Fitzy

Jazza

Re: Fitzy

Post by Jazza » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:20 pm

Golden wrote:imagine if we have Tuaki dam if we get him back somtime this year Fitzy will be gone forever I hope
Nahhhh, he'll just go to the bench then.

I thought he did ok tonight though I'll give him that.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:21 pm

no comment
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:29 pm

He may do ok in defence but gee he gets tackled to easy and to make matters worse gets dominated in the tackles which doesnt give us a quick play the ball.

Hes the only selection i dont agree with.

alien

Post by alien » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 4:30 pm

Just before the Bulldogs scored their second try they made a break. Who missed the tackle to allow Canterbury to make that break? I think it was Fitzhenry. He isn't good in attack or defence. I can't believe he is still in firstgrade. Pritchard should get the right wing spot next week.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:33 pm

alien wrote:Just before the Bulldogs scored their second try they made a break. Who missed the tackle to allow Canterbury to make that break? I think it was Fitzhenry. He isn't good in attack or defence. I can't believe he is still in firstgrade. Pritchard should get the right wing spot next week.
Lazarus and Ayshford went the same way at marker, that allowed Goodwin to get behind them and he went through arm grabs from Ellis and Fitzhenry I think. There were 4 poor attempts to tackle.

On Fitzy, I thought he went ok. Mostly tackled well and than hid on the wing in attack so Lazarus could be halfback.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:37 pm

Can Pritchard defend at half at an NRL level for large portions of the game? Can he play alot of positions when everyone is getting rotated around?

I am all for saying when a player had a bad game and I am quite forward that Daniel would not be in my side but he really busted a hump out there last night.

Lazarus' fatigue showed the massive step up in intensity to NRL from State Cup last night and that is for a half who generally does more intense movement and more movement than a winger or centre. I think it is a big ask to want a State Cup player to come in and do what Fitzy was asked to do last night.

domster9

Post by domster9 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:41 pm

If Fitzy was not in the team who would we bag out??

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:47 pm

Allan Towle wrote: Lazarus and Ayshford went the same way at marker, that allowed Goodwin to get behind them and he went through arm grabs from Ellis and Fitzhenry I think. There were 4 poor attempts to tackle.

On Fitzy, I thought he went ok. Mostly tackled well and than hid on the wing in attack so Lazarus could be halfback.
Glad to someone else on here has some clue...
That marker read happened right in front of me. There was a slight split second lack of urgency by the young fellas in Ayshford and Lazarus, which allowed Goodwin to catch a retreating couple of other players who had to COVER in defence...
But some mongs will just look for a scapegoat regardless..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:48 pm

Allan Towle wrote:
alien wrote:Just before the Bulldogs scored their second try they made a break. Who missed the tackle to allow Canterbury to make that break? I think it was Fitzhenry. He isn't good in attack or defence. I can't believe he is still in firstgrade. Pritchard should get the right wing spot next week.
Lazarus and Ayshford went the same way at marker, that allowed Goodwin to get behind them and he went through arm grabs from Ellis and Fitzhenry I think. There were 4 poor attempts to tackle.

The marker defence in general was poor.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:50 pm

domster9 wrote:If Fitzy was not in the team who would we bag out??

Robert Lui will be back soon...

alien

Post by alien » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 4:12 am

Allan Towle wrote:

Both markers (Ayshford and Lazarus) went right (the blind side) and Goodwin actually went right first and then stepped inside them both. Ellis came across with an arm grab but didn't get a good enough hold on him. Fitzy was back a little bit more than Ellis was and Fitzy came across and Goodwin ran around Fitzy on the outside but Fitzy was in a good enough position but the attempted tackle just wasn't good enough.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 4:24 am

I expected the FWO to come to Fitzy's defence. I am just telling it how it is OK. Fitzy came to Goodwin and Goodwin easily stepped around him and Fitzy just stuck an arm out at Goodwin's waste. It was garbage. It was about as effective as a boom gate trying to stop a Mack truck travelling 100k/hr. Some people need to open their eyes.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 4:39 am

Ellis and Fitzhenry weren't retreating. Lazarus and Ayshford were the only ones retreating and that was only after Goodwin stepped inside them both and Ellis only ran backwards after Goodwin already had him beat. Fitzy came infield a bit and maybe back a little but that was because he should have come in a bit sooner. Goodwin easily ran around him. Fitzy was a turnstyle/boomgate.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 9:13 am

certaintly didn't cost us the game. but stats show 5 missed tackles and isn't great in reading the play...

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:08 pm

A great defensive effort from Fitzhenry in the game, more tackles than anyone else in the backline.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

alien

Post by alien » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 2:20 pm

senexx wrote:A great defensive effort from Fitzhenry in the game, more tackles than anyone else in the backline.
:lol: yeah the turnstyle was outstanding! :lol:

Mona Lolesi

Post by Mona Lolesi » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 2:57 pm

His attempt to defuse the kick for the 3rd try was nothing short of pathetic.

He stood there like a stunned mullet and showed absolutely no urgency for the ball.

He wasn't the reason we lost, but I daresay if any of you think that was a good performance, then I'd hate to be your partner.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 9:33 pm

LOL...good one moaner