the one thing from the last 2.5 games that stands out

ron burgandy

the one thing from the last 2.5 games that stands out

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:57 pm

and people doubted it during the games he was there but tim moltzen is just as important to this team as farah and marshall.

He may not win the game through a flick pass or a show and go, but his delivery to marshall and farah when hes in the line is what made us so good early in the season

since hes gone weve looked totally lost when attacking, fitzy doesnt give early ball and stalls plays i hope taumata or lui can get us back on track but if anyone doubted how good moltzen is and what importance he had to us being cohesive need only to look at our last 2 and a half games
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:02 pm

He's a solid player no doubt... but for me he was important to the team because while he wore the 7 jersey... Ryan was at fullback and Fitzyhenry was lucky to play 5mins of footy!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

typicaltiger

Post by typicaltiger » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:03 pm

ron burgandy wrote:and people doubted it during the games he was there but tim moltzen is just as important to this team as farah and marshall.

He may not win the game through a flick pass or a show and go, but his delivery to marshall and farah when hes in the line is what made us so good early in the season

since hes gone weve looked totally lost when attacking, fitzy doesnt give early ball and stalls plays i hope taumata or lui can get us back on track but if anyone doubted how good moltzen is and what importance he had to us being cohesive need only to look at our last 2 and a half games
i like a post with common sense kudos to you ron

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:03 pm

Probem is his replacement was never used as a half.

Pick a freaking player and play him in the spot you select him

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:06 pm

Kaiser wrote:He's a solid player no doubt... but for me he was important to the team because while he wore the 7 jersey... Ryan was at fullback and Fitzyhenry was lucky to play 5mins of footy!
moltzen provided a great passing game and gave early ball to allow marshall and the backs room to move, 3 time tonight i watched fitzy run 3-5 meters before passing and totally running us out of room because the early ball came too slow, infact it never came at all.

Lazarus is a waste playing him the way sheens has and its a slap in his face that sheens prefers fitzy a mediocre winger and a totally useless half over him in the halves

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:08 pm

ron burgandy wrote:moltzen provided a great passing game and gave early ball to allow marshall and the backs room to move, 3 time tonight i watched fitzy run 3-5 meters before passing and totally running us out of room because the early ball came too slow, infact it never came at all.

Lazarus is a waste playing him the way sheens has and its a slap in his face that sheens prefers fitzy a mediocre winger and a totally useless half over him in the halves
One of those odd moments in which I agree, and i think everyone else would for that matter...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:17 pm

I said to some mates a few weeks back that Moltz is our third most important player.............and unfortunately that's becoming clear now.

We desperately need a half.

Our best prop is Galloway.........but Galloway out / Payten in = we can still win.

Motlz out............we have no one.

Massive loss.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:25 pm

It's not that we have nobody it's just our coach decides in a masterstroke to let Fitzhenry play there. Now Fitzy again busted a gut for his team but what made our coach think a guy who was a failure at 5/8 half a decade ago should play as a halfback

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:36 pm

it sh1ts me to tears seeing him in the team in any position but especially in the halves

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:48 pm

well theres really no point saying motzen brings this and that to the team because we haven't got him for the remainder of 2010, so where do we go?

it seemed we were so well placed at the start of the year to handle injuries due to a great depth and early on it has been tested especially in the half, lui seems okay, moltzen was awesome, lazarus struggled, fitzy is the new morris but worse, what now?????????

is lui likely to be back next week?

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:52 pm

Sheensy has this obsession with Fitz that just defies believe. Yes, he tries hard. Yes, he trains hard.

But he's a back up winger at best.

Playing him at half back.............................just unbelievable. Then again, we had 20 rounds of Johnny Morris at 7.

Moltz is almost MORE important than Beni and Robbie.......just the fact that his being there meant no Johnny Morris anymore and no Fitzy this season.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 9:01 pm

Moltzen did very little at half, but it allowed everyone to play in their own positions. I'm hoping when Lui comes back, the other players can worry about playing one position instead of 3.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 9:02 pm

Too many dropped balls, too many easy yards for the panthers in attack = too many tackles made and too many missed are what lost us the game, not Fitzy at 7.
Rugby league is a pretty simple game these days, hold onto to the ball and maintain possession. You can't expect to win with 46% of possession, making 100 more tackles, and letting them make more than 200 metres in attack.
Penrith made easy yards with every tackle - they'd start 10-20 out from their own line and end up 20 out from ours. we struggle to make 30 metres in 6. We drop the ball, we don't maintain any pressure on the opposition.
Really poor effort across the board. I can't in all honesty single Fitzy out as being any better or any worse than anyone else.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 9:06 pm

They made easy metres because they had a general directing the team.

We had Farah in no mans land alot of the time or taking options for himself only, Benji trying to create something and Fitzy throwing lofted crap passes and offering nothing but tackling.

Heighno had more to do in the way of a playmaker than Fitzy is capable of and got a try assist for it.

I am not blaming Fitzy. I am blaming the goose who decided to play him at 7 and move our most successful fullback in terms of meterage and defence back to the wing where he offers a few bucket loads of sweet FA

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 9:12 pm

prattenpark wrote:Too many dropped balls, too many easy yards for the panthers in attack = too many tackles made and too many missed are what lost us the game, not Fitzy at 7.
Rugby league is a pretty simple game these days, hold onto to the ball and maintain possession. You can't expect to win with 46% of possession, making 100 more tackles, and letting them make more than 200 metres in attack.
Penrith made easy yards with every tackle - they'd start 10-20 out from their own line and end up 20 out from ours. we struggle to make 30 metres in 6. We drop the ball, we don't maintain any pressure on the opposition.
Really poor effort across the board. I can't in all honesty single Fitzy out as being any better or any worse than anyone else.
Absolutely spot on pratten fitzy didnt loose us the game stupid mistakes cost us this game, I for one had no confidense in our goal line defence everytime they were in our half or a bomb went up I thought here we go again!!! Our support play was also terrible tonight where was the support for the Ryan and Fifita busts,you cant expect to win a game with 46% possesion.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:25 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
Kaiser wrote:He's a solid player no doubt... but for me he was important to the team because while he wore the 7 jersey... Ryan was at fullback and Fitzyhenry was lucky to play 5mins of footy!
moltzen provided a great passing game and gave early ball to allow marshall and the backs room to move, 3 time tonight i watched fitzy run 3-5 meters before passing and totally running us out of room because the early ball came too slow, infact it never came at all.

Agree. Just a poor positional selection by Sheens on tonight. He should have at least given Lazarus another crack at 7. A fullback he is not, at least not in FG. Fitzy in the halves reeks of desperation or ignorance...I'm not sure which one at the moment.

Suffice to say if Lui is passed fit for next week he better be named at 7 and Ryan shifted back to fullback.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 7:29 am

is lui due back next week? geez i hope so because i actually preferred john morris to fitzy in the halves!