Maxwell Sux Big Kahunas

supercoach

Re: Maxwell Sux Big Kahunas

Post by supercoach » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:19 am

Games go with momentum and possession and what wind we had in our sail was taken away by our defense load caused mainly by some very very average calls from the men in pink. Okay you look at the second half and say we were well and truly out played, but it all comes down to the extra petrol we used in the first half and it was a very humid night

wt4lyf

Post by wt4lyf » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:34 am

he is a joke and he shudnt be allowed to ref again!
its a wonder there were'nt bottles flying at his head at the half time break
My best is yet to come- B. Marshall
TheJungleee.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 410&ref=ts

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:16 am

I thought it was a slow game with slow play the balls which doesn't suit us.

I'm not going to blame the ref for the loss though even though he did annoy me a little.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:18 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:maybe Ink - but he controlled the game - how much did he make us defend because he felt whimsical at the time. this guy is worse than hartley. no - nobody can be that bad. and Ink, no sour grapes, but I was at the match - it was just too much - he kept giving the bulldogs the ball. I dont mind if they were the correct decisions - but i dont know if they were. And Ink, when was the last time you saw a thread this big about a referee - doesnt that say something. We could of won tonight if we had had the opportunity of more ball. For me the bulldogs were hungrier - plus - they had all the ball.
I dunno mate.
I saw us drop a lot of ball, had nothing to do with the ref...there we two calls I saw he couldve made in our favour, the lifting tackle and then the one where marshall was tackled without the ball but even then that one was 50/50
Too many errors, incomplete sets, penalties in possesion, failing to find touch....and mis tackles.
That said i agree hes a crap ref & I dont like him either...and his kids will never get caught in the rain with a nose the size of his

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:19 am

smeghead wrote:The biggest factors for mine were fatigue from the Townsville game carried over and some bad ball handling errors ( I do believe that the fatigue had something to do with this as well)

Maxwell compounded this by the way he officiated.

Further compounding this was when the one genuine prop dropped off the bench due to injury he was replaced by a back rower.

All in all a pretty dismal night at the office.

I do however believe that Maxwell should have to justify his decisions tonight to a review board.
Saves me having to write a long post - spot on Smeghead. We were dead set ordinary last night but Maxwell is an embarrassment to the game. Giving six again when the ball gets kicked into a player's leg, not spotting a player being tackled without the ball, doing nothing when our fullback got taken out, the obstruction penalties... The guy is simply not up to 1st grade standard.

Having said that I can't remember a worse night handling wise since the Panthers game at Leichhardt. So many drops in the play the ball as well. Ruck defence was weak and our markers didn't work hard enough. Like you said, last week seemed to be a big factor.

Mattie13

Post by Mattie13 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:21 am

I wrote this in another topic as well, stating that Maxwell is a Tigers fan. I know this for a fact. He should not be allowed to ref our games as in attempting to not be bias he overcompensates majorly.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:29 am

deep down we all know that last night peformance by wests-tigers, was not what we all hoped for.
fatigue from previous game, may have contributed to this.
yes its bit disappointing. :roll:
look at season so far, played 6 games and HAVE WON 4 OF THEM. :wahoo:
lets look ahead to next game against the panthers, and see a more energised team play to their potential.
c'mon wests-tigers we know you can beat the panthers. 8-)
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:42 pm

Who was the video ref last night? Idris clearly knocked on when Ennis scored his first. He only had one look at it and gave the green light. Its just frustrating that the refs get the bleeding obvious ones wrong. I haven't watched the game on the tele yet but at the ground when Turner(?) tackled Benji from behind without the ball when he was trying to regather, it looked like a professional foul.. and Maxwell didn't even pay a penalty, he called a dogs knock-on.. what a muppet.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:41 pm

I was worried when I heard that the Dogs were comming in in the betting right on kick off. ;)

It just felt like the Dogs were always going to get 60% possesion dosen"t matter how well we played. :|

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:21 pm

Nothing I want to say about this tosser can be said on this forum! :brick:

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:51 pm

just watched the highlights and even more pi$$ed off. The fantastic 1st tackle play from Robbie and Benji, you can see Benji didn't over run the ball but was just about to kick it on forward when he was tacled without the ball by Turner.

How the hell did 4 officials and a video ref not see it?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:53 pm

IronTiger wrote:just watched the highlights and even more pi$$ed off. The fantastic 1st tackle play from Robbie and Benji, you can see Benji didn't over run the ball but was just about to kick it on forward when he was tacled without the ball by Turner.

Meh..we got the scrum feed from that.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:
IronTiger wrote:just watched the highlights and even more pi$$ed off. The fantastic 1st tackle play from Robbie and Benji, you can see Benji didn't over run the ball but was just about to kick it on forward when he was tacled without the ball by Turner.

Bit of a difference between a scrum 45m out and a tap inside their 20m. And given the circumstances of the offence you'd think if one of the 4 officials had have seen it you'd be looking at 10 in the bin.

jezz

Post by jezz » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:09 pm

does anyone know an email address we can send our thoughts to?
Finch, the NRL, anyone other than the telecrap that can actually reply? would love to see what their excuse and claims are, see how they will back maxwell (and the rest of them) up

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:19 pm

jezz wrote:does anyone know an email address we can send our thoughts to?
Finch, the NRL, anyone other than the telecrap that can actually reply? would love to see what their excuse and claims are, see how they will back maxwell (and the rest of them) up
info@talkinsport.com.au ........Attention Bill Harrigan answers all things in regard to Refs,,,,,On from 6pm every Monday

Good Luck......
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:57 pm

Hollywoods answers are always entertaining if sometimes useless

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 8:16 am

Yossarian wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Bit of a difference between a scrum 45m out and a tap inside their 20m. And given the circumstances of the offence you'd think if one of the 4 officials had have seen it you'd be looking at 10 in the bin.
I thought the scrum was in line with where he was tackled...I was down the other end of the field.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:04 pm

I don't blame Maxwell himself a great deal. He and his other nuffies officiating came up with 2 blunders that should not be tolerated or accepted by Robert Finch.

1. Calling back the play after the dogs lost possesion where despite 2 passes they decided to rule a no advantage,

2. Turner taking down Marshall without the ball.

For me those 2 incidents should probably see all four officials reprimanded for poor form and put on notice. Having said that, we were poor, didn't deserve to win and got what we deserved. I saw someone mention in an earlier post, we just seemed to try and score off every play.