Maxwell Sux Big Kahunas

red dogg

Re: Maxwell Sux Big Kahunas

Post by red dogg » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 8:31 pm

i also thought we were hard done by when gibbs belted and drove back one of there props ( could of been hickey ) and was penaltised for layin down on him, it was one of the most dominate tackles ive seen this yr... and i may be biased but i didnt think he was on him for all that long.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 11:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:
I thought the scrum was in line with where he was tackled...I was down the other end of the field.
I'd have to watch it again but IIRC the scrum was a tackle later closer to the half way line. Benji was tackled about 25-30m out from memory.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 11:19 pm

Geo. wrote:
jezz wrote:does anyone know an email address we can send our thoughts to?
Finch, the NRL, anyone other than the telecrap that can actually reply? would love to see what their excuse and claims are, see how they will back maxwell (and the rest of them) up
info@talkinsport.com.au ........Attention Bill Harrigan answers all things in regard to Refs,,,,,On from 6pm every Monday

Good Luck......
Don't waste your time. Harrigan is even worse than those bozos on Friday night. He probably thinks they went alright. Anyway I see in the the papers that nearly every journo there thought the refereeing was dodgy so it's not just us. Suttor was at it again today in the Souths v Parra game.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 7:08 am

red dogg wrote:i also thought we were hard done by when gibbs belted and drove back one of there props ( could of been hickey ) and was penaltised for layin down on him, it was one of the most dominate tackles ive seen this yr... and i may be biased but i didnt think he was on him for all that long.
Was at the game so don't know for sure if dominant was called but surely it must have been. It was a crap decision and even the bulldog fans near us couldn't believe it.

People say Bryce gives away a lot of penalties but that was a dud call in a night of many dud calls against the tigers.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 7:13 am

Tigerpete wrote:I don't blame Maxwell himself a great deal. He and his other nuffies officiating came up with 2 blunders that should not be tolerated or accepted by Robert Finch.

1. Calling back the play after the dogs lost possesion where despite 2 passes they decided to rule a no advantage,

2. Turner taking down Marshall without the ball.

For me those 2 incidents should probably see all four officials reprimanded for poor form and put on notice. Having said that, we were poor, didn't deserve to win and got what we deserved. I saw someone mention in an earlier post, we just seemed to try and score off every play.
The Marshall one was one of the worst decisions I have seen in my long time of going to league. I was near the other end of the field and still saw that he was tackled without the ball.

The worse thing is that there was 3 replays on the screen before the scrum was packed. You would think the video referee could say tackled without the ball; penalty tigers and 10 in the bin for the professional foul.

The men in pink have far too much influence. Finch has to go. Hopefully Maxwell never gets appointed to another tigers game.

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 8:29 am

yeah i called the police,i thought he was a crook :evil:

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 8:48 am

This is the last I will say on this reff.

The call of obstruction. If that were in the process of going for a try would the try have been awarded?

I think yes as he made no contact with anybody in the defensive line and Marshall did not change direction behind him

thewingfitz

Post by thewingfitz » Tue 20 Apr, 2010 8:43 pm

jared maxwell holds a grudge for what happened at css last yr, and he is a germ of a ref, and that bernard sutton was not much better, all i can say is wests tigers have no chance in winning games under his control [maxwell], i hope i am proven wrong but we will wait and see this year

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Tue 20 Apr, 2010 9:43 pm

Further to my comments made in this post as well as others....after reading the paper today...realised that the words I penned were only in anger....like clutching at straws....finding excuses for the loss. The better team won on the night. Maxwell was the ref in the Manly game. If it were true all that I said we would have easily lost that one. Now looking back at the weekends performance...if we came to play we would have won...and convincingly at that. Maxwell i apologise for my comments this time. Will give the benefit of doubt....though your performance was not great, my teams was even worse. Hopefully we both improve next time!
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Properossi

Post by Properossi » Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:16 pm

Within large organisations throughout the business world employees are held accountable for their performances to a certain degree to be successful. The NRL is a business and its employees should be held accountable for their performances. Strong Leadership must be shown by those in charge of the referees for the week to week actions on the field. The coaches show leadership every week by picking the best players to be part of their teams that have performed at training and the previous week (leave Fitzy & Tim alone). So why do we see the same refs every week who is reviewing their performances? Robert Finch? Robert Finch shows through his inactions in the selection of referees that he is a WEAK, and David Gallop WAKE UP because you too show little LEADERSHIP when it comes to your staff! Does OUR game really need the media to review the refs every week before action is taken on their performances? These blokes are professionals are they not? FINCH NEEDS TO GO! He and his clowns will cost us games this year guaranteed!