Page 1 of 1

Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:59 am
by sunshine coast tiger
I am trying to find what our coach said post match but can't find it reported anywhere.

It is time our club officials tell Sheens to let lose at the referees and they will look after the fines.

I would use words like; one sided, inept, cheating, incompetent, biased etc...

I would love to see him go off big time at the referee, especially after that game last night.

The fines would be the best money we ever spend as we will benefit in our up-coming games as referees are only human and know that they could cop a spray from our coach.

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:04 am
by smeghead
When you lose by 20 points there is nothing to say about the reffs.

That and he can't make excuses for the side publicly this year in regards to reffs. Time to focus on getting our own house right IMO with a massive clash coming up

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:08 am
by westTAHger
sunshine coast tiger wrote:I am trying to find what our coach said post match but can't find it reported anywhere.

It is time our club officials tell Sheens to let lose at the referees and they will look after the fines.

I would use words like; one sided, inept, cheating, incompetent, biased etc...

I would love to see him go off big time at the referee, especially after that game last night.

The fines would be the best money we ever spend as we will benefit in our up-coming games as referees are only human and know that they could cop a spray from our coach.
If Tim was to get a fine, I would gladly donate some money to pay for it.
damn shame that the ref's do not get paid after their performance has been reveiwed by an indpendant panel on a tuesday. crap game, no pay. and need to explain each time why they gave a penalty, and did not penalise for blatant indiscetions

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:23 am
by sunshine coast tiger
smeghead wrote:When you lose by 20 points there is nothing to say about the reffs.

That and he can't make excuses for the side publicly this year in regards to reffs. Time to focus on getting our own house right IMO with a massive clash coming up
Fair and valid points.

However our game more than just about any in the world is influenced by refereeing. How quick the play the ball is, the 10 metres, incidents missed and penalties given etc.. have a huge bearing on our game. We got 2 late penalties in the first half to try and even the count.

I watched the game at the ground and probably missed some things. However I thought the shepherds against us were bad calls from were I was sitting, beau getting tackled with out the ball, the 6 again in the first half, gibbs getting penalised for a dominant tackle, large 10 metres for the tigers and worse of all Benji getting tackled with out the ball.

We got beat by 20 but all the above had a huge influence on that plus 12 of their points come in the last 7 minutes when we had no gas left mainly due to all the extra defending we had to do due to the dud calls.

We have some problems as a side that we need to address but in my 30 years plus of going to rugby league that was right up there with some of the most one sided refereeing I have ever seen.

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:28 am
by smeghead
I do not disagree with what you have said at all. Thats pretty much how I saw things at the ground as well.

Maybe if it were not for those last two tries Sheens may have made a statement but 24 - 4 means anything he has to say will be branded as sour grapes.

I think there will be a meeting requested with Finch though. The last time we did this about a reff we did not have him again for nearly a full season

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:39 am
by sunshine coast tiger
smeghead wrote:I do not disagree with what you have said at all. Thats pretty much how I saw things at the ground as well.

Maybe if it were not for those last two tries Sheens may have made a statement but 24 - 4 means anything he has to say will be branded as sour grapes.

I think there will be a meeting requested with Finch though. The last time we did this about a reff we did not have him again for nearly a full season
I hope you are right about this. I pray we don't get either of these too again or at least Maxwell.

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:47 am
by willow
Here is the post-match conference:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sheens was not overly disappointed with the team last night. Proud of their defensive effort and said they did a couple of silly things such as not finding touch. Also reckoned a couple of decisions from the ref went against them, hard to argue there.

Put it down to the last couple of weeks taking a lot of juice out of the team and they really paid for the defence in the first half. No energy and a bit brain dead in attack was the end result.

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:51 am
by smeghead
A 100% correct assessment from Sheens in this case.

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:59 am
by hybrid_tiger
Hard to argue with any of that. Also glad to hear Lazarus will play next week. He will be much better for the run.

Re: Sheens post match press conference?

Posted: Sat 17 Apr, 2010 3:42 pm
by NZTiger
I agree. Lazo fully deserves the 7 next week and I'm predicting will have a much better game across the board. I'm sensing the tigers to come out firing next week. Panthers won't know what hit them.