Live updates/spoilers thread.

Year of the Tiger

Re: Live updates/spoilers thread.

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:14 pm

Rubbsih ron< how may breaks and opportunities did farah and benji create today? $1 mill in talent and zero! The rest of the team should be asking the same thing. They were the worst players out there. The rest of the team should be proud. And sheens cant make his $1 mill perform on the day< they are paid for that
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:16 pm

But remember they didn't want to get injured for the BIG GAMES next week.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:16 pm

ball licker wrote:Rubbsih Chuck Sherman< how may breaks and opportunities did farah and benji create today? $1 mill in talent and zero! The rest of the team should be asking the same thing. They were the worst players out there. The rest of the team should be proud. And sheens cant make his $1 mill perform on the day< they are paid for that
yeah whos brilliant idea was it to play them as the halves combo? knowing from experiance it has failed time after time
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Tigerfansince85

Post by Tigerfansince85 » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:19 pm

They boys went down Fitzy's wing 8 out of 10 sets... why? Lote is on the LEFT side![/quote]

Exactly !!! I was screaming this half the game apparently they cant hear me from several hundred Ks away.
Quite a few opportunities missed on the LH side.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:23 pm

Hadley just said that two of the ozzy selectors were at the game today...who were they there to see??
If it was Tuqiri then he probably did enough
If it was Miles then he probably did enough
If it was Farah then he should miss out.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:25 pm

stryker wrote:Hadley just said that two of the ozzy selectors were at the game today...who were they there to see??
Fulton and Heighington would of impressed then :P

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:25 pm

Tigerfansince85 wrote:They boys went down Fitzy's wing 8 out of 10 sets... why? Lote is on the LEFT side!
Exactly !!! I was screaming this half the game apparently they cant hear me from several hundred Ks away.
Quite a few opportunities missed on the LH side.[/quote]

obviously it was part of sheens brilliant game plan

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:26 pm

stryker wrote:Hadley just said that two of the ozzy selectors were at the game today...who were they there to see??
Yep, Robbie said himself hes not getting his hopes up after that performance.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:27 pm

This is one game where our forwards dominated. We had a thousand opps to win this game. Now with Farah and Benji in your backline dont you think we should have scored more than once in this game? They played rubbish, and it doesn't matter where they played. When Farah played half last year we did better (without Marshall) and scored more tries. Today was not Sheens' fault. We had go forward without Farah at hooker. We had so many opps on the front foot and Marshall and farah made so many bad decisions. On any other day we would have won 13+. Ron, I am not a big Sheens supporter, but today can be put down to a lack of creativity (which we never have) and bad decisions by Farah and Benji (.., and another week of many bad mistakes). But not Sheensy loss!

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:27 pm

I've never been angry with the team before, but I am today. Just....angry. :brick:

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:30 pm

probably because they are announcing the team at campbelltown stadium at 5.30, the usually have 1 or 2 reps there to answer questions reguarding selections

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:33 pm

Tigerfansince85 wrote:They boys went down Fitzy's wing 8 out of 10 sets... why? Lote is on the LEFT side!
Why?

Because Smith stacked the side Lote and Lawrence were on.............he sent an extra man over.

That meant there was no room.

The cost to Smith was that the Ayshford + Fitzhenry side was open all day...........forcing us to go there.

To put it simply, Smith gambled that Ayshford and Fitzhenry would be so poor that they couldn't hurt him even if left open all day.

Guess what? Smith was right.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:33 pm

Balmain Tiger wrote:
Fulton and Heighington would of impressed then :P
They may have for state honors but not for test.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:35 pm

Florrie wrote:I've never been angry with the team before, but I am today. Just....angry. :brick:
Florrie, you should be proud. Our forwards were great, and I say that rarely. We lacked creativity from our playmakers who had the worst game of their season. We also defended wonderfully. Side note: Ryan is great and it looked like he had the sun in face badly in the second half, but i wasnt there. Farah and Marshall did nothing. Waters looked more dangerous than them apart from his stuff up at the scrum. We have lost 3 from 3 -I have never felt better about our pack and defence - HOW IRONIC!!!!. I cant remember Farah and Marshall both having such a non eventful and quiet game

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:37 pm

Year of the Tiger wrote:
Florrie wrote:I've never been angry with the team before, but I am today. Just....angry. :brick:
Florrie, you should be proud. Our forwards were great, and I say that rarely. We lacked creativity from our playmakers who had the worst game of their season. We also defended wonderfully. Side note: Ryan is great and it looked like he had the sun in face badly in the second half, but i wasnt there. Farah and Marshall did nothing. Waters looked more dangerous than them apart from his stuff up at the scrum. We have lost 3 from 3 -I have never felt better about our pack and defence - HOW IRONIC!!!!. I cant remember Farah and Marshall both having such a non eventful and quiet game

all waters did was knock on, and pass he was the furthest thing from dangerous

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:38 pm

I also think that the pigs were mostly good however I didnt think that they dominated the roosters. Their forwards gave it to ours just as well. It was actually a good battle.

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:40 pm

Year of the Tiger wrote:
I'll get over it soon enough, but thanks for the pointing out some positives!

Tigers 2010

Post by Tigers 2010 » Sun 02 May, 2010 4:41 pm

The worst game I have seen for a long time! Nothing had changed since '09. One hell of a frustrating game to watch..