Sheens' Blunder

Bazzinator

Re: Sheens' Blunder

Post by Bazzinator » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:31 am

^He took a knock to his knee so Willie was called in. definately need galloway and payten back as well as cayless ASAP

Tigerstripes

Post by Tigerstripes » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 7:38 am

Thaiger14 wrote:A few issues I had:

-Why would Sheens play Farah at first receiver during a stage of the 2nd half when the momentum of the game from both sides was clearing dominating from the ruck? Quick play the balls and one up running from dummy half was the common theme and we had our most dangerous player at first receiver? Yes good move sheens
-I don't see what Tim Sheens fascination is with Fitzhenry. He played average tonight better then others admittidely, but does average mean you deserve a first grade jersy over other potential up and comers? He offers NOTHING to the team and is taking a position a younger player could fill and gain experience in. Sheens move on from this 'utility' metanlity that you have because I assure you it will not get you into a final series.
-Playing no props on the bench - if you are going to play a light weight (Daniella) than at least give someone like Tuamata a run - at least he will offer something to the team that someone in the starting lineup already doesnt have.

With decisions like this it is no wonder sheens has only taken us to the final series once in his 7 year reign and why we are one of two teams who have not made the finals since 2005. Its not good enough

Fantastic post - could not agree more.

However, don't expect Sheens to change

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:03 am

Bench selection and use there of! and the continued selection of a reserve grade player.I could not care less about last nights loss but the coach has to promote a player/players that are of top grade standard .

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:38 am

Thaiger14 wrote:A few issues I had:
-Playing no props on the bench - if you are going to play a light weight (Daniella) than at least give someone like Tuamata a run - at least he will offer something to the team that someone in the starting lineup already doesnt have.
Why do people keep saying Taumata should be on the bench? He's injured!!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:51 am

Moors seemed to play limited minutes as well. When he came on he looked good with the ball in hand. Defensively a little lazy though

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:09 am

I would prefer another prop on the bench as well but I don't the make up of the bench had much to with our performance last night.

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:47 am

yea let's blame Sheens for the loss. this loss came down to one thing...we had no petrol in the tank after defending with so much vigor for the entire first half.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:51 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Why was Shirnack replaced by a wide running second rower?
Best direct that question to Sheens Hybrid. Buggered if I know to be honest. I'm a fan of Mataka but he's clearly not a front rower and I'm not sure who else Sheens could have used from the lower grades that has constantly impressed each week in the front row.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:54 am

willow wrote:
Best direct that question to Sheens Hybrid. Buggered if I know to be honest. I'm a fan of Mataka but he's clearly not a front rower and I'm not sure who else Sheens could have used from the lower grades that has constantly impressed each week in the front row.
Honestly, I can't work it out, it's not rocket science. Going into a match with only two props, both starting, and one of whom has only played four games of first grade, is just ridiculous.

If a prop is out, how hard is it to replace him with a prop?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:59 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
Honestly, I can't work it out, it's not rocket science. Going into a match with only two props, both starting, and one of whom has only played four games of first grade, is just ridiculous.

If a prop is out, how hard is it to replace him with a prop?
I hear what you're saying Hybrid...I just don't know of any other props in the Tigers ranks who could have made the step up last night.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:05 am

That may be the problem you know.

Looking at it out of the squad who has actually done any recent training with the squad what props remain available?

Gower trained with them in the off season but has not since than from what I know.

Dave Fifita is currently injured as well

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:08 am

We still need another prop. Sign Jeff Lima please, for next season.

Galloway, Gibbs, Lima, A.Fifita, Payten. Then the younger brigade like Shirnack, Woods, D.Fifita etc.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:14 am

Wests Tigers courage was outstanding. two people were directly responsible for the loss and their surnames are Sheens and Maxwell.

The Fonz should have his nick name changed to 'Koala Bear' because he is a deadset protected species on this forum.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:18 am

:lol: Oh Bug

Simply tell me which prop has had any training with Wests Tigers at all to warrant being called in for a late week injury who was available last night

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:19 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Wests Tigers courage was outstanding. two people were directly responsible for the loss and their surnames are Sheens and Maxwell.

The Fonz should have his nick name changed to 'Koala Bear' because he is a deadset protected species on this forum.
You obviously haven't read the posts again Bug....

Maxwell is the ref....it's his job to screw Wests over...

Sheens is soley resposible for this loss ...no excusses

P.s. I personally don't believe Schirnack's withdrawal was a late as being made out....otherwise Sheens would have to pull Mataka out of the crowd....He was playing well before kick off....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:20 am

Whilst I don't blame Sheens for the loss, like everyone else I really question the bench.

Sheens himself has said that we have had a really tough schedule, the boys were severley drained of energy from last week and spent most of the week training in the pool recovering and yet he ran a small bench and only used 15 players for the first 60mins, is he trying to kill them or what??

Surely when he knows all this himself and would expect a big game from the Bulldogs up front the only option is 4 forwards on the bench, one of which is Flannagan which means he can cover a backs position. Not sure if anyone noticed towards the end when they scored their couple of tries in a row but Gibbs made a tackle and was that out on his feet he could barely get to his feet and defend next to the ruck, he played 80mins last week and not sure how many he played this week but it must have been big numbers.

I just don't get it!!

willow

Post by willow » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:25 am

beachtiger wrote:Whilst I don't blame Sheens for the loss, like everyone else I really question the bench.

Sheens himself has said that we have had a really tough schedule, the boys were severley drained of energy from last week and spent most of the week training in the pool recovering and yet he ran a small bench and only used 15 players for the first 60mins, is he trying to kill them or what??

Surely when he knows all this himself and would expect a big game from the Bulldogs up front the only option is 4 forwards on the bench, one of which is Flannagan which means he can cover a backs position. Not sure if anyone noticed towards the end when they scored their couple of tries in a row but Gibbs made a tackle and was that out on his feet he could barely get to his feet and defend next to the ruck, he played 80mins last week and not sure how many he played this week but it must have been big numbers.

I just don't get it!!
Simmons controls the use of the interchange bench.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:28 am

smeghead wrote::lol: Oh Bug

Simply tell me which prop has had any training with Wests Tigers at all to warrant being called in for a late week injury who was available last night
Smeg, I really don't think it is a concern if they've trained with the team or not. It's a prop - come off the bench, catch the ball, smash into the defensive line, play the ball.

If it was a halfback, fullback, centre etc. etc. then I could understand, but all we needed was some go-forward. Going into a game with two props (one who has only played four FG games) was ridiculous.