Fowards

citizen cub

Fowards

Post by citizen cub » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:14 pm

sorry guys i really don't think that our fowards are good enough to win the competition. unless there are some no-nonsense props in the reserve grades then i think our foward depth will let us down. galloway is injured and hence not running like he once did. heighno is getting better. fifita needs to run in more of a straight line. ellis is working hard. fulton is trying but just doesn't provide much in attack. gee i'd be letting Payten go to england and try to poach some fowards from melbourne.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:25 pm

Ellis is consistant each week and if they all play like Heigno does we can be in with a show. We are probably one really big bloke short of a strong pack. Someone the size of Fafita or Galloway.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:29 pm

yeh we've got the backrow covered but we still lack props... sheens tries to create of an illusion of depth in the front row but we don't have it. payten is more a backrower and gibbs is probably a backrower. THE ONLY GENUINE PROPS ARE GALLOWAY AND FIFITA... JEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

glebe_tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by glebe_tiger » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:29 pm

their forwards were on top of us and dominated the game, we didnt make too many inroads because of this.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:32 pm

The problem lays in the use of our interchange bench as far as I am concerned.

Moors in criminally underused. He looks fresh as a daisy all the time on the field as he spends so much time riding the pine. Gibbs is playing massive minutes and it is affecting his game both in terms of impact of runs and his lapses leading to mistakes. He is playing dog tired after 30 minutes and just can't keep going at the level he would normally.

Ellis is called on to do mountains of front rower style work to make up for this as well.

Fifita does not have a high enough work rate to cover our bench being structured so utterly uselessly

Flanagan is a fine player but we make a choice between he or Fulton as far a I am concerned and bring in an impact player because as it stands given the way it is used our bench offers absolutley no impact, in underutilised and our starting players have to flog their guts out.

As for a back on the bench. Well I was willing to let it go for a few rounds as I could con myself into understanding the reasons for it. But with Fitzy playing halfback. [automatically edited] me just terrible

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 7:20 am

with fulton, flanagan, and fitzy in the side (all of who can play a number of positions) do we really need another back on the bench? get another prop in there!

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 7:58 pm

we looked ok game 1 (size wise) anyway another big prop would help.

galloway - great most the time but injury prone
payten - maybe doesnt hit as hard as ellis or galloway, but still well worth having doing some prop work (especially off the bench)
gibbs - average, i really dont rate gibbs too much stupid meathead errors, and now hes trying to pass the ball its even worse.
ellis - no comment
fifita - another meathead, reminds me of kite.. wants to beat everyone up. good runner and great fend however.. get rid of the errors and could see origin spot in the upcoming years
cayless - why did we buy this trash.
tigers!

Student of the game

Post by Student of the game » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 9:39 pm

cayless.... i'm clueless