Sheens' sportsmanship?

tiger tigers

Re: Sheens' sportsmanship?

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:Nine news showed a snippet of Sheens press conf last night, when asked about Penrith and their chances he replied: "They should enjoy their time at the top while it lasts"

Speaking from experience perhaps?
mate i can understand what he means ....penrith were ripe for the picking , i was sitting back thinking gee they dont have much in the forwards ...watch the game again .. their backs did all their hard yakka......we handed that game to them on a platter because of our inability to hold on to the pill... give any side in this comp 10% more of the ball and you lose the game .....

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:24 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Nine news showed a snippet of Sheens press conf last night, when asked about Penrith and their chances he replied: "They should enjoy their time at the top while it lasts"

Speaking from experience perhaps?
mate i can understand what he means ....penrith were ripe for the picking , i was sitting back thinking gee they dont have much in the forwards ...watch the game again .. their backs did all their hard yakka......we handed that game to them on a platter because of our inability to hold on to the pill... give any side in this comp 10% more of the ball and you lose the game .....
I said this myself at halftime in the live match thread

I just thought the comment was a bit uncalled for especially after they beat us...dont focus on their s*** when our s*** is worse

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 6:39 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
tigeress wrote:however I now believe that Fitzhenry was not that bad -Lazarus needs a lot more work.
No he wasn't. He has done an outstanding job plugging key positions this season so far.
But one thing that this game shows me is, WT still have a serious halfback issue which wont fix itself overnight.
Players in the 7 jersey playing second fiddle to Marshall is just not going to work.
Farah won't play second fiddle to Marshall.....

I also a bit surprised Fitzhenry wasn't getting more involved and pushing Marshall wider where he belongs...

Fitzy should have demanded the ball a lot more than he did IIMO
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

vlad

Post by vlad » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 7:16 pm

FYI all the post match media conferences are on the foxsports website .

the sheens one is here ... http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/vide ... 44,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the elliot one is here ... http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/vide ... 42,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it's best if everyone watches these in full before making judgement on what Sheens said .

In particular watch the Elliot one where he says almost exactly the same as Tim in that it's only round 7 & the panthers have no injuries .