Your Game Assessment

triserratops

Your Game Assessment

Post by triserratops » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:22 am

Im over it, we lost, lets move on.
Here is a quick summary of what I read out of the game.

:) Our goal line defence was impeccable in the first half.
:( We usually dazzle when we have possesion but tonight we wasted all our energy on defence and had nothing to give in attack.
:cry: Ball control was very average.(Coughing up the ball on tackles 2,3,4 continuously)
:twisted: The refs were way off the mark throughout the match. WAY OFF!
:? Even when we got a penalty we couldn't find touch and were forced to defend again.
:?: Who misses a kick adjacent to the posts??? Even after the winger runs it in closer to the posts!
:roll: As if the bench we had was ever gonna carry us for the full 80min.
:mrgreen: Most of the forwards would have been this colour at the end of the match, vomiting through exhaustion!

Overall, poor ball control through fatigue and a bad bench selection that cost us. (We can't control the refs so that's why I haven't used them as an excuse in the overall assessment)

It's not the end of the world, just the end of Round 6 in 2010.
Heads Up...............the season is long and the magical victories will come.
:sign:
Triserratops

What are your thoughts?
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:28 am

First half goal line D was outstanding, brilliant, terriffic, impenetrable....dunno why they cant do it on the half way, the 40's or 30m lines though?

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:49 am

Fell apart in attack, simple mistakes, poor coaching and ref blunders.

Lets move onto next week and pick a big side because Penrith will monster us if we do not.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:49 am

Positives: Our deffence was great and how good was that tackle by Ryan and Fulton on our line to save that try, Lote is getting better every game he plays and was briliant. Fafita is progressing rapidly, full of potential.

Things to improve: Need to do little things rite like find touch from kicks, converting is also a problem. Complete sets and stop trying to score off each play, bench needs more size and is struggling for impact (missed Fafita coming off the bench although he was great starting). We need the no.7 to take more pressure off Benji and Robbie and no7 to defend at 7 and not on the wing.

Maybe alternatives: Firstly the bench i would like named, 14.A Fafita(presuming Galloway is back) 15.A Shirnak(if recoverd from injury) 16.Moores(to play second row out wide) 17.Flannagan(utility).
Goal kicking To go Farah not the best kicker but better then Benji atm.

Farrah to play 7. for 1 week can defend well and has good kicking game and its only for 1 week.

team i would like to see
1.Ryan
1.Lote
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Fitzy(was solid)

6.Marshall
7.Farah
8.Gibbs
9.Corby
10.Galloway
11.Ellis
12.Fulton
13.Heighno

14.Fafita
15.Shirnak
16.Moores
17.Flannagan

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:35 pm

NO we cannot just move Robbie to 7 because Lazarus didn't set the world alight in his FIRST EVER FT game. Stick with the same 6, 7 & 9. Farah IS the best 9 in the game and to move him would be suicide.

Blake will go much better with the first game out of the way and after a week of training, remember he only had one last week. I like Fifita, Shirnak, Moors and Flannagan on the bench.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 12:54 pm

thanks to maxwell - a great defence for a while - we had no choice. fatigue from the away matches didnt help.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:00 pm

we lost becuase fitzy started and played a full game

stats are stats and in the 2 games fitzy has started this year weve lost both so i soley blame him.....
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:03 pm

Simple assessment…every other side in the comp other than Melbourne and the Dragons would have been down by 20-30 by halftime, and any other side other than Melbourne and the Dragons would have been blown off the park in the second half. It was a loss that has actually proven to me we are a true top 4 contender.

Proud :supporter:
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:07 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:Simple assessment…every other side in the comp other than Melbourne and the Dragons would have been down by 20-30 by halftime, and any other side other than Melbourne and the Dragons would have been blown off the park in the second half. It was a loss that has actually proven to me we are a true top 4 contender.

in saying that if we gave melbourne and dragons that type of field position and posseion we would of been down by 30 at half time. in a way we were lucky the dogs are pretty crap, i mean 12 of their points came in the 73rd and 76th minutes up until that point it was 12-4, great work by the boys they fought well showed heart and commitment
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:32 pm

Injuries are taking their toll on our cohesion in attack.

Our defence was excellent.

And as far as last night goes.The two BLAKES and Maxwell were the major contributors in our defeat.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:40 pm

The two Blakes....please enlighten me how Ayshford was a major contributer to defeat....

that's almost as rediculous as blaming Fitzy....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:49 pm

Geo. wrote:The two Blakes....please enlighten me how Ayshford was a major contributer to defeat....

that's almost as rediculous as blaming Fitzy....
Ayshford has been great since his debut but the last 3 weeks maybe because of his knee has been below par.Dropped balls at crucial times and missed tackles plus he gave away a couple of penalties.Not positioning himself well in attack making it hard for Marshall and Lawrence.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:00 pm

Dropped balls 2 ...1 was stripped....

Gave away a couple of Penalties.....what for?....they got 5...

Making it hard on Benji and Lawrence .....they don't even attack the same side of the field it's opposite to Ayshford so yeah I spose he stuff's it for them...

Lawrence dropped 2.....Benji failed to find touch...they made it hard on themselves...

He's the bloke in the Number 3
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:56 pm

Yes well said PrattenPark Magpie.It was a great defensive effort.We made some bad mistakes giving away possession at a vital time thus turning our attack back into defence.Anyway round 6 is gone we didn't get 2 points but its on again next week.

:sign: :supporter:
Cheers Poppa

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 3:57 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:Simple assessment…every other side in the comp other than Melbourne and the Dragons would have been down by 20-30 by halftime, and any other side other than Melbourne and the Dragons would have been blown off the park in the second half. It was a loss that has actually proven to me we are a true top 4 contender.

Totally agree as a longtime tigers supporter this was one of the times i was so proud of our defence.On this effort there will be many good times in the future.We are a serious contender this year.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 4:13 pm

this season, the defence has improved alot.
we saw that last night in 1st half.
the team will be fresh for game against panthers.
don't lose focus. wests-tigers have played 6 games. won 4 and lost two.
much better than being other way around!!!!.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:25 am

Geo. wrote:Dropped balls 2 ...1 was stripped....

Gave away a couple of Penalties.....what for?....they got 5...

Making it hard on Benji and Lawrence .....they don't even attack the same side of the field it's opposite to Ayshford so yeah I spose he stuff's it for them...

Lawrence dropped 2.....Benji failed to find touch...they made it hard on themselves...

He's the bloke in the Number 3
Everytime Marshall drifted across the field Ayshford rarely seemed in good position in support.And 2 penalties out of 5 is to much for an outside centre.

And in defence he and the other Blake were marking when thet both went the other way and Goodwin made a big break to set up a try.

The big plays.Other te ams have worked him out.Second year in and he needs to step up.