We are a dumb team

ron burgandy

Re: We are a dumb team

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:04 am

Brisbane Tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:this team does not have the steel that people were carrying on with 2 weeks ago.

if the rest of the team was prepared to just go forward like rhino we win this easy.

we are taking too many shortcuts out there.
that also includes farah and benji.
benji has to understand that the forwards need to be given a chance to build pressure.
when we defend set after set don't kick early and go for the try every bloody time.
help out your forwards for once by playing out the set and putting in a kick that can trap them in goal.
take 3 sets to score a try and not only chew up clock but wear them down in the process.
Benji very nearly single handedly cost us this game, he was terrible. very disapointing.

he did one dumb thing with the flick pass, maybe gibbs 3 stupid stupid off loads that he knocked on or fitzy's inability to give marshall or farah the ball quickly or the poor ball handling in genral at the start of the second half were more what cost us a win
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

willow

Post by willow » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:08 am

The fact that the Tigers played so poorly in the second half and only had 43% possession for the match, yet still only lost by 8 points says a lot about the team's character IMO. Tonight they were hampered by a couple of poor postional selections, namely Lazo and Fitzy which really stuffed the backline cohesion up.

The forwards were beaten once again but if the Tigers held the ball in the second half, they had enough opportunities to win that game IMO.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:16 am

willow wrote:The fact that the Tigers played so poorly in the second half and only had 43% possession for the match, yet still only lost by 8 points says a lot about the team's character IMO. Tonight they were hampered by a couple of poor postional selections, namely Lazo and Fitzy which really stuffed the backline cohesion up.

The forwards were beaten once again but if the Tigers held the ball in the second half, they had enough opportunities to win that game IMO.
willow im sorry but i dont care that we "did well to only lose by 8 points" its still a loss and the second half was one of the worst ive seen in a while, we have no cohesion in attack and our forwrds with the exception of rhino werent making an impact offensively.

Im not confident in this team now moltz is out, lui/taumata can fill the void to maybe get us into the 8 but the last 2.5 games have been disturbing to say the least
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:19 am

You wouldn't think some of these guys are premiership winning, seasoned first graders nd in some cases even rep players.

Some of the mistakes and ridiculous plays are u/18's stuff.

typicaltiger

Post by typicaltiger » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:30 am

ron burgandy wrote:
willow wrote:The fact that the Tigers played so poorly in the second half and only had 43% possession for the match, yet still only lost by 8 points says a lot about the team's character IMO. Tonight they were hampered by a couple of poor postional selections, namely Lazo and Fitzy which really stuffed the backline cohesion up.

willow im sorry but i dont care that we "did well to only lose by 8 points" its still a loss and the second half was one of the worst ive seen in a while, we have no cohesion in attack and our forwrds with the exception of rhino werent making an impact offensively.

Im not confident in this team now moltz is out, lui/taumata can fill the void to maybe get us into the 8 but the last 2.5 games have been disturbing to say the least
Couldn't agree more. 100% correct in what you say.

seems the Mods on here will make excusses rather than tell it like it is.

Unlike you Ron.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 8:54 am

Remember we could of lost by 14 with Penriths no try. Big call for me as i had penrith 13+

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 10:57 am

Brisbane Tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:this team does not have the steel that people were carrying on with 2 weeks ago.

if the rest of the team was prepared to just go forward like rhino we win this easy.

benji has to understand that the forwards need to be given a chance to build pressure.
when we defend set after set don't kick early and go for the try every bloody time.
help out your forwards for once by playing out the set and putting in a kick that can trap them in goal.
take 3 sets to score a try and not only chew up clock but wear them down in the process.
Benji very nearly single handedly cost us this game, he was terrible. very disapointing.

Spot on BT, even though Penrith didn't score off Benji's failed flick pass I thought it was a real turning point in the game.

I hate to say this, but Sheens lets Marshall do his own thing like he's king s*** pin
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:57 am

we lost by 8 points....lighten up..one of our smallest losing margins to penrith who are in hot form. get over it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:21 pm

Willow is spot on.
IF we had players playing in their right position
IF we didnt drop so much ball
IF we had another foward on the bench to assist our pigs
IF we didnt play 16 against 17 for 77 minutes....

then we may have still lost, maybe by 8, maybe more, but we may have won too.

All those factors against us ...and with such a s*** 2nd half showing, I said at half time last night the games their for the taking....but all those factors and to only lose by 8....we shouldve lost by 28

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:23 pm

Its what makes it all the more frustrating, yet becoming used to it over the years....throwing away games we shouldve won.

Habit forming.

Players come and go, training staff come n go, CEO's come n go...One constant there in all those years...the coach.

