An embarrassment Fitzhenry at 1/2

REHAB

Re: An embarrassment Fitzhenry at 1/2

Post by REHAB » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:16 pm

Becareful guys dont bad mouth sheens he is a protected species at our club and on this forum, u will end up on mods like myself.... i guess the moths have been wrong all this time... ROFL

Gobbs

Post by Gobbs » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:21 pm

Injuries are part and parcel of the game. Every club sustains and suffers from injuries to key personnel. However, Team selection has been the major factor, the major contributor as to why Wests have failed to reach the Finals since 2005. And Coach Sheens is solely to blame. Yes, he isn't out there dropping the ball, missing tackles, hesitating, stagnating the attack etc. But he is the individual responsible for selecting the bone heads that do.

I was infuriated to see Fitzhenry shifted to a first receiver role this evening. A position that holds a lot of substance, control and responsibility of directing and leading the side around the field goes to a very average at best, winger. The old 'manufacture' maneuver from Coach Sheens reveals itself yet again. What a disgrace.

And as seadoggy had already eluded to, to see Beau Ryan who has been as solid as they come in the Fullback position shifted to the wing to accommodate young and inexperienced Lazarus, compiled with Fitzhenry moved into the halves, this is just Coaching maddness at its very best. Fitzhenry should not be anywhere near the starting 17, let alone Top 25. Lazarus is way out of his comfort zone. No faulting the kid's effort, but he's not First Grade. Carrying a winger on a bench and utilising him for the last 5 mins, is firstly, complete stupidity and secondly, the waste of a valuable bench position which could go to a impact forward.

By all reports, Taumata made his comeback today for Balmain-Ryde Eastwood, and had a solid game. Taumata would be my choice for the No.7 jersey next week against Easts. With the return of Lui also, he may be a little under done and a stint in Reserve Grade might actually be a good thing, rather than throwing him back in the deep end with pressure to perform. It's time Sheens did away with his experimental ways, swallows his pride and gives Taumata the opportunity he solemnly deserves.
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

Tigerstripes

Post by Tigerstripes » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:25 pm

Hear hear.

Honestly - I am just sick to death of Sheen's RUBBISH

It's been FIVE YEARS

Kul

Post by Kul » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:32 pm

REHAB wrote:Becareful guys dont bad mouth sheens he is a protected species at our club and on this forum, u will end up on mods like myself.... i guess the moths have been wrong all this time... ROFL
no one EVER said that the moths' logic was wrong, in fact you'll find many people agreeing with them on many, many occasions.

Sheens is not a protected species on this forum

You, like the moths, are only on mod preview because you all personally abuse other posters/players/staff beyond a level that is acceptable - it has got nothing to do with sheens

yet somehow our attempts to maintain a civilized, mature and "below the head" debate is unfortunately and wrongly translated into an anti-moth agenda.

for example, your post above.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:36 pm

The funny thing is you guys think Fitzy was the halfback....

First it was Benji then Farah had a turn then Benji again then Farah then Benji Then Fitzy....see it's much much worse than you think....

All cause we lost Moltzen
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:06 am

i noticed that too, watching

6 fitz
7 benji
9 robbie

to

6 benji
7 robbie
9 fitz

to

6 benji
7 fitz
9 robbie

to be honest by the time fitzy had a crack at the 7 i had given up - when i saw benji and robbie sharing the 7 role i thought sheens was having a gee up

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:14 am

Very dissapointing and frustrating.

It's almost like he "over coaches" sometimes.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:16 am

mattc78 wrote:I recon Fitzy may steel the aussie number 7 jersey of JT, Sheensy being the Aussie coach and all LoL
:lol: :brick:
Number 1 souffs hater

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:18 am

i actually felt embarresed for sheens tonight, the man simply has no idea when we get an injured player or 2
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

BRET

Post by BRET » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 2:20 am

Maybe he is trying to make Morris look like a good idea so he can bring him back!!
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 5:20 am

Dear Tim, please take note of what the fans are saying on the forum, you know their right!.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 7:58 am

What a master stroke extending Sheens deal by another year.

He is the weakest link.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 8:17 am

the sad thing is if lui isn't fit we will probably see fitzy in the halves again next week...

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 8:19 am

how to stuff up a team....Moltzen gets injured = 3 positional changes and a manufactured half!.... recipe for a win!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 9:12 am

alexaki wrote:how to stuff up a team....Moltzen gets injured = 3 positional changes and a manufactured half!.... recipe for a win!
I have no problem with Fitzy in the team if he is on the wing or on the bench as cover. I don't think that this is the best long term option however I can understand it in the short term.

I have no problems with Sheens apart from the occassional terrible team selections. Last night showed how wrong he can get it.

Still we could have won that game if Benji & Robbie had got involved & taken the right options. Seriously two of the most talented players in the game who should have led us to victory took the wrong option more than once and didn't get involved enougth.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 9:29 am

Gobbs wrote:By all reports, Taumata made his comeback today for Balmain-Ryde Eastwood, and had a solid game.

Taumata was not even at Leichhardt.

Unless he played A grade or turned up for Western Suburbs Arana Taumata did not play football yesterday. Nice to see our coach talking out his arse

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 9:30 am

not at wests ..
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 9:36 am

If last night was a one off..........we can all move on to next week.

If Fitzy is in the halves for a prolonged period ( a la John Morris, which costs us the season) then we have a serious issue.