Lazzo's game

helmesy

Re: Lazzo's game

Post by helmesy » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:07 pm

I liken Lazarus' performance to that of the entire Tigers team.

If you watched that one game you would think we were a very ordinary team - there is much improvement for both on that outing.

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:30 pm

The one thing that really bugged the crap out of me about Lazarus' game was that when Robbie kicked the 40/20 (one of the best momentum turners in any game of RL) and the team were buzzing and high fiving ..... Lazarus went down with cramp and needed attention. The momentum stopped dead in its tracks. As a halfback, he needs to be getting down field and getting the play ready to go. You could see our team look around and wonder what was going on. It also gave the Bulldogs a rest and then a fresh defensive set. In this position he needs to toughen up and play through the pain barrier - even just to feed the scrum and then receive treatment. It is all experience though and i guess he will learn, but those are the little signs between being a class first grader or an also ran.

I am prepared to give the kid another chance, however i think he got too caught up in emotion and trying to impress people with running too much and then when that didn't work kicking early. Seemed as though he was playing for himself.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:36 pm

towntiger wrote: however i think he got too caught up in emotion and trying to impress people with running too much and then when that didn't work kicking early. Seemed as though he was playing for himself.
If you knew the coach's instructions to him, you would retract this statement..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:38 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
towntiger wrote: however i think he got too caught up in emotion and trying to impress people with running too much and then when that didn't work kicking early. Seemed as though he was playing for himself.
What where they?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:50 pm

Geo. wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote:
What where they?
Let's just say..Sheens gave him direct orders to run at certain Bulldogs players.
It was Tim's way to blood him into the contact of NRL.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:01 pm

Well im impressed.
However most here dont have access to players or sheens direct orders, so us plebs have to assume most of the time.
Its OK...we're sorry if its annoying.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 2:59 am

In the first half Blake ran it on the last but it looked like he didn't know it was the last. He was second receiver and Benji was first receiver. There was nothing on. He needed to kick it. Just as he was getting tackled I think someone yelled out "last tackle" so he passed it out the back and the ball went 10 meters back along the ground. Every player in the team needs to count how many tackles the team has used up in the set of 6. Especially the halfback.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 9:52 am

No need to count, just listen to the ref.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 2:31 pm

innsaneink wrote:No need to count, just listen to the ref.
Well he obviously didn't do that either. Not trying to bag him out or anything but at times he looked asleep out there. I would have thought being his first game in first grade he would have been fired up. I didn't expect him to be outstanding in his first match but I expected more than what he showed. He knew Lui and Taumata would be back from injury soon and I think he needed to show more to keep his spot.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 12:39 pm

The selection of Lazarus was a big risk and it didn't come off. He was out of his depth. I'd argue that it was unfair to pick him as he hasn't played enough in the lower grades albeit that he may have done well in the games he played.

Its just another case where a player may look a world beater in second grade but fall flat on their face in the big time.

wt4lyf

Post by wt4lyf » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 12:53 pm

Knuckles wrote:The selection of Lazarus was a big risk and it didn't come off. He was out of his depth. I'd argue that it was unfair to pick him as he hasn't played enough in the lower grades albeit that he may have done well in the games he played.

Its just another case where a player may look a world beater in second grade but fall flat on their face in the big time.
i agree with knuckles although i loved his defence on the flanks
would love to see him get more involved though at times he looked dangerous, running at small holes in the defensive line..give him time he will fit in perfectly with benji though
i think he will take same path moltzen did
My best is yet to come- B. Marshall
TheJungleee.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 410&ref=ts

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 1:00 pm

Which one of our playmakers actually looked good on Friday though?

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 1:03 pm

smeghead wrote:Which one of our playmakers actually looked good on Friday though?
None of them looked good ............ but i think Blake looked less good than those that weren't good (I think I've worded that right !).

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 1:14 pm

Fair enough.

I didn't think he was great nor was he terrible.

I would like to see him get a chance with a forward pack of some substance and more than one full training run before in the week preceeding the game before I pass any real judgement

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 2:13 pm

smeghead wrote:Fair enough.

I didn't think he was great nor was he terrible.

I would like to see him get a chance with a forward pack of some substance and more than one full training run before in the week preceeding the game before I pass any real judgement
Yeah thats fair enough too Smeg ........ but in appearance, he looks too light on though. You don't want a bloke in the team that you have to hide up in defense. We've got enough of those already lol

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 2:20 pm

It's a tough one.

In the line I didn't think he was that bad in defence. He made a rookie error of trying to do a Kimmorley like chase on his kicks and got stood up by Patten. In future when working in a kick chase team instead of individually I don't think it will be a problem.

I thought he defended best when defending between Ellis and Ayshford at stages. Than again defending on the wing he made alot better choices than Benji did when he was in the same position.

I am not against having Taumata off the bench as it will also show what he has to offer but the reality is we have Moltzen gone for the season and Lui gone for at least another week OI believe so lets do the blooding of players right. You never know when you may need to call on them again

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 2:34 pm

Dogs had and have nothing - I still believe they wont make the finals

We dropped to much ball when we were in possesion and the mountain of D told at the end of the game.

The fluked a few trys at the death. I woulnt be to happy if I was a dogs supporter.

We will have gotton more out of that loss than any win IMO.

Really guttsy in light of the fact that we had some notable players out.

Were are looking better than ever.

Final note - poor Laz - Hell of a debut.
UTT - Up The Tigers