Campbelltown Stadium

AmericanHistoryX

Re: Campbelltown Stadium

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 02 May, 2010 8:45 pm

its a boutique ground and the atmosphere today wasn't bad at all especially when we had the ball.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 02 May, 2010 9:00 pm

And what about the clock. Came home and watched the fox broadcast (yeah, we are masochists) and Benji's first kick at goal came at 2 min 48sec. The clock at this time read 39.59 minutes. I think the players played for at least 2 and a half extra minutes in the first half.
Also, the lights came on before half time. What the??? Beau looked straight into them when he dropped the "bomb"!!

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 02 May, 2010 9:13 pm

Was my first trek to Cambeltown, didn't mind the ground, but getting out of there was bad. Took forever to get out of there, and forever to get through the station. Ground was alright though, atmosphere wasn't too bad. Although looking into the sun was annoying.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 02 May, 2010 9:17 pm

i thought the ground was great ... i got there about 12 ish and watched a fair bit of the 20s ... we sat right behind the goalposts, it was easy to get food , use the amenities....the atmosphere.... well blame the team for that ....they never really gave the fans an opportunity to get excited .... the handfull of roosters fans in their army could be heard when they hit the front late in the game .. im just glad we didnt get to 12 a piece , cause i dont think i could of sat through any more time of one of the most boring games i have seen in years ....................

metroside

Post by metroside » Sun 02 May, 2010 9:38 pm

After not having been to the grounds for over 10 years since the Maggies use to play there, my initial thoughts of the new makeover was there was a lot of seating compared to some of the other grounds that I have been too. However, I do miss the old dusty eastern hill where the loyal Western Suburb supporters use to cheer on the Maggies. The hill use to generate great team spirit and fanatasic atmosphere amongst supporters and I believe the Tigers could have done with a little more of that today.

While, obviously progress will prevale, I do miss watching the game on the eastern hill.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 02 May, 2010 9:49 pm

Beautiful stadium. I wish we played all home games there. :)

BRET

Post by BRET » Sun 02 May, 2010 10:08 pm

I think it is great the price of childrens general admission tickets. $10. A great way to get people to bring the kids along ensuring more support in the future from the youngins. All grounds should do the same, making it affordable for families goes a long way in securing more supporters.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

galahs

Post by galahs » Sun 02 May, 2010 10:43 pm

The atmosphere at Wests Tigers games has never been the same since 2005. Maybe because the team gave us something to cheer about.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 03 May, 2010 5:17 am

Ita not a bad ground,you are very close to the action.

The 20k were as quiet as......except for when Lote had the ball and everyone went nuts.

On the way out there were a lot of peeps in Magpie gear saying we played like Balmain and blaming the orange jumpers..... :lol:

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:24 am

Yesterday was just another example of the players not turning up for a big occasion. been a number of these games since '05. The one at Leichhardt against the Rabbits in '07 or '08 when the crowd was huge and we lost 37-12 comes to mind.

It's shameful that on such an occasion, the first game of the year at a suburban home ground, with almost 20k in attendance, and it being Sheens' 600th game as a coach, that they laid such a huge smoking turd (forward pack aside).

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:29 am

The redevelopment of the top deck of the Western stand is pathetic.

They have added an extra row of seats which means leg room is now virtually zero and also upgraded the rake on the stairs meaning elderly people have a near impossible time making it to their seats without some form of assistance

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:39 am

Entire Stadium is pathetic...
The benches on the fence on the hill have squeezed out GA fans to be packed like sardines...
And you'd think with the money they had to spend they'd get a bigger screen than that joke of a 51cm tv on the northern end...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

BRET

Post by BRET » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:42 am

One other minor complaint -

I know my eyesight isn't the best, but seeing the score and time countdown wasn't easy. And what was with the blunder with the score and counter?
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:51 am

Yeah ...lets bash Campbelltown to death.....

All of it true unfortunately...

Hope the Upgrades to to Old Girl are done with class and fans in mind not $$$$$$$$$$...

Also the Western Grandstand was not sold out,...unless peeps didint turn up...there where at least 30 seats in bay 31 empty....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 03 May, 2010 10:54 am

I doubt that Geo. All upgrades are done with profite in mind.

I think alot of STH did not turn up. Hell half my row was empty

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 03 May, 2010 11:12 am

smeghead wrote:
I think alot of STH did not turn up. Hell half my row was empty
People disillusioned already?

I don't blame them TBH.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 03 May, 2010 11:18 am

I don't think it is that.

Alot has to do with alot of people not wanting to deal with the pathetic parking sitation at our real homes.

I made the mistake of parking on the other side of the railway for the first time in years. The wait to get over the pedestrian bridge is 40 minutes of my life I won't get back. God forbid you have limited mobility etc

galahs

Post by galahs » Mon 03 May, 2010 12:38 pm

hopefully the footbridge they are building will help that
We wear our heart on our sleeve.