Take Out Galloway and our packs the worst in the comp.

hadds75

Take Out Galloway and our packs the worst in the comp.

Post by hadds75 » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:02 pm

Yes Cayless and Payten were out tonight as well, but the last two weeks have shown the exact same problem that was shown when GAlloway was out for six weeks last year.

Our pack is the worst in the comp without Galloway. Ellis is a great defender, a scary defender, but he hardly ever poses a great threat in attack. Fulton, Heighington and Gibbs are the same. We played a very light and very average pack tonight and were outplayed easily.

The last two weeks we have got no piggy back penalties at all and constantly been working from our own half and what the last two weeks have shown is we cant make metres through the middle again. How many times do we take three hit ups and go bang,bang, bang we are 30 metres down field. Not once.

The last two weeks we would of been lucky to have had 20 tackles in the opposition 20 combined. Fact.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:03 pm

Right.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:05 pm

and what would of cayless done tonight? please. I disagree with your thread. like i said bulldogs were just hungrier. its all about timing
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Danos

Post by Danos » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:08 pm

Gibbs > Galloway so far this season, IMO of coarse. Bruce is going great guns. We do miss the the big redhead though. Cayless is no loss.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:18 pm

Todd & Kilo, along with Moltzen were all big losses, the props particulary....Dogs lapped us in meteres gained, and Ron trys to tell me earlier you dont need to win the ruck. :roll:

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:20 pm

Gibbs is going great, carrying some other guys. All our players hvae somthing good to them but we have absolutely no metres in them at all. They all try hard, have the work rate, but when the chips down noone can get us out of trouble while most other sides have 3-4 forwards who can just fire up and get them to the 30-40 metre line in 4 tackles and get them out of trouble. I dont know how thats debatable even, you only have to remember what it was like when galloway was out last week and the last two weeks.

pug306

Post by pug306 » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:23 pm

Our Forward pack can defend,
but can't bend the line the other way without Keith.

I love how our forwards have stood up defensively,
but you need that mix of attack & defence,
& tonight we didn't have it.

Dogs were more hungier,
but our forwards didn't have the bite,
to get us even level.

Gibbs has really improved this year,
but Galloway is our best attacking forward by a mile.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:Todd & Kilo, along with Moltzen were all big losses, the props particulary....Dogs lapped us in meteres gained, and Ron trys to tell me earlier you dont need to win the ruck. :roll:
I'm not surprised with the possession they had....Fifita and Gibbs were great ....we did miss Sauce

We weren't given much of a chance in the ruck.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:27 pm

We had our chances but didnt take them (drop balls/penalties in possesion)

bob56

Post by bob56 » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:32 pm

Keith played against the Chooks & we were really smashed. No Bryce though, maybe we need both of them?

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:45 pm

wouldnt say we are the worst......again we are seeing the results of another off season of sub standard recruitment.....there are three certaintys in life...death, taxes and Galloway and Payten will suffer long term injuries some time during a season.....when you buy blokes like Moops, Payless and Fulton, when players like Burgess and Dave Taylor were avaliable, you can see why we got smashed by a forward pack that has been going like busteds

ryno_0000

Post by ryno_0000 » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:53 pm

Well as for tonight, Gibbs stood up and showed everyone why hes a starting prop, his stats were just off Andrew Ryans, and he made big tackles and runs. In my opinion he was the man of the match tonight, whole time he was on hes going a hundred mile and hr. And as for Fulton, he stood up today aswell, the way he was linking up with the outside backs was great, things are looking good from this game even though it wasnt the best outcome.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Fri 16 Apr, 2010 11:58 pm

our pack is still small and lacks mongrel. It may not look that bad each week, but this franchise has never had a dominant pack -in games like that it stands out like dogs balls. Sure Red would have made a difference but we were schoolboys tonight. The Dogs were depleted and still rolled us. Both guys have had stellar starts this season but Gibbs and Fifita were average tonight along withall forwards .. note we had bugger all ball so they were stuffed. IMO Not one of our fowards stood up but GE did his best. Fitzy!!! was a stand out, hands down. Blake L ... whats the hype, seriously the gap between Farah and Marshall was silly. Ok first game but quite poor

BUT our defence in the 1st hallf was amazing. Pity our stars did not stand up tonight. Great defence for 40 mins, overall it puts us back in middle 8 of the comp in terms of form and prospects
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

Cats Fan

Post by Cats Fan » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:02 am

We couldn't hold the ball, that was our problem.

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:09 am

Some people on here have absolutely no idea whatsoever. Tonight I saw a pack, hell a team, that in the last 2 weeks has shown more heart and steel in defense than any other Wests Tigers side before it.

This was a team that has gone from Canberra, to Townsville and back to Sydney over the last 3 weeks that has had to make nearly 10 sets more worth of tackling than the opposition. This was a team that still, 70 minutes in, despite having to tackle tackle tackle for an eternity still trying to hold on.

But, if you want to come to the conclusion that when Galloway isn't there we are a lousy pack, well good luck to you.

gctiger

Post by gctiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:14 am

Where was galloway? Wasnt he only supposed to miss last weeks game? I'm starting to think there is something wrong with our medical team.The fulton needle,Tuiaki,indefinate,Tupou,indefinate,Dwyer,indefinate,the Cayless nut boil.When will these blokes get on the field?

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:39 am

spaceman wrote:wouldnt say we are the worst......again we are seeing the results of another off season of sub standard recruitment.....there are three certaintys in life...death, taxes and Galloway and Payten will suffer long term injuries some time during a season.....when you buy blokes like Moops, Payless and Fulton, when players like Burgess and Dave Taylor were avaliable, you can see why we got smashed by a forward pack that has been going like busteds
Burgess took a lot of coin and the influence from Rusty to get him to Souths and I wouldn’t swap Taylor for Galloway, Gibbs or the potential of Fifita for that matter, Taylor was portrayed as a superstar last week because he put in a kick that was scored from, geez Dallas Donnelly was doing that 3 decades ago, and also kicked goals and field goals for good measure, Moors is still young and cheap, Cayless was cheap and Fulton does his job, and all three combined likely cost us a lot less that either Burgess or Taylor alone.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 7:43 am

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:Some people on here have absolutely no idea whatsoever. Tonight I saw a pack, hell a team, that in the last 2 weeks has shown more heart and steel in defense than any other Wests Tigers side before it.

This was a team that has gone from Canberra, to Townsville and back to Sydney over the last 3 weeks that has had to make nearly 10 sets more worth of tackling than the opposition. This was a team that still, 70 minutes in, despite having to tackle tackle tackle for an eternity still trying to hold on.

But, if you want to come to the conclusion that when Galloway isn't there we are a lousy pack, well good luck to you.
I agree. The pack was outstanding in defence tonight. Fulton, Gibbs, Fifita and Ellis were amongst our best players on the field. Our problem is rotation. We used all that gas in defence in the first half we needed some more forwards on the bench. I still don't have a clue why Daniella was on the bench.

I haven't seen much lower grades this year but we need a couple of forwards to put on the bench that can play about 10 -15 minutes a half, hold their own in defence and bend the line in attack. Do we have any players in reserve grade than can do it? If not I would go for Murdoch from the 20's.