Marshall's game today (and of late..)

Gobbs

Re: Marshall's game today (and of late..)

Post by Gobbs » Mon 03 May, 2010 12:25 pm

The maturity and patience he has shown of late went out the window yesterday, as it has probably over the past several weeks to be honest. There's been no case or sign or Marshall wanting to build any sort of pressure. Back is the off the cuff, trying to score off every pass and run he makes. I attribute that to the absence of a shifting pivot that allows him to play wider of the ruck and work more closely with the edges.
Still the Official #1 Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness Supporter ©

willow

Post by willow » Mon 03 May, 2010 12:39 pm

He needs to play more direct rather than side to side like the last few weeks. Yesterday was a good opportunity for him to do because the forwards did do their job and went forward well. The biggest problem with Benji going sideways too often is that it gives his outside backs no room to move because they instinctively start to crabwalk so as not to get in his way.

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 03 May, 2010 1:12 pm

we were winning in the middle of the field...i dont know why we changed that...fifita, rhino, fulton and keith were killing it

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Mon 03 May, 2010 4:37 pm

He confuses his teammates and even himself to an extent with the cross field running. If he tones it down a bit, takes on the line more and decides to pass in better positions, there'll definitely be more success. Having Lui and Moltzen, good ball runner/players would've helped a lot as he wouldn't feel as much pressure. He probably thought to himself that Ryan and Fulton at hooker would provide no spark, and Farah wouldn't be nearly as dangerous at half as he is at hooker, therefore pilling the load on himself.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 03 May, 2010 7:38 pm

I started a thread last week about Benji this week but everyone wanted to make excuses for the way he's been playing (as usual) people blame the rest of the team forwards etc. Maybe now you see what i'm getting at.