Anti Kneejerk Thread

IronTiger

Anti Kneejerk Thread

Post by IronTiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:45 am

I've read through some of the ridiculous reactionary posts on here and have had to stop. Walking out of the game last night I was of course disappointed as I am with any loss but I had a feeling of pride as i replayed the game over in my head as especially the first half as we not only defended well against the not only the Dogs but the ref also. Yes the second half was not great and to give credit to the Dogs throughout the game they shut our palymakers down and put pressure on our newbies and they came up with more errors last night than the previous 5 games put together.

So i come on here this morning to read through some just utter knee jerk garbage comments and i feel empty and extremely disappointed. We have won 4 out of 6 games and not one single team wins the league (i'm not saying we will win the comp btw, never have) without losing some, even the Storm. Yes we lost our way and we looked lethargic in the second half but we did against the Roosters and came back and won 3 in a row. :brick:

We lost, the Doggies wons get over it and look forward to next week by supporting the team not bagging them.

:sign:

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:49 am

For me the early rounds showed that we have a lot of points in us (even without Moltz at 7). Tonight showed me that we can defend our line with gusto. We were buggered in the second half and our attack suffered badly. The real test comes next week.

Beavis

Post by Beavis » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:50 am

I'd be happy with a 1 loss for each 3 games won ratio for the rest of the season.
Our defence was exceptional last night.
There's alot of learning to be done, but by gee they can be proud of that defensive effort.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:53 am

Agreed, I think based on previous years, we would have been really toweled up, things have improved.

The only real concern I have from the side is we slipped back into trying to score off every set, there was no smart kicking to give our pack a breather, no pressure applied when we had the ball, but then it's not only pretty hard to attack when you haven't had the ball much at all but you are too tired to attack properly anyway.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:32 am

The Tigers had a few things go against them last night but the most important thing was possession. Swap the possession stats around and the Tigers win. With the amount of ball the Bulldogs had, they should have won by more. It was a testament to the Tigers defence that the Bulldogs had to resort to kicks to get in behind them and score, and the last 2 tries they scored, well the Tigers could barely run at that stage.

The Tigers showed a lot of character last night in defence and while they were flat from the last couple of weeks, they didn't drop their heads and didn't throw in the towel. I reckon they'll still take some confidence out of that game. They've got a long turnaround for next week and Galloway will hopefully be back, along with Cayless which will help things up front.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:10 am

Im upset but underdstand it just wasnt our night.

Our kicking game was AGAIN abysmal.

In general play,goals,from penalties into touch.

AWFUL.

And then after defending our bums off and contending with REEEEEEDICLOUS refereeing we get the droppsies.

We should have been beaten by 50 and we actually got back into the game.

If Bunji had kicked that goal to get us to 12-6 who knows,I think we may have stolen that game.

Postives....we cant play that badly again,and we defended like a top four side.

All is not lost.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:13 am

simonthetiger wrote:Im upset but underdstand it just wasnt our night.

AWFUL.

And then after defending our bums off and contending with REEEEEEDICLOUS refereeing we get the droppsies.

If Bunji had kicked that goal to get us to 12-6 who knows,I think we may have stolen that game.

All is not lost.
Very True.

Simon I dont take pleasure in agreeing with you lately, far from it . . . . . but it is becoming an all too regular occurance for my liking. ;)
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:13 am

Where the real deal this year. We just need to keep our heads right and get our goal kicking together. I agree Simon, Benji missing that kick was a blow. If he kicks it, its a big boost mentally and i think the game could have gone our way.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:14 am

Balmain Bug wrote:

AWFUL.

All is not lost.
Very True.

Simon I dont take pleasure in agreeing with you lately, far from it . . . . . but it is becoming an all too regular occurance for my liking. ;)
hahaha, agreeing with Simon makes u question your own sanity doesnt it?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow

Post by willow » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:16 am

king sirro wrote:Where the real deal this year. We just need to keep our heads right and get our goal kicking together. I agree Simon, Benji missing that kick was a blow. If he kicks it, its a big boost mentally and i think the game could have gone our way.
Particularly if Benji regathers the chip kick he put in on the next set. The bounce just didn't go the Tigers way last night. If Marshall regathers that chip kick, he probably scores to get them level.

MGB

Post by MGB » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:18 am

All I know is we would never have kept them out that long in the first half at any stage of the last ten seasons until this one. Better days ahead no question. You can fix most things except attitude in defence and this side finally has some.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:22 am

AWFUL.

ll is not lost.
You are so right,except one 40-20 our kicking game was average, the dogs bombed two certain trys that would have put the game in its true perceptive. I cant believe we were in the hunt for so long, okay we got some rough calls and had to make a squillion tackles but our structure just was not their right from the 1st minute.
I think every team will have one shocker a month and we just had ours

Gotoddy

Post by Gotoddy » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:26 pm

After about 20 minutes at the game last night I turned to my sister and said who are these imposters - this isn't the Tigers I know and love. They were awesome in defence and I was quite mesmerised by them for a full 30 minutes. They showed so much guts and determination, they made me so proud.

You can't win games without the ball and a bit of luck, I'm afraid we didn't have either tonight. But what we did have was a grit and determination you don't always see for an extended period of time like we saw last night.

I for one am looking forward to next week's game. Forget about hoodoo sides, all that has changed in the last 12 months. The Tigers can beat anyone - anywhere, and we now have 8 days (hooray) to get our act together, have a bit of a rest and run riot over those Panthers.

Go the tigers.

Staks

Post by Staks » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 1:39 pm

That defensive effort in the first half was probably up there with the best the Tigers have ever had. Add Galloway and Payten to the mix and you have a unit that is showing signs early on in the season that it has what it takes to have a successful season. Every player had a good dig and thats all you can really ask for from a team.
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 2:18 pm

willow wrote:
king sirro wrote:Where the real deal this year. We just need to keep our heads right and get our goal kicking together. I agree Simon, Benji missing that kick was a blow. If he kicks it, its a big boost mentally and i think the game could have gone our way.
Particularly if Benji regathers the chip kick he put in on the next set. The bounce just didn't go the Tigers way last night. If Marshall regathers that chip kick, he probably scores to get them level.
IF i could paint id be an artist ,etc etc etc ....as many have said we lost the game vecause of the heavy workload we endured in the first 40 . add to that the two toughest road trips.....if you aunty had knackers shed be your uncle.....

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:26 pm

Skills wise, it wasn't our night. The NRL season is too hard to play at your best all season and win. There will be let-down games. In past seasons we would have got smashed by 40 points or more. However last night the boys worked hard and attitude was awesome. They worked their back-sides off and we were ragged but they still scored 3 of their 4 tries from kicks.

The big test will be next week. We need to be up fot it and continue to perform like that in defence when we control the ball.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:19 pm

Good to hear it guys. Defensively we're a far better side this year. With a bit of luck, an even share of possession when it counted and who knows , i'm not so sure we would've lost . The key going foward is playing patient football, cut out the mistakes because when we do, we're well positioned to take advantage.