reality time boys

spaceman

reality time boys

Post by spaceman » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:26 pm

I am sorry to have to say it but after 7 rounds and having lost Moltzen for the season it is obvious that we are no better a team than last year, we have beaten 2 sides who at the time were going like busteds and 2 who will most likely finish well down the ladder. The past 2 games against formidable oponents we have looked very ordinary....we are a team who is massively overated who would only be cannon fodder should they fluke a finals spot.....

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:29 pm

people were bagging out parra and the dogs well we only have one more win then them and we were having a great year, really sums up the wests tigers really
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:32 pm

Don't agree at all just more kneejerk reactions that will be forgotten at the end of the season. to say now just because we have played poorly in 2 games to say we were lucky to win the games we have is just a joke.

I think it's sad to find so many pessimistic people on here. Yes we lost and yes it's disappointing we need to brush it off.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:34 pm

IronTiger wrote:Don't agree at all just more kneejerk reactions that will be forgotten at the end of the season. to say now just because we have played poorly in 2 games to say we were lucky to win the games we have is just a joke.

I think it's sad to find so many pessimistic people on here. Yes we lost and yes it's disappointing we need to brush it off.

fact - whenever fitzy has played 80 minutes this year we have lost
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:38 pm

All i expect is players selected at there positions AND CAN PLAY IN THE LINE Ihave had a gut full of seeing players from 1/2 to wing /from centre to lock/fullback to cetre on and on and on ...if these players can not hold there postions get rid of them and get players that can.1do not expect to much but watching the deck chairs changing every ruck and scrum any wonder there is no flow with the team WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS COACH

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:44 pm

I
IronTiger wrote:Don't agree at all just more kneejerk reactions that will be forgotten at the end of the season. to say now just because we have played poorly in 2 games to say we were lucky to win the games we have is just a joke.

I dont think Im being pesamistic Iron Tiger I just feel that our recruitment has turned out to be as poor as usual and in my opinion we dont have a half back in the club therefore my feeling our player roster is poorer than past years a roster that has constantly failed under pressure

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:46 pm

Relax everyone the season is still young theres a lot of footy to be played yet, this game was lost with poor discipline early in the 2nd half we only lost by 8 with a team that is badly patched up with players playing out of position,there was two moments that stood out for me in this game they were both busts one by Ryan of an intercept and a great bust by Fifita WHERE WAS THE BACKUP Ryan and Fifita were both on there own with the line in front of them, we just made to many stupid errors I just hope we can get the crap out of us now and build like we did in 2005 the season isnt won now its won in the last 10 to 12 games,hopefully by then we have an established halfs combo and a team that is free of injurys and is playing well, I for one still think good things are ahead :sign:

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:46 pm

I have to agree this thought did cross my mind. So did the "are we overrated?" thought. For me it's neither though. We've got to be more patient, smarter and ruthless. I've seen the signs of what we can do but right now we are a somewhat unintelligent team who tries to score off every play, rather than griding teams away.

Perhaps though this will serve as a reality check that we've got a lot of hard work ahead to get where we want to be.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:02 pm

If we had some decent completion rates we would have won the last two weeks. It's certainly not Daniel Fitzhenry's fault that first grade footballers are consistently throwing dumb passes or can't play the football properly. Last two weeks I think we've been under 44% of possession. Very few teams can win with those stats and yet both times it's only been in the final 6 or 7 minutes that we've been put out of the game.

I don't for a minute think we don't have our problems but things aren't as bad as people seem to think it is. Some of you guys can throw your arms up but fact is the team hasn't hit its strides yet and we are still 4-3 and in the Top 8.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:03 pm

spaceman wrote:I

I dont think Im being pesamistic Iron Tiger I just feel that our recruitment has turned out to be as poor as usual and in my opinion we dont have a half back in the club therefore my feeling our player roster is poorer than past years a roster that has constantly failed under pressure
You don't think Tim Moltzen and Robert Lui is enough? Who would you have signed that was available and who would you have cut to fit them in?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:24 pm

A lot of people mistook quantity for quality re our recruitment imo.
Its not the fans job to know who's on or off contract, unless you have no life...but we can analyse and evaluate the recruits they did make.
Does anyone honestly believe we'd have bought Daniella and /or brown had we gotten tuquiri first?

Three wingers

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:46 am

Yossarian wrote:
spaceman wrote:I

You don't think Tim Moltzen and Robert Lui is enough? Who would you have signed that was available and who would you have cut to fit them in?
Could have gone with Carney

I mean lets have a good hard look out our super signings for 2010.... Lote yes who else???? a bunch of 2nd graders who cant make the team ahead of Fitzhenry shows how great our signings are for 2010 and depth, one of those signings is there to warm the bench at least for 77 mins and can come on when where beaten

REHAB

Post by REHAB » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:04 am

I think its sad that after 4 years running missing the finals you thing we are pessimistic.... rofl maybe your the pessimistic on here... Nothing has changed

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 1:51 am

REHAB wrote:

I think its sad that after 4 years running missing the finals you thing we are pessimistic.... rofl maybe your the pessimistic on here... Nothing has changed
I start this with last year when the Panthers creamed us at Leichhardt Oval I left the ground seething and calling for Sheens to be sacked. Got into many arguments with our fans walking out of the ground about that. In reality not making the semis 4 years in a row should have seen the coach gone. Our club officials seem to accept mediocrity.

In saying all of the above, I am still optimistic about our side this year. Yes our recruitment could have been better (never understood the signing of Daniella and Brown) and injuries have hit (Moltzen is a huge loss). Our defence is a good as I have seen for many years. We can always score points it is the leaking of points that kills us. In the last 2 weeks we have defended well.

We need to work on our completion rate and our kick defence. I think with Lui or Arana at half for the rest of the year (I would go Lui as I think he has a better kicking game) and if we apply the same attitude to defence we will win a lot of games this year. I am not writing of this years team at all.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 4:48 am

The reality is we have a coach who makes absurd team selections and until it stops we will go nowhere.

Absolutely pathetic and disgraceful that Ryan was moved from fullback. Just ridiculous.

It's a joke.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 5:15 am

Can't some of the assisant coaches have a little chat to Tim and say 'hey mate I don't think having Fitzy at half is a good idea' or are they just sycophants to a slightly delusional dictator.

shifty

Post by shifty » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 6:05 am

I honestly don't think we played that bad. We over played our hands I. The second half n forced some silly errors, granted some stupid penalties but we were still in it with 7 mins to go. With Payton n lui hopefully to return next week, I feel for the rorters next week as their gonna cop a hiding at cambo. Relax guys, if we tidy up our game we will be a force come September.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 6:15 am

we have improved, given the lack of ball we've had over the last 2 games now, our defence has improved heaps, last year we would have been flogged.

Just need to get the completion rate back up and someone to organise an intervention for Sheens to talk about this player shuffling obsession he has, then we should be fine.