Sigh indeedy :cry:

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:41 pm

Whats Bengi doing so wrong got a boofhead of a coach who puts another over the hill boofhead at half back and is expected to win the game for us with a pack of fowards going nowhere. Can someone please put into Tim SHEENS thick head we need ahalf back who plays there and leave him there and i dont mean Fitzhenry. and boy he is doing a great job of stuffing up a young Lazos. Maybe it is time for sheens to move on

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:48 pm

yeah good post jimmy,i feel for lazzo, let the kid play his natural game, most halfbacks call it as they see it, thats what makes them great organizers , great players...get him off the merry go round ,sheens...
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:50 pm

Its no secret when Benji is on we are on. Benji was awful (one error????) I saw at least 3 balls to ground and 2 missed tackles coupled with an impotent kicking game both short and long. When your 5/8 makes 50 odd metres in attack after making only 6 tackles it doesnt matter if Humphrey B Bear is coaching or Ossie Ostrich playing around him, he is going awful.

He wasnt on his lonesome though, getting driven back in the forwards doesnt help, Gibbs playing like he was last season and Tim coaching like he has for the past few seasons and all told I agree we are a dumb football side.

On the positive we will still finish top 4, we have too much talent not to. Our crap part of the draw is over and we finally start playing games at 'real' home grounds, none of our players will be involved in rep bar Lote so watch out for the run home. Top 4 baby.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:26 pm

scarcev wrote:Its no secret when Benji is on we are on. Benji was awful (one error????) I saw at least 3 balls to ground and 2 missed tackles coupled with an impotent kicking game both short and long. When your 5/8 makes 50 odd metres in attack after making only 6 tackles it doesnt matter if Humphrey B Bear is coaching or Ossie Ostrich playing around him, he is going awful.

He wasnt on his lonesome though, getting driven back in the forwards doesnt help, Gibbs playing like he was last season and Tim coaching like he has for the past few seasons and all told I agree we are a dumb football side.

On the positive we will still finish top 4, we have too much talent not to. Our crap part of the draw is over and we finally start playing games at 'real' home grounds, none of our players will be involved in rep bar Lote so watch out for the run home. Top 4 baby.
Mate...common sense doesn't belong in this thread....

this is the raving lunatics I hate Sheens thread.....At 7.35 yesterday I was one of them....

We played like the 2009 Tigers ....dumb......I mean I don't care who's picked where they are professional NRL First grade player's aren't they....catch the frekin' BALL....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 3:42 pm

And please Robbie - when we a metre out from the line on the 4th tackle and a 2 man overlap either throw a dummy and go yourself or throw it out - don't go for the miracle grubber - that was a once a season play.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 3:54 pm

I was absolutely astounded last night when I noticed Lazo defending at fullback because it meant moving one of the only fullbacks that we have had in previous seasons that brought the ball back from kicks with some conviction instead of crabbing sideways and picking up a winger to do the work. Crazy!!

Then to have Fitzy in the halves suprised me again and while he didnt necessarily do anything too bad he certainly didnt add anything to our team in attack or defence, my mind boggles to see what Sheens sees in him. Not only that but it also meant that Farah was then moving from HIS position into first receiver thorughout sets as well.

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what happened in attack in terms of a fullback, did Fitzy drop back there, was it Ryan or was Lazo attacking from back there as well injecting as a third half with Benji and Farah/Fitzy when he saw fit. I thought we looked so lost in attack at times and it isnt suprising when you consider the team structure, they wouldnt have had any idea where they should all be at any given time.

Added to this we couldn't hold the ball to save ourselves and it seems that Gibbs has slipped into some of his old habits again. In fact so has Benji which makes me wonder if they both start trying too hard when our structure goes missing, like in previous seasons when the deck chairs have been re-shuffled!! Im so dissapointed at the moment and I just hope that they can find some of that resolve that they were showing at the start of the season...and find it soon!!

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 4:10 pm

citizen cub wrote:
Brisbane Tiger wrote:

Marhall still doesnt understand the concept of "risk vs reward"...thats its more acceptable to throw a flick pass when youve spreadeagled the oppostion ,your in their territory,& theres a high liklihood of scoring a try ,than on 1st tackle in yr own quarter & youve been defending for most of the game & yr forwards are exhausted.
Either the coach isnt coaching,or Benji is just slow to grasp this fact...or both.
Frankly,ever since Gould conducted that adoring interview on Footy Show applauding Benji's "audacity" to attempt this stuff its gone to his head,& both Benji & the Tigers have gone backwards...
Maybe the scheming Gould has stiched us up...?