » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:Why was he hooked.
I saw him getting treated for a cramp, seemed to get over it very quick, next I know hes gone for at least the last ten mins...did they say on the covergae?
Dunno. Cramp might have had something to do with it, but I think he was just hooked. He was limping slightly, but he didn't put his hand up and say he was cactus, it looked like Leedsy was given the message to take him off.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:58 pm

Lots of players limp when the miss a tackle that leads to a try, or they get hooked.
Gees...harsh to be hooked on debut.
Hardly gunna do his confidence much good, we were as good as gone anyway...I dont get Sheens, he dont use the bench when he should, and does when he shouldnt

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:59 pm

Kaiser wrote:
Tigerstripes wrote:The bulldogs were rubbish tonight. A team in form would have put 30 on us in the first half.
Spot on... The dogs have nothing... they'll get smashed next week regardless of who they are playing
I disagree about that...they had enough ball...but our defence in the first half was outstanding....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:Lots of players limp when the miss a tackle that leads to a try, or they get hooked.
Gees...harsh to be hooked on debut.
Hardly gunna do his confidence much good, we were as good as gone anyway...I dont get Sheens, he dont use the bench when he should, and does when he shouldnt
He wasn't hooked he was stuffed ....big step up to the pace of a first grade game.....
Ivan's Laws

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:05 pm

Stuffed?
He made like 6 tackles, kicked twice and ran it 7 or 8 times
He was defending on the wing.
I dont see how fatigue is the case here

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:09 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote: also can someone punch ennis if they see him please :lol:
he was really annoying, he celebrates like a douche, even early in the game. Starts flexing his bicep like a tool
Bring Back Dr Pepper -- Tiger Blood

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:10 pm

He was puffing on the bench......

It was Sheens masterplan to get Daniella into the game....
Ivan's Laws

Staks

Post by Staks » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:13 pm

It's hard for any halfback to come into the Wests Tigers team and really try and have any sort of impact when you have dominating players as Farah and Marshall beside you. Sometimes I think maybe its best for the team that Farah moves to halfback and a defensive hooker is brought in to plug a few holes... but then I remember how good he is out of dummy half....

It also didn't help tonight that the defensive effort in the first half drained all the energy out of the team... the refs didn't help either.
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:18 pm

I like the raps on the kid but he had a shocker tonight. Apart from the try saver on Morris, he was very disappointing. I feel for him.

Of course he was hooked. Leeds was almost screaming for him to get off so they get someone else on. Not gonna be good for his confidence. But, on that performance I don't think he is ready for the NRL. Reality is, he's played what... 5 games in in 2 years. He needs some consistent week to week playing time to in the State Cup - if he has the potential that people say he has he really should start to run amok in the State Cup. If he doesn't then I don't think he has what it takes.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:21 pm

djm619 wrote:Yeah he didn't go well, I'd still have him there next week though. It was a tough game and he shifted a lot, hell even Robbie and Benji didn't go well.

Sorry Lazzo is NOT ready for NRL...He just wasn't up to it and it showed..Robbie and Benji tried too hard to compensate for his shortcomings, that is why they didn't play well!!..I was afraid of this...Since Moltzen went off our attack has looked, disorganized, panicked and pedestrian....gee I hope things improve when Lui gets back,

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:24 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:I am a massive fan of Lazo's.

But it did appear he got hooked.

If so, Sheensy rarely plays blokes the following week who were hooked. I am already dreading Fitzy being the half until Lui comes back.

sorry for the kid but he get hooked!....oh well don't know until you try and now we know!...I hope he comes good with a full year of State Cup underneath him...at least this taste of NRL should spur him to try his best!

SCOB

Post by SCOB » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:27 pm

He looked like a boy in a mans game. Bad debut for the young fella.
Very disapointing after all the talk. Wonder what Sheens will do with him next week?
SCOB by name
SCOB by nature

MGB

Post by MGB » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:30 pm

Hard to judge him based on that. Too much stuffing around with positions, no chance to get settled.