Somebody flicked a switch didn't they?

Tigerpete

Somebody flicked a switch didn't they?

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:58 pm

What happened? For 30 minutes tonight we looked good. Despite a lack of ball and territory. We looked busy, we defended great. Everytime Penrith scored we got ourselves right back into the contest. Then all of sudden at 12-all something happened? The lights went out! That's what.

Our play became dumb, full of panic style football. I thought at half time things would change, Sheens would re focus the side. How wrong was i! It was worse, worse than one could imagine. From there we never recovered. Like the week the before, as bad as we had been we got ourselves back into the contest before being delt the knock out punch.

Honestly guys, the past month has been like groundhog day. Okay, we won two and lost but really the games flowed the same. We built ourselves a compound. Battened down the hatches and held on for dear life. Doing the job admiriably. 2 weeks ago we said it was good to win but that we were lucky because your not going to win a lot of games in those circumstances. Sure enough we've lost the next 2 in those same circumstances.

This groundhog day better end soon!

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 10:47 pm

If JT had of played a full game against us a couple of weeks back we would be looking at 3 bad losses in a row.

Our side just never ever learns. The whole coaching staff are as stale as you can get...dont get me wrong there were moments of brilliance last night - Heighnos try and Lawrences and the ngood news is that our two marque players were directly responsible for both plays, however we just dont give ourselves a chance with,

poor selections
poor positioning of players
poor goal line defense
poor discipline
poor ball handling

These things have been major factors for years...nothings changed...again

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 27 Apr, 2010 12:08 pm

If JT had of played a full game against us a couple of weeks back we would be looking at 3 bad losses in a row.

Our side just never ever learns. The whole coaching staff are as stale as you can get...dont get me wrong there were moments of brilliance last night - Heighnos try and Lawrences and the ngood news is that our two marque players were directly responsible for both plays, however we just dont give ourselves a chance with,

poor selections
poor goal line defense
poor discipline
poor ball handling

One of the best posts ever seen on this forum.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Tue 27 Apr, 2010 12:19 pm

Rubbish about Thurston.

Thurston going off was one of the major reasons the team clocked off against Nth Qld.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Tue 27 Apr, 2010 1:36 pm

stryker wrote:If JT had of played a full game against us a couple of weeks back we would be looking at 3 bad losses in a row.

poor selections
poor goal line defense
poor discipline
poor ball handling

I was at the game and I recall looking up at the scoreboard with about 15 or so minutes to go. We had just got out of jail by courtesy of a Penrith mistake, when they looked like scoring. I said to myself, what we need right now is some patient football for the next few sets, where we hold it for five and get a good, DEEP kick away and chase like hell! I thought their forwards were tiring a bit in attack at the time. But NO! We go for the low percentage, flick pass deep in our own half and lose possession.
It is at these stages in games, where we need a strong captain to make sure the WHOLE team knows, when we can afford to be adventurous and WHEN WE NEED GOOD, SAFE SETS.
I am not sure Robbie commands the attention of all the team ALL THE TIME, so we play the game in the right manner to the position we are in!

stryker

Post by stryker » Thu 29 Apr, 2010 7:07 pm

TimmyB wrote:Rubbish about Thurston.

Thurston going off was one of the major reasons the team clocked off against Nth Qld.
No, that was Moltzen going off.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 01 May, 2010 10:02 am

stryker wrote:If JT had of played a full game against us a couple of weeks back we would be looking at 3 bad losses in a row.

poor selections
poor goal line defense
poor discipline
poor ball handling

Absolutely spot on.

It will never change.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 01 May, 2010 11:28 am

Rubbish.

There is only one salient point in there,BALL HANDLING.

We hang onto the ball we win,plain and simple.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 01 May, 2010 12:03 pm

If you say thats rubbish then I say you've never really watched us play for the past 4 years.