Post game reactions

cnx_tigers

Post game reactions

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:57 pm

Maybe I am being too harsh here.......................but seeing Geoff Daniella laughing immediately post game and smiling away with Penrith players.........kind of angers me.

Seeing Robbie smiling and laughing with Petro within 60 seconds of the game ending............bothers me.

I saw Cameron Smith absolutely shattered post game v Manly..........and then still shattered 30 mins later in the press conference. Love or hate him and The Storm, but I wish some of our blokes 'hurt' a bit more after losses.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:58 pm

Can't blame Daniella. He may as well been a spectator watching his old team mates run around for all the game time he got

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:01 pm

he was probably laughing about the 3 min game time he got when the game was over

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:02 pm

maybe Robbie asked Petro if he wanted to play for wests-tigers next season. :?
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:03 pm

I'd be laughing if I got paid for only 3 mins work per week. Then probably upset when I realised all the training I had to do to only get three minutes.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:04 pm

Laughing and high fiveing the opposition immediately the game finished though................geez, he could at least look like he cared about the loss.

Side note: can anyone rationally explain to me why we play a winger on the bench every week? Please.

Sheensy even had Micth Brown on standby tonight..............has he got some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder where he has to have 3 wingers in the squad each night or he thinks the world will end or something?

I just can't work it out at all anymore. We play a second winger off the bench for the final 3 mins of games over and over. Where's the logic...........someone??????....anyone?????

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:17 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Maybe I am being too harsh here.......................but seeing Geoff Daniella laughing immediately post game and smiling away with Penrith players.........kind of angers me.

Seeing Robbie smiling and laughing with Petro within 60 seconds of the game ending............bothers me.

I saw Cameron Smith absolutely shattered post game v Manly..........and then still shattered 30 mins later in the press conference. Love or hate him and The Storm, but I wish some of our blokes 'hurt' a bit more after losses.

i agree, i remember as a kid if i lost a game id be inconsolable! i wasnt a bad sport or anything, i was playing to win and put everything i had into a game. unfortunately a blown knee and lack of talent kept me from playing any further, but it would be nice to see some of these players getting paid huge amounts of cabbage to at least try and bust their guts, show a little bit of passion!!

hell, even as a fan it looks like im more devastated at a loss then most of these pillows. i go on to have a bad week cause my team lost, and they go on to sit in spas and saunas and use top glass gyms and do media training when they should be throwing their guts up hitting bags and doing laps all week...at the very least having one of the many many many coaches throw them a ball to learn how to catch!

gutted!!
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:01 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Maybe I am being too harsh here.......................but seeing Geoff Daniella laughing immediately post game and smiling away with Penrith players.........kind of angers me.

I think Cam Smith may have had other things on his mind sadly!

alien

Post by alien » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:25 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Side note: can anyone rationally explain to me why we play a winger on the bench every week? Please.

Sheensy even had Micth Brown on standby tonight..............has he got some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder where he has to have 3 wingers in the squad each night or he thinks the world will end or something?

I just can't work it out at all anymore. We play a second winger off the bench for the final 3 mins of games over and over. Where's the logic...........someone??????....anyone?????
I don't know. Some people say it's because of what happened against Parra last year when we had 2 wingers injured. Imagine how much trouble we would be in if we get 2 props injured in a game.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 10:49 am

I am just starting to lose it with Marshall....I mean he has a bit of space and could have just taken the tackle and it would have been tackle 1 on our 30, but oh no, he has to throw a flick pass to Tuqiri doesn't he? Its not like it was a hard one to catch, but who in their right mind would expect a flick pass in your own territory on the first? lol, its beyond me.

I mean does Marshall just love seeing us defend or something? lol, this is an example of not having a clue what happens behind closed doors, because Sheens has obviously told him nothing about playing something called the PERCENTAGES!?! Sure the the flick pass is useful when you've made a linebreak and the defenders are expecting you to give a regulation pass i.e the one to Ayshford against Parra last year but they should only be used when they really have to.

Farah was good for mine last night, I think he showed us how dangerous he is when he takes on the line and backs himself. He also showed some good pace to almost outrun Coote there off that clean linebreak. I'd be suprised if he didn't atleast pick up a dally m point.

Ellis was a little quiet, however certainly not his fault that we lost the match

Heighington was good, making a fair few tackle busts from what I could see not mentioning his valuable contributions in defence.

Galloway played 30% better than he did against the raiders which was a good sign.

Tuqiri was probably our best player on the park IMO. He has just proved to everyone that he's worth every single penny the tigers give him. Great work Lote

Gibbs was appalling giving away his usual 2-3 penalties and conceding a number of errors.

Fulton was good. Looking quite dangerous with ball in hand and cleaned up the scraps on a couple of loose balls.

I think there were a number of individuals who played well, but again like last week we didn't work as a unit which is something that needs to be rectified if we're gonna go far in this comp EVEN with the storm out of contention.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE