our right side of ayshford and fitzhenry

fergiefurr

Re: our right side of ayshford and fitzhenry

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 02 May, 2010 6:44 pm

Year of the Tiger wrote:He has played solid all year. He bent the line today, and as good as any back. He is not our shining light, but he is not someone to be replaced. And if he is, who Fur?
i dont want a center who bends the line, i want a center who makes breaks or sets up his winger and is solid in defence. halatau bent the line but he was still a terrible center.

i dont know who else, as i dont see enough PL unfortunately, however i think something really needs to be done about our right three quarter line.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 02 May, 2010 7:14 pm

Ayshford = good
Fitzhenry = bad

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 03 May, 2010 9:04 am

He has looked bad in attack since Moltzen went down for the simple reason that neither of our two remaining playmakers can effectively pass right to left at any speed.

His defence has been excellent. Last week was not his best game but it was also Ellis' worst defensive game in club colours

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 03 May, 2010 9:13 am

Ayshford has been playing pretty well I think. He needs a lot of work on his passing though, he often holds the ball too long going for the line himself, then makes a VERY late spec pass before he gets bundled into touch. The pass is often ordinary resulting in a turnover regardless.

On the other side of the coin however, I think Lawrence is not backing himself enough. I would like to see him take on the line a bit more. Mind you, I don't think I can recall an occassion that Lawrence should of passed to his winger and he didn't make the pass.

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 03 May, 2010 12:53 pm

not rating ayshford this year, seems lazy in attack. His defence however is mostly solid except for this little slide of the players legs tackles.

but we probably have no-one else to replace him with
tigers!

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Mon 03 May, 2010 9:20 pm

You blokes are harsh. I thought Ayshford has hugely improved in defense and once somebody gives him good ball will be just as effective in attack.

Fitzhenry yes, he has offered nothing and will continue to offer nothing until somebody replaces him
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 03 May, 2010 9:30 pm

Ayshford runs hard and isn't scared to be brought down and is defending a lot better this year. He does tend to hang on to the ball a bit, but I wouldn't be passing it to Fitzy neither, so its a catch 22 right there. The right side is impotent purely because the other teams know what we know and will target Ayshford 9 times out of 10 because he's the one to be worried about. Put TNT or Tame Tupou outside Ayshford and you're looking at a different kettle of fish.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Mon 03 May, 2010 9:33 pm

lets chuck ayshford on the wing and dywer in the centres!!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:24 pm

The couple of times there were genuine breaks down the right on Sunday it was unfortunate because Fitzy was at DH as per his brief from the coach and nobody had come across to fill the wing spot

willow

Post by willow » Tue 04 May, 2010 11:36 am

Unfortunately neither Ayshford or Lawrence are getting the quality ball they need this year. The backline has stuttered badly over the past 3 weeks and it's no surprise they're struggling to make an impact. Even Tuqiri had to go searching for the ball which was frustrating.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 04 May, 2010 11:39 am

smeghead wrote:The couple of times there were genuine breaks down the right on Sunday it was unfortunate because Fitzy was at DH as per his brief from the coach and nobody had come across to fill the wing spot
Yes, that was definitely noticed on Sunday.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 04 May, 2010 1:04 pm

willow wrote:Unfortunately neither Ayshford or Lawrence are getting the quality ball they need this year. The backline has stuttered badly over the past 3 weeks and it's no surprise they're struggling to make an impact. Even Tuqiri had to go searching for the ball which was frustrating.
I think Lote touched the ball three or four times in the first half.

That is pathetic for a player we are paying huge $$$ to, the rest of the side needs to get him more involved. We have Lawrence and Lote on the left, so why did we keep going right on Sunday?

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 04 May, 2010 1:06 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:We have Lawrence and Lote on the left, so why did we keep going right on Sunday?
Ask Robbie... seemed to be the one pushing the play that direction
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 04 May, 2010 1:09 pm

Kaiser wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:We have Lawrence and Lote on the left, so why did we keep going right on Sunday?

Hmmm...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Tue 04 May, 2010 1:30 pm

i think Ayshford's going well. his defence has been pretty good this year overall. to be honest, neither Ayshford or Lawrence has been brilliant in attack, but I actually think that is more about the quality of the ball they end up with. Can't be much fun receiving a pass 10 metres in from touch with no room to move and defence waiting for you after Marshall has crabbed across the field for 40 metres.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 04 May, 2010 2:40 pm

Geo. wrote:
Kaiser wrote:

Hmmm...

What your thinking problems geo between benji and robbie