Sheens' Blunder

beachtiger

Re: Sheens' Blunder

Post by beachtiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:29 am

willow wrote:
beachtiger wrote:Whilst I don't blame Sheens for the loss, like everyone else I really question the bench.

Sheens himself has said that we have had a really tough schedule, the boys were severley drained of energy from last week and spent most of the week training in the pool recovering and yet he ran a small bench and only used 15 players for the first 60mins, is he trying to kill them or what??

Surely when he knows all this himself and would expect a big game from the Bulldogs up front the only option is 4 forwards on the bench, one of which is Flannagan which means he can cover a backs position. Not sure if anyone noticed towards the end when they scored their couple of tries in a row but Gibbs made a tackle and was that out on his feet he could barely get to his feet and defend next to the ruck, he played 80mins last week and not sure how many he played this week but it must have been big numbers.

I just don't get it!!
Simmons controls the use of the interchange bench.
Yeah that may be the case but Sheens has a farily big input leading into the game in regards to their game plan and he also selects the team.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:30 am

willow wrote:
Thats crap.
We heard sheens a few weeks ago making a change, 9's cameras and audio picked it up

Looks like this newfound depth we have this year isnt as deep as we all thought

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:31 am

People seem to forget that as a coach, you dont get the statistics of one semi final appearance in 15 years because you are a coaching genius.

You get those type of statistcs because you are a poor coach.

So when it comes to bench make up etc, when you are a poor coach how can you put a decent bench together?

You cant.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:34 am

Balmain Bug wrote:People seem to forget that as a coach, you dont get the statistics of one semi final appearance in 15 years because you are a coaching genius.

You get those type of statistcs because you are a poor coach.

So when it comes to bench make up etc, when you are a poor coach how can you put a decent bench together?

You cant.
Are you saying the Bench cost us the game?

Or was it the etc....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:34 am

innsaneink wrote:
willow wrote:
Thats crap.
We heard sheens a few weeks ago making a change, 9's cameras and audio picked it up

Looks like this newfound depth we have this year isnt as deep as we all thought

Our depth is ok.

Considering the only top 40 listed front rowers available last night were Gibbs & Fifita. Moors as well I guess we did ok.

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:30 pm

steven_tiger wrote:Biggest issue tonight was a lack of another front rower on the bench!

Already missing Galloway and Payten, Sheens opts to not use Shirnack (who I think has been quite good in first grade) and put it Mataka.

Don't get me wrong, Mataka is a good player, but prop forward he isn't.

This, coupled with Fifita starting (which isn't his go yet) was a bad move.

Moors did pretty well, but gee he looks good when he's out wide. He looked like he was going to cut them up a couple of times when he was running out wider tonight.

We desperately need our big boppers back!
I agree Mataka isn't a prop, but seriously who was Sheens to pick? We are running short on props. Cayless, Galloway, Woods, Tupou, D. Fifita, Shirnack all injured. What is the bloke to do?

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:20 pm

The use of the bench was poor. 2 players kept until the 60th minute under that defensive effort is dumb. Daniella did nothing wrong but a prop would have been much more of a need, than an outside back. Mataka was good. Would have been nice to have seen more of him last night. I thought Fitzhenry was good. Tackled well and thats what he was there to do. In attack, he went out to the wing and let Lazarus have a say. I thought it worked well there.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 11:47 am

I was surprised only 15 players were used for 60 minutes, its usually 16 with fresh legs coming on in the 60th

Also Fifita has impressed the hell out of me. Moors hasn't.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris